Vacuum cleaning has been with us for a couple of decades now. The convenience of these cleaners was kicked a notch higher with the introduction of the handheld vacuum cleaners. These small gadgets work magic to clean up our spaces. Having the best handheld vacuum cleaner will go a long way to ensure your house stays neat. Cleaning off dust and other micro-particles in squeezed places might prove to be a daunting task if you do not have a handheld vacuum cleaner. The cleaners work with the help of a suction system, a brush and in some cases a crevice tool.
Handheld vacuum cleaners come in different shapes, sizes and operation technologies. You would be lost for choice if you went looking for one today. Obviously, you will want the best handheld vacuum cleaner, among the many varieties. However, finding it might not be very straightforward. You do not have to worry though. We compiled a review of several handheld vacuum cleaner on the market that we believe is superior. A good handheld vacuum cleaner should be able to clean off all types of dust particles quickly and without stalling. The review will indicate whether the listed vacuum clean can deliver on these requirements. First, below is a comparison table of the various handheld vacuum cleaners we are going to review.
- 1 Best Handheld Vacuum Cleaners 2018
- 2 1) Bissell Best Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
- 3 2) Black Decker BDH2000PL Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
- 4 3) Dyson V6 Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
- 5 4) Dirt Devil Scorpion Vacuum Cleaner
- 6 5) Eureka Easy Clean Vacuum Cleaner
- 7 6) Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
- 8 7) Black Decker HHV1315J042 Vacuum Cleaner
- 9 Best Handheld Vacuum Cleaners 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
- 10 Conclusion
Best Handheld Vacuum Cleaners 2018
|Bissell Hand Vacuum Cleaner||Check Price||cordless||Crevice tool|
|Black Decker BDH2000PL Vacuum Cleaner||Check Price||cordless||Pivoting nozzle||Bagged|
|Dyson V6 Handheld Vacuum Cleaner||Check Price||cordless||Motorized motor||Bagged|
|Dirt Devil Scorpion Vacuum Cleaner||Check Price||16 FT||Crevice tool||Bagless|
|Eureka Easy Clean Vacuum Cleaner||Check Price||20FT||Motorized brush||Bagged|
|Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum Cleaner||Check Price||16’’||Two nozzles||Bagless|
|Black Decker HHV1315J042Vacuum Cleaner||Check Price||Cordless||Crevice tool|
For a handheld Vacuum cleaner to have the deliverables mentioned above, it has to have a high-performance motor, a great nozzle design, and a stable power system. The Bissel hand vacuum cleaner does not fall short in any of these aspects. The cleaner uses a lithium-ion battery. The 22v battery delivers 14 minutes of fade-free power. The strong inbuilt battery also means that the cleaner is cordless. This gives you freedom of movement while cleaning. This level of convenience is very desirable while cleaning up your space.
- The cleaner has a built-in extension hose
- It has a motorized brush roll
- It has a dust cup capacity of 0.4 liters
- It has a lithium-ion battery
- It is equipped with a crevice tool
- The vacuum cleaner has a high-performance suction technology.
- The cordless design makes it very convenient
- The crevice tool enables it to reach hard to clean spaces
- The lithium-ion battery is strong; it ensures no downtime while you are cleaning
- The motorized brush roll is very effective in scooping dirt particles off surfaces
- It’s very lightweight
- The battery tends to wear off after use for a while. Battery replacements can be costly
- The dirt cup capacity is rather small
The Bissell hand vacuum cleaner delivers the basic performance required from a vacuum cleaner. It is cordless and very lightweight. The two features are very desirable as they make it extra-convenient. The dirt cup capacity is small though.You might have to empty it even before you are finished cleaning. Overall, the cleaner delivers a moderate performance and has a high level of convenience. This vacuum cleaner could be the best cordless handheld vacuum 2018.
This black decker vacuum cleaner comes in a very compact design. The design works well with its powerful motor. The motor delivers fade-free suction power. The vacuum cleaner has a wide nozzle mouth which allows large debris to be sucked into the cleaner. The nozzle can also be pivoted to fit into squeezed spaces. The cleaner has a three-stage filtering system and a lithium-ion battery.
- The vacuum cleaner has a lithium-ion battery
- It is equipped with a three-stage filtration system
- It has a pivoting wide-mouthed nozzle
- It is equipped with a high-performance motor
- The cleaner works with cyclonic action
- The dirt bowl is washable
- The pivoted nozzle helps wash hard to reach spaces
- The high-performance motor delivers high and fades free suction power
- The cleaner can suck in large debris
- It has a filtration system that prevents its inner components from damage by large debris
- The washable dirt bowl makes it convenient
- Sand particles tend to get stuck in the joints of the pivoting nozzle which hinder its performance and may eventually damage the vacuum cleaner.
- The cleaner has a short battery life
The Black Decker handheld vacuum cleaner is made for power. It does deliver the power, but at the expense of the battery life. The pivoting nozzle is revolutionary though. It fits in squeezed, hard to clean spaces and sucks the dirt out. The vacuum cleaner is made to suck in large particles and has a filtration system to ensure those particles don’t damage its inner components. Stuck particles in its joints are inevitable though. The cleaner has a strong performance and a high convenience but would probably not last the longest. The black decker is arguably one of the best cordless handheld vacuum cleaners.
Dyson is a popular brand in home solutions. The Dyson V6 handheld vacuum cleaner is yet another powerful cleaner. It comes will a very powerful v6 motor that delivers impressive suction power. It has a cyclonic action that helps suck in even the tiniest of dust particles and allergens. The cleaner is equipped with the certified HEPA filter that filters over 99% of dust particles. This ensures the cleaner’s motor stays running. The filter removes particles as small as 0.3 microns.
- The cleaner has a powerful V6 motor
- It is equipped with a HEPA filter
- It has a motorized brush
- It has cyclonic action
- The cleaner’s motor is very powerful
- The cleaner has a very effective filter
- The motorized brush agitates mattress or couch fibers to release dirt particles
- Its nozzle is designed to fit well in squeezed and hard to clean spaces
- The batteries of the cleaner need screwing in case you need to change them. The battery changes are also expensive
The Dyson V6 handheld vacuum cleaner is a powerful cleaner. It has great levels of convenience too. These attractive features will most probably come at a hefty price. The cleaner has a compact and convenient design. It fits well in squeezed spaces and has enough power to pull out even the most stubborn dirt particles. The Dyson V6 is a top of range vacuum cleaner.
The Dirt Devil Scorpion vacuum cleaner comes in a lightweight and bagless design. It has a 16-foot power cord that allows you a long reach. It is equipped with an integrated crevice that cleaning tight spaces. The cleaner has a 7A motor and a 2.5 ft hose. It comes with numerous accessories to ease your vacuuming process.
- The vacuum cleaner weighs 4 pounds
- It has a 16ft power cord
- The cleaner is equipped with a quick flip crevice
- It has a 7A motor
- It comes with a 3-year warranty
- The vacuum cleaner assures you of long service with its long warranty period
- The motor delivers strong suction power
- The integrated quick flip crevice helps clean, tight spaces
- The cleaner is lightweight
- The power cord though long, inhibits your reach. The vacuum cleaner might not be the best if you have a big house.
The Dirt devil scorpion vacuum cleaner is a moderate performance vacuum cleaner. It delivers acceptable power and convenience levels. Its crevice device is very well designed though. It fits in very tight spaces. The cord is long enough to allow you a good reach. Overall, the dirt devil scorpion handheld vacuum cleaner is a moderate performance cleaner. It is possibly the best small handheld vacuum cleaner.
The Eureka Easy Clean handheld vacuum cleaner has most of the signature features we have seen in other vacuum cleaners. It is lightweight and portable. It comes with a 20 ft cord. The cord allows a good reach while cleaning. It comes equipped with two motors; one for suction and the other one for the brush. It is the best handheld vacuum cleaner for a car. It can be used in a garage too. It works well in above-floor cleaning.
- The vacuum cleaner weighs 5 pounds
- It has an easy to empty filter
- It comes equipped with a 20 ft power cord
- It has two motors
- It has a crevice tool
- It comes with a 1-year warranty
- The vacuum cleaner is lightweight hence easily portable
- It has an effective and easy to clean filter
- It comes with two motors hence more power
- The cord is long enough to allow you a considerable reach
- The crevice tool allows you to clean squeezed places easily
- The cleaner does not suck in hair fibers; they instead wrap themselves around the brush and makes it jam.
The Eureka handheld vacuum cleaner is great levels of convenience and above average power. The power is enhanced by the two motors. The cleaner has a long enough cord and a well-designed crevice tool. It has an easy clean filter, and it is lightweight. Among corded vacuum cleaner, the Eureka vacuum cleaner seems superior. Overall, its deliverables are acceptable. This cleaner is the best wet dry handheld vacuum cleaner.
This Bissell handheld vacuum cleaner has a 16’ power cord. It has the cyclonic action and a special rubber nozzle that attracts pet hair. It effectively pulls out dirt from raised surfaces and upholstery. It is the best handheld vacuum cleaner for stairs. It is equipped with a 4 Amps motor and two specially designed nozzles. The vacuum cleaner weighs 5 pounds. The cleaner is the best for surface cleaning and has a multi-layer filtration system.
- The vacuum cleaner has a 4amps motor
- It is equipped with a multi-layer filtration system
- It has specially designed nozzles
- The cleaner has a bagless design
- It is equipped with a 16’ power cord
- The cleaner has a conveniently placed easy grip handle
- The long power cord allows a good reach
- It comes with two nozzles to allows it to fit in a variety of spaces
- The vacuum cleaner is lightweight
- The cyclonic action ensures all dust particles are sucked in
- The rubber nozzle is effective in removing pet hairs from your carpets or couches.
- The vacuum cleaner works best in removing pet hairs but falls short with other dirt particles.
The Bissell Pet hair handheld vacuum cleaner is specifically designed to handle pet hairs. It has above average power and convenience levels. The rubber design is best for sucking pet hairs but does not effectively remove other types of dirt. It is a great option if you have a problem with pet hairs lying around your living room. The other vacuum cleaners might not work a well with pet hairs. This is the best handheld vacuum cleaner for pet hair on this list.
Finally, we review yet another vacuum cleaner from the Black Decker brand. This Black Decker handheld vacuum cleaner has a strong suction capacity and an extended runtime. It has a strong lithium-ion battery that makes it conveniently portable. The vacuum cleaner is lightweight and wide mount design. Its motor delivers strong suction power and a cyclonic action that ensures even the most stubborn dirt particles are not left behind.
- The vacuum cleaner has a lithium-ion battery
- It is equipped with a strong motor
- It comes with a wide mount design
- It has cyclonic action
- The cleaner has a large dirt bowl capacity
- It has a power rating of 10.8 watts
- The cleaner has a crevice tool and a brush.
- The lithium battery is strong enough to support
- The cyclonic action ensures no dirt is left behind
- The crevice tool and brush work well to remove dirt in squeezed spaces
- The vacuum cleaner is lightweight and portable hence convenient
- The large capacity dirt bowl adds to its convenience too
- The vacuum cleaner suffers a short battery life.
The Black Decker HHV1315J042 delivers a strong performance and great convenience. The power comes at the expense of the battery life though. The cleaner has numerous exciting features that make it fun to use. The crevice tool, cyclonic action, wide mount design and brush are all features that ensure no dust particles are left behind. It is lightweight and has dirt bowl with a large capacity. This vacuum cleaner should feature high on your list of options if you are planning to get one soon.
Best Handheld Vacuum Cleaners 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
Having review various handheld vacuum cleaners. You are now better informed about the features that make up a good handheld vacuum cleaner. However, the review is inconclusive about which one is the best. This is because each of these cleaners is suited for a specific situation. As such, there are some factors to be considered to deduce which one is the best for you. This is achieved by comparing the respective features of the cleaners and the factors. The factors include;
The power of a handheld vacuum cleaner is crucial as it determines how effectively the cleaner can remove dirt. A strongly powered heater will effectively suck in even the most stubborn dirt particles. The power of a vacuum cleaner is determined by its motor rating. Be sure to check the motor rating of the cleaner before purchasing it. You do not want to purchase a cleaner that does not have enough power to remove dust particles from surfaces.
- Dirt Bowl Capacity
The dirt bowl capacity is an important feature of a handheld vacuum cleaner. This bowl is where the dirt particles are stored when sucked from various surfaces. A small dirt bowl capacity means you have to keep emptying the bowl now and then while you are cleaning up your house. That is not very convenient. You need a bowl capacity that allows you to clean your whole space than empty the bowl once you are done.
- Bagged or Bagless
The handheld vacuum cleaners come in either a bagged or Bagless design. A bagless design means you do not have to purchase a bag. However, you will require replacing of wash filters frequently. Some filter replacements are expensive too. The dust from bowls while emptying them harmful while breathed in, especially for people who have asthma.
- Noise Level
Naturally, the handheld vacuum cleaners make noise while in operation. However, the noise should not exceed a particular level. Too much noise is obviously annoying. A less noisy cleaner is desirable. If your cleaner is making more noise than normal, it could be a sign that it is faulty. Be sure to get a test run before you buy a particular cleaner to ensure the noise level is not too much for you.
Vacuum cleaner work with the help of a suction motor. However, the motor is not enough to ensure effective cleaning. The vacuum cleaners come with some accessories to help to ensure the gadget can fully clean your space. The more accessories your cleaner has, the more effective it is likely to be. The accessories include crevice tools and brushes.
- Corded or Cordless
The handheld vacuum cleaners come with a power cord or without. The ones without a power cord have a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. A corded vacuum cleaner is restricted regarding the distance of reach you have. On the other hand, cordless vacuum cleaner requires recharging and at times battery changes which can be costly. Cordless vacuum cleaners are always desirable though. You should ensure that the battery of the vacuum cleaner you purchase lasts long enough though. Some vacuum cleaners have very short battery life and will stall while you are in the middle of a cleaning process.
These vacuum cleaners differ widely regarding their prices. The different features of the vacuum cleaners are responsible for the differing prices. However, other aspects such as market forces and brand popularity come into play in determining prices. You should carefully inspect the various vacuum cleaners at your disposal, to determine which one is the best at a particular price. Always make sure you get value for your money.
Having reviewed the features of different handheld vacuum cleaners on the market, and developed a buying guide, it should easy for you to arrive at a decision now. It is important to realize that the vacuum cleaners are made with different situations in mind. Therefore, your particular situation will determine which handheld vacuum cleaner is the best. The best handheld vacuum cleaner for you is not necessarily the best for the next person.
The review is pretty long. We reckon that it would be difficult for you to memorize every aspect of it. As such, below is a summary table with the various handheld vacuum cleaners and their respective features and prices. It would be a useful tool next time you go looking for a handheld vacuum cleaner. You can quickly skim through it and come up with an informed decision.
|Bissell Hand Vacuum Cleaner||Check Price|
|Black Decker BDH2000PL Vacuum Cleaner||Check Price|
|Dyson V6 Handheld Vacuum Cleaner||Check Price|
|Dirt Devil Scorpion Vacuum Cleaner||Check Price|
|Eureka Easy Clean Vacuum Cleaner||Check Price|
|Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum Cleaner||Check Price|
|Black Decker HHV1315J042Vacuum Cleaner||Check Price|
- Best Sump Pump 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Electric Wall Heaters 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Infrared Heaters 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Baseboard Heaters 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Air Purifiers 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Water Filter Pitcher 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Bladeless Fans 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Faucet Water Filters 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Shower Caddies 2018 – Buyer’s Guide