The winter can be a torrid time if adequate measures are not taken to counter Mother Nature’s cold mood. An extra layer of blankets and clothes can be helpful, but something that will provide adequate warmth throughout the house or room makes the winter home experience something to remember. Infrared heaters serve this purpose substantially if the right choice is made. Making the right choice may sound easy, but you will find it’s a different case when they skyrocket your electricity bills while providing a poor service. Getting the best infrared heater can prove to be a daunting task. This guide is dedicated to rewarding your efforts of doing homework before you splash your cash on something that would make your winter or those summer cold nights even worse.
Best Infrared Space Heater Reviews
1. Duraflame DFI-5010-01 Infrared Quartz
- 5,200 BTU heater provides supplemental zone heating for up to 1,000 square feet to help you save money
- Patent pending 3D flame effect technology features realistic flames that dance on and behind the logs, including five adjustable color, brightness, and speed settings
Let us start our journey by looking at one of the very best infrared heaters on the market in this age, the Duraflame Quartz Infrared Heater. This infrared unit defeats the winter’s cold at an area of 1000 square foot using its infrared quartz stove. A multitude of exciting and new features should make sure you don’t feel the pain of the price tag once you get it inside the home. Let us get the magnifying glass to behold if it has anything worthwhile in store for us.
In sharp contrast to most heaters which take a rather boring and old-fashioned shape, this heater comes in a metallic, bold and solid all-black design that won’t look awkward in your living room. The metal body is interrupted by side glass windows along with a beveled front door. The overall dimensions offer a combination of 13.1x24x23.4 regarding length, width, and height respectively. The weight boasts of a staggering 28.6 pounds thus making it both bigger and heavier than the Dr Infrared heater that we will consider shortly. Now let us take a forward leap and appreciate other specific details.
- Capacity: It has 1500 wattage and a 5200 BTU heater that can extend to as far as 1000 sq. Ft.
- It incorporates the 3D flame effect to give you a feel of the traditional fireplace touch while you are enjoying the benefits of a modern heater. Additionally, the flame effect is adjustable through 5 settings which allow you to change the look of the flame to fit the condition of the room.
- It has a patent-pending Safety plug which is, in essence, a measure to prevent fire. The plug has an inbuilt thermostat that keeps check of the temperature. Any dangerous temperature levels will automatically be detected leading to a plug switch off.
- It incorporates a feature known as zone heating which limits the heating effect to specific areas of the home.
- It has excellent heat coverage area extending to over 1000 sq. Ft.
- It incorporates the flame effect which gives it a touch of elegance and beauty.
- It is made of a durable metallic cabinet.
- It has a portable build which makes it easy to shift to where it is needed most.
- It has good heat insulating capacity making it touchable even at the maximum setting.
- It comes with remote control.
- Its price tag is on the higher end when compared with other heaters of the same class thus making it unattractive for some consumers.
The Duraflame DFI presents an excellent heating option that provides a lot of top-notch performance. A touch of elegance and great safety features add on to the excellent coverage area and heating efficiency.
2. Dr Infrared Space Heater
- Can heat up a large room with Auto Energy Saving Model With High and Low Feature. Tip-over protection and Overheat protection
- Dual Heating Systems featuring infrared quartz tube + PTC with 12hr automatic shut-off timer
The next outstanding gadget we will consider on our list is the Dr Infrared Heaters. An outstanding array of features make this heating machine hard to ignore if you are looking for excellence in every sense of the word. Every aspect of the design gives you the impression that the designers knew what they were doing and had an adept understanding of what matters in the dynamics of heat transfer and the needs of a typical modern home. Are you up on a mission to conquer the evils of the winter season? Let us walk through the details of this heater and see if it’s worth your coin.
The heater takes a form of an enlarged jukebox with a brown exterior and a black front which harbors a digitalized control center and an upper grill area that displays a partial view of the inside. Regarding dimensions, the heater comes with a combination of 13x 11x 16 inches of Length, width, and height respectively. The weight of the heater amounts to 23.5 pounds. Let’s get to the key features that make it stand out from the crowd.
- Wattage and heat capacity: Like most high-end heaters, the Dr Infrared heater needs 1500 watts to function. Regarding the amount of heat, it dissipates, it can deliver up to 255F at 3.2m/s which is quite on the high side by 60 percent when compared with a range of other heaters.
- Infrared element: It combines the quartz and PTC infrared element.
- It incorporates a dual heating system: It combines infrared heat and convection heat.
- It incorporates a noise blower for maximum efficiency: It is 7 inches regarding size and high pressure which helps in moving large volumes of air at a low speed with minimum noise.
- Supports auto power settings: Among the high 1500W and the 1000W manual settings, it also incorporates an Auto mode which enables you to choose the temperature you want from 50-60 F and then it adjusts between the two settings depending on the temperature of your room.
- It has a predicted lifetime of 80000 hours.
- It includes overheat and tip-over protection.
- It has a 12-hr. automatic shut off timer system.
- A noise level of about 39 decibels.
Some tests have proven the efficiency of the Dr Heater. One study compared the ability of the heater to dissipate heat with a regular heater. The heaters were put in chambers side by side, and upon the comparison, it was clear the heater had 60 percent more efficiency at a similar wattage of 1500 Watts.
- It has an efficient heating system that combines PTC and quartz infrared which fires it on top of most heaters around.
- Its technology makes sure the room air moisture is retained thus creating a comfortable, warm room with normal air temperature.
- Great efficiency regarding electricity consumption. It produces more heat from minimal electricity requirement thus helping you to save your money for more important things.
- Provides good safety measures through the auto switch off overheat protection.
- The price tag seems to be a bit on the high end when compared with similar appliances. It might not appeal to those on a budget.
- The wooden design might be a bit problematic in some color settings. That is for those who care a lot about colors.
The Dr Infrared heater offers a very efficient heating system that incorporates a lot of other great features to maximize your comfort. An array of enhancements furnish a strong argument in favor of its price tag.
3. Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy – Indoor-Safe Portable Radiant Heater
- 4,000- to 9,000-BTU radiant heater for spaces up to 225 square feet. Approved for indoor/outdoor use; clean-burning; nearly 100-percent efficient
- When operating the heater at altitudes over 7,000 FT above sea level the heater may shut off.
Let’s roll on with our adventure and discover yet another gem of a heater at your disposal. The name tells a lot about the charisma that went into designing this heater. It is considered North Americas heater due to its popularity in this region. Let’s proceed and see if it deserves the name Mr. Heater and the buzz that surrounds it.
The heater takes a portable form of a black and red body which is black on the sides and red across the front surface which holds a prominent high-temperature wire guard. On top, you will see a handle which can be folded down. On the back of the right side, you will discover a compartment for a propane tank which fuels the heating system. Beyond the wires, your will see the porcelain heating surface which dissipates the heat out of the heater. The dimensions and the weight reveal a Length x width x Height of 9 x 14.2 x 14.4 inches and 9.6 pounds respectively. Let’s look at the key features that earn this heater the rock-star status.
- It is a 4000 to 9000 BTU radiant heater with a range of 225 sq. Ft.
- It houses a four-position control combined with an inbuilt Piezo igniter with Low or high heat settings.
- It has a swivel regulator which provides for simplified LP cylinder and hose installation.
- It incorporates a tip over switch off along with a low oxygen switch off the system.
- It has a long-lasting radiant heating surface made of porcelain.
- It has ceramic burner tile equipped with shock absorbing insulation properties.
- It is portable and easy to carry using a down-foldable handle.
- It has great heating dissipating capacity.
- It has a durable build along with a durable radiant heating surface.
- The swivel regulator makes the cylinder installation process easier.
- Excellent safety mechanisms in place through the auto shut features and the high-temperature wire guard.
- You may need to buy the propane tank and the hose separately.
- Limited range when compared with other heaters.
Mr. Heater provides another infrared heater option that is worth your consideration. The portability makes it highly practical and can be used in almost any environment, unlike other heaters that are more suited for use in the home setting only. The rating furnishes the invaluable assurance from people based on the experience with the heater.
4. Homegear 1500 SqFt Infrared Electric Portable Space Heater Black +Remote Control
- Efficiently and quickly heats up a medium to large size room. Dual Heating System - combining Mica and Quartz Infrared Heating Tubes.
- LED display for easy monitoring. Quiet and efficient blower fan. Remote control included.
If you are in for portable and efficient infrared heaters, the Homegear infrared electric portable space heater should make it on your list. This is one of Home gears excellent home heating inventions that provides a lot of cool features in its arsenal. Thanks to the design and above average performance, it should be your reliable companion throughout the winter. Let us see if it is worth the purported price tag.
It is one of the better-designed heaters around that won’t destroy the looks of your carefully designed home. It comes in the form of a 12 x 13 x 17inch black and white box weighing 11.5 pounds. The sides are covered by a bold black material followed by a front face that holds a mesh metal screen that gives an illusion of a decent subwoofer. Let’s dig into the features.
- Wattage: It functions with a 1500W electricity supply just like most of the other heaters.
- It incorporates the automatic switch off features. These include the overheating, and the tip-over shut off systems.
- It has a dual heating system.
- It includes two modes of heating: The maximum and eco modes allow you to customize according to your heating preference.
- It also supports the fan mode feature that allows for use in the summer.
- It comes with a remote control as part of the package.
- It is highly portable allowing for easy movability.
- It is highly affordable. Quite a low price when compared with other infrared heaters with the same capabilities.
- It has a consistent thermal output for a heater of its size.
- It has excellent safety measures in the auto overheat and tip-off shut off systems.
- It includes the fan mode for use in the summer.
- Much as it can heat a medium sized room adequately, the coverage isn’t as impressive as other infrared heaters worth a few dollars more.
All in all, the home gear compact offers a great option for a portable modern heater design that is capable of heating a small to medium sized room adequately. Assuming you are not looking for more fancy features that other high-end heaters provide, this could be just the right choice for you.
5. LifeSmart Large Room 6 Element Infrared Heater
The world of portable and efficient heating unveils another bride in the LifeSmart6 element infrared heater. This product from Life Smart represents another great invention from the company that will provide the much-needed results for your penny. A good design coupled with an array of features to enhance your experience puts up a great fight in the competition with other portable heaters in your home. Let’s look at the highlights in a little more broadly.
The cool and smart design that adorns this heater will make it a good addition to your home asset collection. The heater comes in an all-grey color that is if am not color blind, with the usual box shape like other heaters. The front holds a digitalized control center that gives you clear visual feedback to give you the control you need. Above the control center is a grill outlet that adds to the visual effect of a beautiful glow to the design. Regarding dimensions, the heater gives a combination of 16x13x16.5 of length, width, and height respectively. The dimensions are accompanied by weight of 21 pounds thus making it heavier and bigger than the home gear compact and other heaters we’ve considered so far.
Key Features Of LifeSmart Best Infrared Heater
- Wattage and heat capacity: The heater uses 500 watts and is purported to heat small sized rooms to 68 degrees Celsius.
- It uses quartz as an infrared element.
- It incorporates a washable air filter.
- It includes an eco-setting as part of the three energy saving settings.
- It has a digital thermostat which allows for remote control.
- Includes dual timer settings that allow for auto turn-on or off between 12 hr. periods.
- Excellent heating efficiency. It is capable of making the most out of 500Welectricity.
- It includes the eco setting which is a rare feature when compared with other heaters.
- It sells at an affordable price.
- It incorporates EZ glide casters which make moving around the home a breeze.
- There seems to be no sign of auto tip-off or overheat shut-off system leaving its safety in this area want.
- The plug tends to overheat. An automatic shut off mechanism would be a great addition.
The LifeSmart infrared heater is worth consideration mainly because of its heating efficiency. It far outplays its 1500W competitors regarding heat dissipating capacity along with a great design and builds. An Amazon, good rating, testifies to the actual difference it is making in relieving homes of the chill that come with the winter season.
6. iLIVING Infrared Portable Space Heater with Dual Heating System
- Newly designed Dual Heat System that puts out twice more hot air than other models
- Newly engineered blower technology allows the iLIVING heater to work extremely quiet Noise level at 39 dB.
This heaters design and performance oozes of two important things, boldness and efficiency. A dual heating system, a combination of quartz plus PTC infrared elements and auto energy saving modes are among the nuggets that come with this product. Let’s have a closer look.
The heater comes wearing a wooden walnut body with a front design that resembles the Life smart infrared heater. In fact, it is more of a wooden LifeSmart infrared heater regarding the build, but it offers much more. The front surface holds a digital control center which is remotely operable. Dimension-wise, it combines 13x12x15 inches in length, width and height and ha a complementary weight of 12 pounds.
Key Features Of iLIVING Best Infrared Heater
- It incorporates a dual heating system that combines infrared quartz and PTC technology.
- It has a noise blower that limits the noise level at 39 decibels.
- It has an auto energy saving mode to maximize efficiency.
- It incorporates an electronic thermostat with a 50 to 86 degree range.
- Just like most infrared heaters, it has a 1500 wattage.
- It incorporates a filter that can be cleaned using a vacuum cleaner or warm water.
- It supports a prong outlet with a conventional 110v3.
- It has four caster wheels for easy mobility.
- It is an efficient heater that makes the most out of 1500 watts through the Dual heating system combining PTC and quartz infrared elements.
- Excellent safety measures through the available auto shut-off system and automatic timers.
- The caster wheels enhance its home mobility thus making it more practical.
- Excellent energy saving features that will help with preventing budget wrecking electricity bills.
- The price tag doesn’t make it available to everyone.
- The brown wooden design might be a bit dull for those who prefer bright colors.
The iLiving Infrared is a highly efficient heater that boasts of myriad reasons for a price tag. The actual performance doesn’t disappoint making you enjoy the joys of the winter season without hiding in blankets and extra layers of clothing. A good rating is a strong testimony to its ability to keep the promise.
7. Comfort Zone Ceiling Mount Quartz Heater
- RADIANT QUARTZ HEATER: The unit’s 2 quartz bulbs reflect heat onto nearby objects just like the sun, providing gentle and efficient warmth perfect for living spaces, workshops and garages.
- TARGETED WARMTH: The quartz heater can be easily angled up to 90 degrees, helping to direct its output precisely to the areas of your space where it’s needed most.
If you are not a fan of the traditional heater build and are looking for something portable and ceiling mountable, the comfort zone should make it on your shopping list. Simple as it may look, it might just be one thing that suits your personal preferences with a range of great features to display. Let’s spend a few moments of a look at what this gadget has in store for us.
The heater takes the typical shape of a powerful security bulb with an outer metallic all-black housing. The front has a wire guard which overlies two quartz rods. It also has a vertical tilt bracket and a cord with an 80-inch length. It also has a pull string aimed at controlling the settings relating to heat emission. Regarding dimensions, the heater takes up a 26.5 x 5.2 x 14.2 inches area weighing 7.8 pounds. Additionally, it houses a halogen light on the right side of the front surface. A three-prong grounded plug also comes in as part of the package.
- Infrared element: It uses a quartz infrared element through the two quartz rods.
- Heat Output: 5120 Btu/h
- Voltage: 120
- It has dual heat settings at 760 watts and 1500 watts.
- Wattage: It uses 1500 watts for heat dissipation.
- Being a ceiling mountable heater, it provides better aerial positioning that is great for uniform heat transfer.
- The dual heating capacity provides for an efficient heating system.
- The halogen bulb proves an additional advantage. It may act as a substitute bulb to light up the room.
- It has an affordable price tag.
- It lacks extra control features like automatic overheat shut-offs for safety in case things get hotter than usual.
- May not come in handy when it comes to moving around the house. Being a ceiling mount heater may make it too much of a fight when you want to move it to a different room.
All in all, while it may not make a provision for the extra fancy and digital features, the Comfort Zone Ceiling Mount Quartz Heater is a great option if you are looking for something that is affordable, adopts a simple design and yet still affords a good amount of heating to make your winter worthwhile.
8. Duraflame 5HM8000-O142 Portable Electric
- 5,200 BTU heater provides supplemental zone heating for up to 1,000 square feet
- Safe for kids and pets - stays cool to the touch
Twin-star international Inc. unveils this unique looking heater that does a lot more than just average. Your winter is about to get better with this heater that blends in with the rest of your wooden furniture while delivering great performance. Let’s see if it is worth an effort to fish out a few dollars from your pocket.
In principle, the heater consists of a wooden body which is interrupted by metallic surfaces in the front and the sides. These parts give it a combination of oak and black as the principal colors. Regarding dimensions, the heater combines 8 x 10.9 x 22.8 inches in length, width and height respectively plus the weight of 23.1 pounds. Let’s proceed to look at the specifications that set the infrared heater apart.
- Infrared element and wattage: It uses a Quartz element and uses 1500 watts of electricity for function.
- It incorporates a digital display thermostat.
- Can dissipate heat over some area of 1000 square feet.
- It includes a tip over safety switch.
- It incorporates a rare oscillating feature that enables the heater to keep a stationary position.
- It has a filter that gets rid of dust before the air enters the system.
- Highly efficient and reliable heating system with an impressive area range.
- It preserves the natural humidity of the air leading to a comfortable, warm room.
- The inclusion of the oscillating feature makes it one of the few heaters around to have this feature.
- It is made of a highly durable body with excellent insulating properties.
- It does not include an overheat auto shut to enhance the safety mechanism.
- The all wood design might not appeal to those who would prefer bright colors to blend in their home.
The Duraflame provides a durable and efficient heater that will certainly earn a lot of 4 stars from a wide range of people. The price tag also correlates very well with the overall performance. Certainly, one of the best-infrared heaters on the market today!!
9. EdenPURE A5095 Gen2 Pure Best Infrared Heater
No products found.
Resource partner’s enterprises came up with this gem of an electric heater that serves a rare flair and elegance that we struggle to see in most heaters at more or the same price. It has a lot of performance to display on the table and some cutting-edge extra features. Let’s see if it’s worth a treat of our attention.
As already pointed out, this is an elegant heater you can incorporate as part of your desk gadgets without a headache for space. It comes in a sleek looking black and oak body which also incorporates an all-black top and side surfaces. The front combines oak and black with an oak upper half and a black lower half. The upper part holds grill outlet that provides a visual of the inside glow. To get more objective the dimensions take a combination of 15.1×11.5×9.6, and the weight goes up to 15 pounds.
- Wattage: It has a wattage of 1500W
- Area/range: It can dissipate heat up to 1000 sq. Ft.
- Incorporates an electric thermostat to enhance the safety profile.
- It includes a quite mode along with the heat on/off functioning mechanism that sustains the fans capability to circulate air efficiently.
- It includes a remote control.
- It includes an upgrade kit that includes UV light and a Hepa filter for purification of air.
- It has an efficient heat dissipating system.
- It incorporates an elegant design and with durable material.
- It has an impressive range of 1000 square foot.
- It lacks a tip over switch to make its safety profile complete.
- The price tag makes it hard to get for people on a budget.
If you are in for a portable infrared heater that you can easily fit on your desk while it provides a top-quality heating service. This heater might just be right for you. The elegance conscious effort that went into it coupled with an above average performance serves the price tag very well leading to a nice stars performance on Amazon.
No products found.
10. LifeSmart Medium Room Best Infrared Heater
- Provides Infrared Warmth to a Medium Room
- 3 Heat Settings Including 500 Watt Eco Setting
This uniquely designed heater provides an excellent array of features to talk about. Thanks to LifeSmart for adding another valuable gadget on the technological landscape. Both design features and performance, compete with other infrared heaters substantially.
Unlike most heaters which tend to retain some outdated design features, this heater takes a more modern look that incorporates a solid metallic build with a digitalized control center. The control center also has some analog buttons that allow you to manage the settings of the heater easily. Regarding dimensions, the product has a 12.5×7.5×13.5 inches combination and 11.5 pounds as the item weight.
- Wattage: It uses up to 1500 watts.
- Infrared element: Quartz
- Area range: It can extend up to 1000 sq. Ft.
- It has the Eco Setting with the capability to heat small areas up to 68 degrees by utilizing 500 watts.
- It has a digitally controlled thermostat which can be set using a remote control.
- It includes the dual timer setting to enable a 12-hour reset option.
- Exceptional heating efficiency and range.
- The three energy settings make it highly customizable and allow you to save energy in the long run.
- It has a durable and strong case for enhanced protection.
- The small size and weight make it easier to be carried to where-ever it’s needed in the home.
- It does not possess a tip over auto shut option.
- The lack of a noise blower makes it a bit noisy.
The Life smart medium heater proves to be an ideal heater for medium sized rooms. Its elegant design coupled with great performance makes it a worthwhile investment in the winter. It seems to guarantee you the peace of mind to mind other important business other than the winter cold.
11. Holmes Quartz Tower Heater
- Stay warm and safe with this quartz Tower heater
- Heater transmits heat continuously
Let’s wrap it up by looking at one of the best looking and efficient heating systems on the market today. The efficiency combined with a good measure of safety features should grasp every tech enthusiast’s attention. Let us look at why it deserves a place on this list of elite infrared heaters.
Most heaters with exposed glowing tubes look a bit too basic and unexciting to add to your home collection of gadgets. The Holmes manufacturers took an extra mile to mind the looks as well as the feature set and performance. The heater comes in an all-white sleek design that takes more of a tower body rather than the common box-shaped designs around. The case does not take a regular shape but rather angles rearwards to direct the heat in an upward and outward direction to enhance heat coverage. The front is covered by a grill that protects the underlying quartz tubes. The heater is 23 by 12 by 9 inches big and weighs about 7.38 pounds this making it easy to shift around the house with a single hand.
- Infrared element: It utilizes two quartz tubes for heat energy emission.
- It has dual heat settings: one at 750w and a maximum of 1500W
- It incorporates tip over protection to enhance the safety profile.
- It has an electric thermostat that can be controlled using simple and basic controls on top of the heater.
- It has a patented Maximum Flow fan system which helps the heater to radiate warmth quickly with no draft, which is also supported by the backward angulation.
- It has an efficient heating system that warms a room fast.
- The Dual settings and easily adjustable thermostat make it highly adjustable to personal preferences.
- It incorporates great safety measures in overheat auto switch off and tips over protection.
- It is portable and holds a reasonable price.
- The angulation enhances its effectiveness regarding room coverage.
- It does not have the heat dissipating capacity and range that other heaters within the same price range have.
- The front grill does not offer maximum protection as it can get hot and cause injury to contact especially with kids and pets.
All in all, the Holmes Tower Heater provides an excellent portable option for those looking for a portable heater with more than average efficiency. It provides just enough performance that lives up to the price tag.
Having considered the best of the best in the world of heaters, it should suffice to say that there is a wide range of exciting options on the market today. The same principles that govern the decision to buy any gadgets still apply to the infrared-heaters. It all boils down to defining what you need and relating that to your budget. This review provides all the options for both those who are on a budget, those who have a little more financial muscle and those who can afford almost anything that comes around. We hope our information serves you well in the decision-making process.
Choosing the Best Infrared Space Heater – Buyer’s Guide
Buying a good infrared heater is not a simple matter of getting out there and simply pick one of those machines that resemble anything that can produce enough heat to relieve the evils of the winter. Having a top ten list of good infrared heaters will help you, but it won’t help you all the way. You need a few guidelines that will serve as a light to let you see and pick the best heater for your individual needs. We have made it a purpose in our hearts of rewarding your thirst for an informed decision by coming up with this guide that is specially dedicated to providing you with just what you need to get an infrared heater you need. We are here to help you focus on the positives of the winter or the cold nights rather than the uncomfortable chills. Take your pen and notepad and let’s explore the universe of heaters in light of what you need to know to make that good decision.
What Kind Of Heating Do You want To Have?
Firstly, you need to know that there exist two main types of heaters based on the heating methods they employ. There are room heaters and radiant heaters. The former is used to heater a wider area at once, for instance, an entire room whereas the latter is more selective as it directs its heat energy to objects and people. To get into a little more detail, infrared room heaters have their heat produced by a heating element which is commonly quartz. The heat produced by the quartz then gets transferred to another material which is called a heat exchanger. Commonly used exchangers are copper and ceramic. The heat from the exchangers is then used to heat the surrounding air in the cabinet of the heater which then gets blown into the room by a fan. Let’s spend a bit of time to consider the strengths and weaknesses of the two types of heaters.
The Radiant Infrared Heater:
1) Radiant infrared heaters provide an almost instantaneous heat to the target object or person. In other words, you don’t need any patience to sustain you through a particular waiting period as the element is capable of reaching the highest temperature possible in a short period.
2) The second advantage is that radiant heaters can be efficient if all you care about is heating a specific person or objects. Since they do not heat the surrounding air, you are sure that no heat is being wasted trying to heat the air around. This property makes radiant heaters the best choice when you need a good heater for outdoor use.
3) Regarding shortfalls, it is apparent to see that this heater is biased towards a situation where you are staying in one place for a long time. Since it does not heat the entire room, it wouldn’t be ideal in a case where you are on the move frequently thus making the room heater more appropriate.
The Infrared Room Heaters:
1) A distinct advantage of room heaters is that their capability to heat rooms entirely makes them more practical in an indoor setting when compared with radiant heaters.
2) Regarding safety, the room heaters have the upper hand as they are mostly designed in such a way that the heating elements are enclosed in a cabinet.
3) Regarding shortfalls, infrared heaters take more time to provide enough heat for the room because of the reason that it’s not so easy to heat an entire room’s air.The heat has to be circulated before you start perceiving the effects.
Consider The Source Of Energy
The power source of your heater is another factor that should be considered with great caution otherwise you may risk buying a heater that you will later throw in the bin or donate to charity because it does not fit into your needs. Most people who purchase heaters do so to keep their homes warm. In a home situation, the best heater to consider is the electric heater because of the cost-effectiveness and the availability of sockets that make it convenient to use in any room. However, in cases where you only need a heater for outdoor use, it is prudent to use heaters which use other sources of energy including propane, kerosene or natural gas.
The bottom line relating to this is that it is prudent to define how you will be using the heater then choose an appropriate source of energy that fits in.
Quality is king when it comes to electric gadget selection. You just cannot ignore the quality factor unless you are willing to buy a mediocre heater that pumps nothing in your home but sloppy heating and impossible electric bills. The fact is that just like most products, heater manufacturing business is business and it has the genuine and the fake. In other words, there are some heaters which are manufactured with quality in mind, and there are some heaters which are produced with money in mind. It is all up to the consumer to spot the difference and make the appropriate decision.
One crucial factor that you may take into consideration is the life expectancy of the heater. The type of heat element usually determines how long a particular heater is likely to last, when it comes to quartz tubes, the typical life expectancy is 20 thousand to 60 thousand hours. You can use the probable life expectancy as a clue of the quality of the heater as better heaters usually have more hours. The heat output can also be used to support your quest for quality. Better heaters have more heat output while using the same amount of electricity when compared to others.
We recommend that it is always safe to stay away from heaters which do not have any brand at all or have a questionable reputation. Hold on to the most reputable brands like the ones we have presented in our top 11list guide, and you will save yourself from a headache that comes with regrets of buying defective gadgets. Just choose the best and keep that hard-earned cash!
The amount of heat a particular heater produces depends on the amount of electricity that it consumes on watts. More watts imply greater amounts of heat produced. Infrared heaters range from 750 to 1500 watts regarding usage, sometimes as low as 300. Radiant heaters usually occupy the lower end whereas room heaters occupy the higher end.
What you need to know is that heaters which produce more energy and requires more watts. More watts mean a hike regarding your electricity bills. There are measures in place to enhance the efficiency of the infrared heaters such as on and off cycles, but the fact remains a 1500-watt heater is a 1500-watt heater. Bearing this in mind, it does a lot of good to do some math first and see if a particular wattage fits into your monthly budget.
There is an astonishing variety when it comes to infrared heater special features. Some infrared heaters give no more than basic features of the heater while as some go the extra mile to incorporate additional features which give them a lot more advantages over others. For instance, most infrared heaters use quartz tubes for heat radiation, but there are others which have a combination of quartz tubes and PTC elements giving them an extra edge over their competitors. Other heaters include the noise blower feature which reduces the amount of noise produced while as others don’t incorporate this feature into the system. Most standard heaters feature air purifiers in the system while as others take the game further to include humidifiers and oscillation fans in the design.
Additional features which might be relevant are adjustable thermostats, automatic timers, tip over and shutoff switches, wheels and remote controls.
The key is to see if these features are worthwhile according to your personal preferences and then choose the heater that provides the most suitable combination. There is no point in buying an expensive heater with a myriad of fancy features that you won’t even care about when you get it inside the home, get what is best for you.
Consider The Price
Just like other electric gadgets, the heating world has a lot of brands which offer different types of heaters which of course translate to different prices. The pricing occurs in different categories ranging from the lower level, mid-level, and the high level. Most small-sized infrared heaters fall in the lower end of the spectrum and can get as low as under 40 dollars. On the other hand, high-level heaters can get to giant figures reaching 300-dollar stellar heights. Again, it comes down to defining how much you are willing to sacrifice with a clear outlook of what your needs are. If you have the muscle, you have the liberty to get the best and most advanced heating systems but just make sure that it’s something that will make any of those valuable pennies count. If you are on a budget, do not despair as there are a lot of affordable options that may give you just what you need or even more.
Just bear in mind that being expensive doesn’t always translate to the best quality. There are a lot of models out there which promise a lot on a fat price tag, but once you evaluate the performance, you find out they are nothing more than their cheaper competitors, regarding performance.
Customer Reviews Matter A Lot, Do A Little Homework Before You Buy
The old saying that states that ‘experience is the best teacher’ holds a perpetual truth on this matter. If you limit yourself to design and features and base your decision solely on these aspects, you may be missing out on the opportunity to enrich your decision from real life experiences. Get to the review websites and see how the product has fared in serving the people it is intended to serve. You will find a mixture of feedback from two types of people. There is usually the happy customer who has had a really good experience with the product so much so that he wants others to go through the same experience and then there is the disappointed customer who is up to expose the negative aspects of the product based on his experience. The key is in making use of your judgment. Don’t just take anything for truth but rather read between the lines and assess the logic in the statements.
Overall, a product which is showing nothing but a lot of valid complaints which far outweigh the praises deserves your cold shoulder. On the other hand, a product which offers a lot of positive reviews which agree with the promised performance and qualities should deserve a lot more attention and consideration.
Consider Warranty Issues
Warranties may seem a small matter when buying stuff but not when you realize your highly esteemed product can’t last a month without any failures. Warranties give you a reflection of the manufacturers’ commitment to providing high-quality products. Infrared heater manufacturers offer a range of warranties which fall within the range of 1 year to 2 years. It’s always best to avoid products which show no signs of any warranty or less than a year. Keep yourself safe, those long hours of work shouldn’t be wasted on a defective piece of machinery.
These are the important points you need to consider before plunging into any decision to buy a heater. These nuggets along with the list of the 11 best heaters we have provided should serve you well in informing your decision for the best possible experience. Thank you for being with us!
Infrared Space Heater FAQs
HOW exactly do infrared heaters function?
In principle, infrared heaters function by emitting invisible rays of energy that heat up objects in a direct way. These rays of energy are part of the electromagnetic spectrum, and they are located below the red, visible end of the electromagnetic spectrum.
What are the advantages of using infrared heaters?
Infrared heaters offer a lot more when compared to traditional heaters. They provide an environmentally friendly energy option, cost less, and are more efficient than traditional heaters.
How can infrared heaters help one save money?
They help to save money in the following ways:
- They can heat desired locations thus saving heat energy that may have been wasted on heating locations you are not aiming to heat.
- They can generate heat instantly.
- Their durable design means low costs of maintenance.