Good looking hair makes you feel good about yourself. It will boost your self-esteem and keep you looking forward to your next big day at work or an event. A part of keeping your hair healthy and looking shiny involves washing, conditioning and drying it. To achieve the best results, you need to have the best hair dryer. Drying your hair can turn out to be not as simple as some might assume especially if it is long. However, with a good hair drier, drying your hair should not be such a daunting task. It should be fun to encourage you to keep your hair washed up and well-conditioned. Gone are the days when hair dryers used to be bulky and it used to take ages to dry up your hair. In 2018 hair dryers are lighter, sleek-looking, more efficient and safe.
You might wonder what you are supposed to examine in a drier when looking for the best one. If you happen to go shopping either online or in physical stores, you will find a wide variety of dryers. This will most probably leave you in limbo, concerning which among them is the best. We have tested some hair dryers and compiled a review of the performance and features of these. The review is meant to give you insights into the technical aspects of a hairdryer. These aspects will help you understand how these dryers work and therefore put you in a better position to make an informed decision next time you are out shopping for a hairdryer. Below is a chronological review of some dyers that stood out regarding their features and performance.
- 1 Best Hair Dryers 2018
- 2 1) RUSK Engineering W8less – Best Professional Hair Dryer
- 3 2) Remington D3190A Best Ceramic Hair Dryer
- 4 3) BaBylissPRO – Ceramix Xtreme Dryer
- 5 4) Conair 1875-Watt – Pro Hair Dryer
- 6 5) Jinri Professional Hair Dryer
- 7 6) Conair Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer
- 8 7) Infiniti Pro by Conair
- 9 8) GHD Air Hair Dryer
- 10 9) Twin Turbo 3200 Ionic Professional Hair Dryer
- 11 10) Panasonic EH-NA65-K
- 12 11) Parlux Compact Hair Dryer
- 13 Best Hair Dryers 2018 – Buyer’s Guide (DEEP INSIGHT)
- 14 FAQS About The Best Hair Dryers 2018
Best Hair Dryers 2018
|Name||Number of speed settings||Motor Power draw (watts)||Number of heat levels||Heating Element||Price|
|RUSK Engineering W8less||2||2000||3||Ceramic and tourmaline||Check Price|
|Remington D3190A Ceramic Hair Dryer||2||1875||3||Ceramic and tourmaline||Check Price|
|BaBylissPRO - Ceramix Xtreme Dryer||2||2000||4||ceramic||Check Price|
|Conair 1875-Watt - Pro Hair Dryer||2||1875||3||ceramic||Check Price|
|Jinri Hair Dryer||2||2000||3||tourmaline||Check Price|
|Conair Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer||2||1875||3||ceramic||Check Price|
|Infiniti Pro by Conair||2||1875||3||ceramic||Check Price|
|GHD Air Hair Dryer||2||1900||4||ceramic||Check Price|
|Twin Turbo 3200||2||1900||3||ceramic||Check Price|
|Panasonic EH-NA65-K||2||1875||3||tourmaline||Check Price|
|Parlux Compact Hair Dryer||2||2000||4||ceramic||Check Price|
1) RUSK Engineering W8less – Best Professional Hair Dryer
The Rusk professional is an all-around hair dryer, designed to satisfy hair drying requirements of virtually everyone. It is a great tool for hair stylists and salon workers. The hairdryer is lightweight and has a sleek aesthetic look. It is powerful and works well with almost all types of hair. It is particularly very effective on thick and coarse hair that cannot be effectively handled with a blow-dry. The Rusk professional is made of ceramic and tourmaline materials which are effective in heat conservation and safety. It heats up fast and has hair-charge-balancing capabilities.
- It weighs less than one pound.
- It is infused with ceramic and tourmaline materials.
- It emits infrared heat waves.
- It is equipped with a 2000-watt heating element.
- It’s lightweight hence convenient to use.
- The ceramic and tourmaline elements heat up well and conserve heat better.
- The infra-red heat waves are far-reaching, they, therefore, dry up hair quickly.
- It applies to almost all hair types.
- The ceramic and tourmaline materials make it safe to handle.
- It is well designed to enable a strong grip while working.
- Its nozzle is a bit long; this could be a nuisance when it is being used on someone with short hair.
- It requires a bit of expertise to be able to use effectively; may not be very effective as a personal home dryer if you don’t have the expertise.
The Rusk professional seems to be able to deliver on all its promises. There are several reviews about it on Amazon. A better percentage of them is positive. There are a few outcries though about its diffuser falling off and the plug casing made of plastic breaking or blowing up. These seem like isolated cases though. They are not enough to warrant brushing off this powerful dryer.
The Remington D3190A is yet another dryer that delivers good performance and has great versatility. It has impressive technologies to handle frizz hair, and its use and control are simple. It comes with three heat settings and two-speed settings that expand its scope regarding the types of hair it can effectively handle. It is equipped with ceramic and tourmaline heating elements which are known to heat up quickly and conserve the heat as well. This is an excellent option if you are looking for a multi-purpose hair dryer.
- It comes with micro hair conditioners.
- It emits negative ions into your hair.
- It is equipped with an 1875-watt motor.
- It features three heat settings and two-speed settings.
- It comes with a narrow concentrator.
- It features ceramic and tourmaline heating elements.
- It has a powerful motor; it can produce adequate heat to dry up your hair.
- It has advanced technology that induces negative ions in your hair to reduce frizz.
- The narrow concentrator helps to style hair easily.
- It features a cool shot button that shoots a burst of cold air into your hair to keep it intact.
- The ceramic and tourmaline elements are effective in heat production and conservation.
- It is a bit bulky; Using it over a long period might make your hand numb.
The Remington D3190A is an excellent hairdryer going by its features. However, it has some complaints on Amazon, regarding its lack of heat, or over-heating and the components melting. These could be isolated cases though. They are sometimes dependent on the user’s handling of the dryer and maintenance. It’s features and performance are not disappointing by any means, and it deserves to feature in a list of best hair dryers in 2018.
The BaBylissPRO does not score any less concerning its performance. It comes with a blissful design that allows a comfortable and strong grip. It features an impressive four heat settings and comes with a ceramic heating element that is always preferred for heating applications. It comes with a well-designed concentrator. It can handle a variety of hair types making it very appropriate for professional hair styling application.
- It comes with a ceramic heating element.
- The heating element has a power draw of 2000 watt.
- It features four heat settings and two-speed settings.
- It comes with the cold shot switch.
- It has a concentrator nozzle.
- It comes with a removable hair filter.
- It has good heat dissipation as a result of a powerful heating element.
- It has four temperature settings making it ideal for various types of hair.
- It comes with an 8mm concentrator, works well during styling.
- Produces infra-red heat waves that protect hair from damage.
- It has a nice design that allows a comfortable and firm grip.
- It is a bit heavy hence not appropriate to use for long hours.
- Its power draw is on the higher side; might inflate electricity costs.
The BaBylissPRO is also a fantastic dryer considering its features. It, however, attracts some complaints about its weight, though most find that as not that big of an issue. It should not be disregarded based on the heavyweight, as its performance is impressive. It will help you finish drying your hair quite fast, and therefore the weight might not have such a toll on you.
The Conair Full Size Pro hair dryer is another decent addition to this collection. It has acceptable heat generation levels and exciting features. The aesthetic design is impressive, and it has considered the user’s comfort and grip while using it. It comes with a silver chrome barrel and an impressive diamond finish which makes it very shiny and attractive. You will want this dryer hanging somewhere in your salon or bedroom.
- It has a heating element of 1875 watt in power draw.
- It comes with three heat settings and two-speed settings.
- It has the cool shot switch.
- It comes with a removable filter.
- It comes with a concentrator nozzle.
- It has ionic conditioning capabilities.
- It weighs 1.8 pounds.
- The heating element produces adequate heat.
- The cool shot switch is effective in locking up hair.
- The concentrator eases the process of styling.
- The removable filler traps lint; it is then removed to ensure the dryer lasts long.
- It blows infra-red heat waves and negative ions into the hair to fight hair frizz.
- The distinction between the heat levels is too minimal; it might not be able to handle different types of hair.
The Conair Full Size Pro dryer could be termed as of average performance in comparison to the other dryers we have looked at. The heat levels are so close to each other that it might be difficult to distinguish them. This makes it suitable for a personal hair dryer than one for professional use. That is a bit of a downside. Overall, its performance is good enough, and that’s why it has made it to this review.
The Jinri hair dryer is yet another dryer that is specifically designed to be used in professional applications. It comes with unique and exciting accessories. It has the ETH Rohs safety certification that assures you of optimum safety during use. It can be used for other functions of styling other than for drying. This dryer will gently work to dry your hair within a short time. It comes with a well-designed nozzle that shoots infra-red heat radiation in your hair reducing frizz and making it healthy.
- It has an 1875-watt heating element.
- It is equipped with a tourmaline heating element.
- It comes with a concentrator nozzle, a comb, and diffuser.
- It has three heat level settings and two-speed settings.
- It comes with a removable hair filter.
- It shoots infra-red heat radiation that makes hair healthier.
- It has ample heat generation and conservation.
- It comes with several accessories that make styling easy.
- The three heat level settings make it versatile; it can be applied to various types of hair.
- The hair filter helps remove hair being drawn into the duct to ensure it lasts longer.
- It is heavy; you hand will turn numb is you use it for long durations.
The Jinri professional dryer impresses with its safety standards and additional accessories. It is also able to handle a wider variety of hair types. This makes it versatile which is a desirable factor. Being a dryer designed to be used in a professional setting, the weight issue is rather concerning. It can deliver impressive performance though. This helps it secure a strong position in this review.
This is yet another entrant into the review from the Conair brand of hair dryers. Just like its sibling in this review, it does not score any less when it comes to its features and performance. It features the preferred tourmaline ceramic elements and has a good heat generation and retention capacity. It comes with a comb and a concentrator to add up a function of styling to its drying function. It has three temperature level settings and two-speed settings. It has a sleek design that enables comfortable and safe handling.
- It comes with an element of 1875-watts in power draw.
- It comes with a comb and concentrator.
- It has a high-torque DC motor.
- It features the cool shot switch.
- It features the ionic technology.
- It can generate adequate heat.
- The cool shot switch is a great feature that helps to lock hair.
- The ionic technology helps reduce frizz and make the hair healthier.
- The comb and concentrator are useful in styling.
- The strong DC motor helps to dry hair quickly.
- It’s lightweight hence convenient.
- The concentrator keeps falling off once the dyer gets hot.
This Conair dryer has impressive performance. It will dry up your hair quick and help you to style it. The concentrator, falling off now and then might be a very annoying thing though. This might make it undesirable for various people. It does have a couple of accessories though. These accessories allow styling, a function which other dryers don’t have. It therefore easily secures a place among the best hair dryers.
The Conair brand seems to be quite ahead of other dryers in the hair drying realm. The Infiniti pro is another one of their hair dryers. This one is designed for professional applications. It comes in with both styling and drying functions. It is powerful regarding heat generation and its motor. It has all the signature features of an effective hair dryer. It is well designed aesthetically and has a well-placed handle that allows a firm grip, hence easier and safer handling. It comes with a diffuser and a concentrator to help with the styling.
- It has a strong AC motor.
- It features three heat settings and two-speed settings.
- It has the cold shot button.
- It features the ceramic and ionic technology.
- It has a removable filter.
- It comes with a concentrator.
- The concentrator helps in styling.
- The ionic technology helps reduce frizz in your hair.
- The removable filter prevents hair from being sucked into the dryer and damaging it.
- The three heat level settings make it versatile; it can handle several types of hair.
- The cold shot button helps in locking up bundles of hair in place.
- It weighs 2.4 pounds, which is a bit heavy for long duration use.
The Infiniti Pro delivers impressive performance and has all the necessary features of an effective hair dryer. The weight issue as noted earlier does not warrant shrugging off an effective device. It is designed for professional use though. This means it might require long duration handling. Its handle is designed to ensure a comfortable hand position and a strong grip. This works well to reduce pressure on your hands while using it. It is, therefore, one of the superior hair dryers we have featured in this list.
The GHD air hair dryer has a sleek agronomical design which ensures a comfortable hand position for both right and left-handed persons. This award-winning hair dryer is quite different from the other hair dryers we have reviewed so far. It comes with an extra-long cord to give you flexibility while working on your hair. It comes with two differently shaped nozzles to help you style your hair more conveniently.
- It comes with a powerful AC motor.
- It comes with the ionic technology.
- It has the cold shot capability.
- It comes with two nozzles of different shapes.
- It has three heat level settings and two-speed settings.
- It comes with an adaptor ring for a universal diffuser.
- The powerful motor dries up hair quickly.
- The ionic technology reduces frizz in the hair.
- The cold shot capability allows you to lock hair while styling.
- The two nozzles make it convenient for different styles.
- The three heat levels make it applicable to a variety of hair types.
- It weighs 3.5 pounds which is bulky for a hairdryer. Your hand will quickly get numb under such weight.
The GHD air hair dryer is designed as a personal hair drier. It will dry up your hair very quickly, therefore, making up for its heavyweight. It is versatile in that you have the liberty to style your hair differently and you can use it on different types of hair. It has a strong performance regarding heat generation capacity and its motor. The adaptor ring makes it convenient since it allows you to replace your diffuser if it gets broken. It is, therefore, one of the best hair dryers available.
The Twin turbo 3200 is unlike any hair dryer we have come across so far. It delivers impressive results with its strong heat generation elements and motor. It has both the ceramic and ionic technologies that work great for drying up your hair quickly and reducing frizz. YOUR hair is left looking healthy and shiny. It is lightweight regardless of its strong performance. It also comes with an anti-overheating protection system.
- It has a 1900-watt power draw.
- It features a removable filter.
- It has four temperature levels and two-speed levels.
- It comes with a concentrator.
- It features and anti-overheating system.
- The dryer can generate adequate heat levels.
- The removable filter ensures it lasts for long.
- The four temperature levels mean it can handle almost all types of hair.
- The concentrator helps to style hair.
- The anti-overheating system protects the dryer from damage.
- It is lightweight and therefore easy to handle.
- The nozzle tends to fall off often when the dryer gets hot.
The Twin turbo 3200 is a revolutionary in all its aspects. It is powerful and lightweight at the same time, making it ideal for many applications. It dries up your hair quickly and works well on many types of hair. This dryer is likely to be high ranking in the list of best hair dryers.
This Panasonic hair drier is another revolutionary hair drier, considering its Nanoe technology. This technology enables it to have extra conveniences that we haven’t come across in the other hair dryers. The dryer comes with three nozzle attachments making it even more convenient. This dryer takes convenience to a whole new level. It has a shiny and attractive ergonomic design. The design includes a well-placed handle that ensures a comfortable and firm grip. This adds on to your safety while handling the device. The extra accessories include a comb and a concentrator.
- It features the Nanoe technology.
- It comes with three nozzle attachments.
- It has an 1875-watt power draw.
- It has three temperature settings and two-speed settings.
- It comes with a removable filter.
- It has a 9-foot rotatable cord.
- It features the cool shot button.
- The Nanoe technology is effective in sucking moisture from the hair; dries the hair quicker and more effectively.
- The dryer can generate enough heat.
- The three-temperature setting allows it to work on a variety of hair types.
- The removable filter works to protect the device from damage.
- The cool shot button aids the process of styling.
- The rotatable cord makes it easier to handle.
- It weighs 2.8 pounds; this is a rather heavyweight for a dryer.
The Panasonic dryer comes in with a different technology but delivers better results than some of the dryers we have reviewed. Its weight should not be a concern as we have already seen a heavier dryer. It has impressive performance which is enough to secure it a high-ranking position among the best hair dryers of 2018.
Our final review involves the Parlux Compact hair dryer. The dryer has similar features with most of the other dryers in this review. It does score well when it comes to its convenience though. It has a very long cable that allows easy handling. Its ergonomic design is also top-notch. It is an innovative dryer, and most of its features are banked on futuristic technology.
- It has four heat settings and two-speed settings.
- It features the signature cold shot button.
- It comes with two concentrator nozzles of different shapes.
- It has a built-in silencer.
- It is a rather silent dryer.
- It reduces static in hair and leaves it shiny and healthy.
- The cold shot aids in the process of styling.
- The concentrator nozzle allows different styling.
- The 3-meter cable makes the dryer easy to maneuver with while drying hair.
- It falls short in heat generation; it might not work well for some types of hair.
The Parlux Compact comes in as a rather moderate performing dryer. The convenience features are exciting though, and they give the dryer an edge, hence its appearance in this review. It faces some complains about it heat capacity on Amazon though. It is a great drier for people with soft and silky hair though.
Having gone through some hair dryers available in the market, you now have an idea of what the technical aspects of a hair dryer involve. However, you might wonder how exactly one decides to buy a particular hair dryer after having understood all these features. Well, you will be able to choose by comparing these features to your requirements. These requirements are different from person to person depending on their circumstances. Hair types are also a huge distinguishing factor on the requirements of different people. Therefore, the best hair dryer for you might not necessarily be the best for the next person. Below are some things you should look at, in comparison to your needs to be able to make a decision.
The performance of a hair drier is banked on three aspects. These are; heat generation capacity, the motor, and its durability. The heater you purchase should be able to generate enough heat to dry up your hair. Different hair types absorb water to different levels. For instance, thick and Kinky hair absorbs more water and therefore requires higher heat levels to dry up. Similarly, the motor should be able to generate enough torque to blow away the water in the hair. Durability is informed by the protection measures put in place to protect the dryer from damage. A careful consideration of these factors in comparison with the specific needs of your hair will easily help you make an informed decision.
Comfortable handling during use is important because it allows you to work faster and more efficiently. It also ensures you remain safe and reduces the chances of damaging the device. The handling of a hair dryer is affected by its ergonomic design, weight, and size of the dryer. Most dryers are of a standard size they will fit well in your hand. The comfortability is however informed by the design of the handle. Always test the handle to ensure you have a comfortable and firm grip. The weight is also a concern the heavier the dryer, the more uncomfortable it will be. Always try to go for less heavy dryers if this does not comprise on the performance.
These hair dryers are powered by electric current. They are therefore hazardous and should be handled with care. Also, the dryer you purchase needs to have a safety certification. These certifications indicate that it has been checked and cleared as safe for use. This information will always be on the package. Never buy a dryer that has no safety certification as it could turn out to be harmful. You do not want your hair catching fire while you are drying it. Some dryers will come with additional safety measures to protect both you and the dryer. It is always advisable to go for the dryer that can guarantee your safety. Your safety is paramount and comes first, in as much as you might want your hair to look good.
The price of the drier ultimately determines whether you buy it or not. The different features of these dryers make the prices ranges run from 20 dollars to almost 200 dollars. These prices are always a reflection of the quality and standard of the dryer. It is basic knowledge that the higher the price, the better, the dryer could be. That’s is most likely the case, but it is not definite. You need to compare prices with the features of these dryers to ensure you get value for your money. It is important to also not compromise on quality for the price. Always go for the best quality that you can afford.
This review now puts you in a better position to make an informed decision next time you are out shopping for a hairdryer. However, it is a long one, and will probably wonder how you are supposed to recall every little detail of it. Worry not! You do not have to memorize it. Below is a summary table of the hair dryers we have reviewed with their respective features. It also shows you the price. From the table, it would be easy to skim through and come up with a decision quickly.
|RUSK Engineering W8less||Check Price|
|Remington D3190A Ceramic Hair Dryer||Check Price|
|BaBylissPRO - Ceramix Xtreme Dryer||Check Price|
|Conair 1875-Watt - Pro Hair Dryer||Check Price|
|Jinri Hair Dryer||Check Price|
|Conair Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer||Check Price|
|Infiniti Pro by Conair||Check Price|
|GHD Air Hair Dryer||Check Price|
|Twin Turbo 3200||Check Price|
|Panasonic EH-NA65-K||Check Price|
|Parlux Compact Hair Dryer||Check Price|
Best Hair Dryers 2018 – Buyer’s Guide (DEEP INSIGHT)
Here is a comprehensive buying guide for best hair dryers 2018 to have a deep insight for a better decision.
Hair dryers have undergone various technological advancements to suit specific needs. For this reason, choosing a dryer for your hair involves a closer look at the dryer’s features including the special and technical vis a vis your needs to settle for the best. The following guide is thus a valuable asset to help you make your purchase decision.
Types of hair dryers
For you to attain your best looks, subjecting your hair to some heat is necessary. Heat treatment is useful in attaining hair volume and a sleek professional finish. Before settling for the best dryer, an understanding of your hair type is important as more dryers are in existence today to match the different hair textures. These dryers embrace different technologies in their make for a perfect hair type match. They include:
Ceramic hair dryers: these dryers feature a ceramic technology where a heating element made of ceramic, conducts heat and radiates it to the hair. Ceramic, unlike other heating materials, distributes the heat to the hair with regulation. Thus, these dryers are ideal for daily use on a normal or fine hair, be it styling or drying as they cannot damage the hair.
Infrared hair dryers: dryers using this technology are useful in styling normal to fine hair types. The technology provides an even heat distribution at a consistent temperature. This allows your hair to dry faster at high drying temperatures hence no heat damages.
Ionic hair dryers: these dryers offer two benefits to the hair. First, they dry the hair. To do this, the dryers release negative ions that break down the water molecules in the hair. This allows for faster drying hence no heat damage. Secondly, these dryers lock in moisture by closing off the hair cuticle. This feature makes them an ideal dryer for the dry hair types, overcoming the frizzy looks to bring out a shiny and smooth look.
Tourmaline hair dryers: these dryers employ tourmaline technology that features a mineral which upon application of some force generates electric charges to emit both infrared heat and charged ions. The dryers are an upgrade to the ionic and infrared dryers. They, therefore, feature a shorter drying time for your hair as a result of the higher number of negatively charged ions.
Titanium hair dryers: these hair dryers distribute heat from a titanium coil metal making them the quickest dryers. The dryers feature high but consistent temperatures hence a shorter time to dry your hair thus no heat damage. A benefit of these dryers is their lightweight that ensures minimum strain on your arm when styling. The dryer is ideal for thick hair which takes a longer time to dry.
Selecting the best hair dryer among the above types is dependent on your specifications as a consumer. Thus, before analyzing the dryer’s special features, consider:
Cost: if you love your hair, you should be willing to invest in it. Investing in a good dryer will require you to spend extra coins. However, the long run result is a savings due to the cheap maintenance costs and longer service. Of importance also is that a costly hair dryer features good quality with the right temperature and time balance. For this reason, using such dryers will not only save you the money spent on maintaining them but also maintaining your hair as they will cause zero heat damage to your hair.
Weight: the dryer’s weight dictates user comfort. A heavy dryer will strain your arm especially if you have long hair. Thus if you are looking for a personal dryer to use on your hair, a lighter option is ideal. However, if you are looking for a professional dryer, you will have to cope with their slightly heavyweights caused by their components. Your hair dryer’s weight is also an important portability feature. This implies that the heavier your drier, the more difficult it will be to maneuver around with it. Thus, if you are always on the move, consider the more compact and lightweight hair dryers.
Hair type: if you like to keep your hair straight or curly, then select your hair specific type of dryer. Also, if your hair is thin, you will naturally need a low heat dryer unlike the frizzy and thick type hair to minimize heat damages.
Noise tolerance: whether you are a professional or a DIY user, high noise levels from your hair dryer are disturbing. You sure do not want to wake your family very early because you are fixing your hair. Thus, consider high-quality hair dryers featuring AC motors whose operations are quieter.
Special features to consider when buying your hair dryer
Once you identify and understand your hair type, budget and comfort needs, it is now time to factor in additional features on your hair dryer to ensure optimal functionality. The best hair dryers will contain the following special features:
Hair filter: the hair filter traps debris and falling hair. When the debris accumulates, it compromises dryer functionality resulting to overheating that is harmful to your hair. Thus, as a smart buyer, purchasing a dryer with a removable hair filter will be ideal to enhance regular cleaning.
Cool shot: Purchasing a hair dryer with this feature is useful in attaining the perfect style for your hair. By blowing cool air into your hair, this feature seals the hair cuticle to provide shine and hold your style in place for a longer time.
Nozzle: to prevent blowing the whole area just because you want to dry your hair, consider hair dryers that concentrate the heat to your hair. Dryers with this feature are also efficient in spot drying.
Turbo shot: to speed up your hair drying process, consider dryers with a turbo shot. This feature attains this purpose by increasing the airflow within the dryer.
Diffusers: if you are dealing with a curly hair, then this is a must-have hairdryer feature. Diffusers, featuring short fingers spread the air flow on the hair thus preventing frizz. On the other hand, if you simply want to add volume to your hair, then purchase dryers with longer fingers. These long fingers direct heat to the hair roots to build up the hair volume.
Switch: Hairdryer switches include the sliding and rocker switches. The sliding switches on the dryer’s handle can be hard where they do not stick out enough or become stiff. Rocker switches, on the other hand, are easy to use. However, accidental reactivations are a common problem with these types of switch. Thus, as a smart buyer, buy a switch whose operation is easy for you with minimal accidents.
Other convenient features: these include the hanging loop and power chord. A loop offers a hanging spot for the hair dryer to allow it to cool thereby minimizing on after use accidents. Selecting a power chord as a convenient feature for your hair dryer will involve picking the right length depending on how high you hold your hair during drying. Longer cables are not limiting hence suitable. To ensure your cable’s internal wiring remains intact, hang it or lay it loosely on the ground instead of winding it around your dryer.
Power: if you want to save the time you take to dry your hair, then a high wattage is convenient. This feature will also protect your hair from heat damages. Thus if your hair is thin, a low wattage dryer with 1800 watts and above is ideal. On the other hand, if your hair is thick, consider dryers with as high as 3600 watts.
Heat and speed settings: this setting directly links to the above feature. Purchasing a dryer with more settings is an advantage as you will remain in control of the airflow throughout your hair dying process. For instance, you will use the high and low heat settings to dry and style your hair respectively while keeping the texture variations in mind. As a rule, however, consider at least 1200 watts for thin or damaged hair, 1300 watts for normal hair and 1600watts for the thick, coarse or curly hair type.
Warranty: if you are investing in an expensive, high-quality hair dryer, then a reasonable warranty should come as its accompaniment. A longer warranty period represents quality. Where possible, consider dryers with unlimited warranties for full coverage in the event of a breakdown.
Safety features: with hair dryers, you need to check for compliance with the Consumer Product Safety Commission guidelines if you live in the USA. These guidelines include the ground circuit breaker which ensures user safety against electrocution. Before using the hair dryer, always check the instruction manual for the manufacturer’s guidelines on user safety depending on the brand you are using.
Choosing the best hair dryer for your lifestyle
The best professional hair dryer: if you are a hairdresser, then the BaBylissPRO Ceramix dryer is the ultimate solution. This dryer features a high power efficiency of up to 2000watts hence suitable for both thin and thick hair types with just a simple adjustment to any one of its four heat settings. The dryer features A/C motors of a professional standard hence high performance and lifespan. This feature makes this device stand out as the best dryer for professional use. Featuring the ceramic technology in its operations, this machine gently and evenly distributes infrared heat to your hair to ensure a smooth fine finish without any damages. Also, to ensure your hair dries within a shorter time and avoid heat damages, this dryer has a concentrate nozzle that facilitates spot drying. The dryer also features additional features including a removable filter and cold shot button for effective cleaning and styling respectively. Also, for usability ease, this dryer has a rubberized grip that prevents falling during handling. The rubber grip is also useful bearing in mind the weight of this dryer’s professional motors.
The best hair dryer for damage control: If your hair is damaged and you cannot find an ideal way to dry it, then worry no more. With Remington hair dryer, you have everything you need for your hair, all in one package. This dryer features the ceramic and ionic technologies in its make to control hair damage. The ionic technology restores damaged hair by reducing the frizz while the ceramic technology prevents further damage to the hair through faster drying. The tourmaline technology protects the hair cuticles from overheating thus eliminating the possibility of brittle hair.
Hair tends to be fragile when wet, thus to prevent breakage, Remington dryer features micro-conditioners infused in a grill that offers up to three times protection. The grill releases the conditioner to the hair preventing further damage while maximizing the shine. Operating at 120 volts, this dryer emits 1875 motor watts that dry the hair, whether thin or thick within a very short time. This feature coupled with three and two heat and speed settings respectively enables you to adjust the settings to dry and style your hair. The cool shot features further locks in your style to ensure a more extended service. Also, featuring a diffuser, this hair dryer enables you to attain the desired volume for your hair type. The dryer has a removable filter which guarantees maximum efficiency by trapping any debris. Moreover, this filter is easy to clean to ensure an optimally performing dryer.
The best wireless hair dryer: if you want minimal disturbance with the chord as you attend to your hair, then the Rusk wireless dryer is all that you need. This professional ceramic dryer features 2000watt heating efficiency that allows for faster hair drying. The dryer embraces the ceramic and tourmaline technologies in its make. Thus, using the gentle infrared heat, this dryer offers a safe and even hair results attainable in a premium salon standard. The dryer features seven temperature and air settings that allow you to achieve your drying and styling needs under the high and low settings respectively. It is lightweight with about one pound hence thus no strain on your arm while using it.
FAQS About The Best Hair Dryers 2018
- Which setting is ideal when I turn my hair dryer on?
The initial heat setting on your hair dryer is dependent on your hair type. If you have thick coarse hair, then starting at a high setting is ideal to enable you dry your hair within the shortest time possible. On the contrary, if your hair is thin, start at a low heat setting to prevent heat damage. Once your hair is dry, set the dryer at a low heat setting for styling and activate the cooling shot feature for a long-lasting style.
- How long should I hold my hair dryer on one specific point to completely dry it?
One major mistake individuals make when drying their hair is directing the dryer at one specific point until it completely dries. This is inappropriate and can damage your hair. To efficiently dry your hair, move the dryer in a downward direction from the roots to the tips. Also, consider moving the dyer evenly throughout your hair for full head coverage.
- How do I tell it is time to replace my hair dryer?
Over time, you may realize that even with the best maintenance practices, your hair dryer is still underperforming. This is an indicator that you need to replace it. Other indicators you should check out for include:
Blocked filters: filters tend to accumulate debris and require regular cleaning to ensure a properly functional hair dryer. If your filter blocks, you are likely to have an overheated dryer, posing potential damage to your hair. In such a case, therefore, consider a replacement.
Weird noises from your hair dryer: any other type of noise outside the norm is an indication of a blocked airflow. This is a severe problem and can cause a fire if ignored. Thus, in such a case, purchasing a new dryer is the way to go.
- Is it possible to dry my hair on my own and how should I go about it?
Yes, this is very possible. As a beginner, proceed as follows:
Shampoo and condition your hair.
Once you are done cleaning your hair, dry it with a towel until it is damp.
Using a wide spaced comb or brush, style it to match your desired result.
Dry your hair with a hairdryer from the roots to the tip until it completely dries.
Adjust the heat settings to the low limits and style your hair.
Finally, use the cooling shot feature on your hair dryer to maintain your style for a more extended period.
In conclusion, the selection of the best hair dryer is variable depending on the type of hair as well as user needs. Thus, what is perfect for thick hair may be the complete opposite of thin hair. To arrive at the best decision, therefore, you need to understand your hair type and condition. Where you are not sure, visit your hairdresser for guidance rather than settling for the wrong dryer. Finally, go through this guide and enjoy the best features of your new hair dryer.