Sewing machines have been with us since we can’t remember when. They are amazing machines that help sew many of the amazing clothing designs we put on. If you are a clothing designer or you love sewing, a good sewing machine is a necessity. Modern sewing machines are advanced, and technology has been incorporated into their development to make them more efficient.
Getting the best sewing machine out of the many options available might not be so easy. Worry not! Below is a review that gets into the nitty-gritty of what a good sewing machine entails. This review will help you evaluate the machines, the level of technology used, and their efficiency. It will ensure that you can make an informed decision next time you are shopping for a sewing machine.
Best Sewing Machines 2018
|Name||Extension Table||Stiches||Auto-needle threader||Price|
|Brother CS6000i Feature||No||60||Yes||Check Price|
|Juki HZL-F600 Computerized||No||1||Yes||Check Price|
|SINGER | 7258||No||100||No||Check Price|
|Brother Project Runway||Yes||70||Yes||Check Price|
|SINGER | Quantum Stylist 9960||Yes||600||Yes||Check Price|
|Janome 2212 Sewing Machine||No||12||No||Check Price|
|Janome 8077 Computerized||Yes||30||Yes||Check Price|
|Brother HC1850 Computerized||Yes||80||Yes||Check Price|
|Brother SE400 Combination Computerized||Yes||70||Yes||Check Price|
|JUKI TL-2000Qi||Yes||1||Yes||Check Price|
|Brother Project Runway PC420PRW 294-Stitch||Yes||80||Yes||Check Price|
The Brother CS6000i is an advanced sewing machine, whose development is anchored on convenience. The machine is made to be user-friendly. It is easy to use, has ample safety features, and it’s potable. It comes with a large table to allow you enough space to work on. If you enjoy experimenting with various designs and techniques of sewing, this is the sewing machine for you. Its portability allows it to be a perfect fit for students too.
- The machine comes with 60 inbuilt stitches.
- It comes with an LCD-display.
- It has a start and stops button.
- It features with adjustable sewing speed.
- It has automatic needle threader capabilities.
- It allows easy selection of stitches; information is displayed on the LCD.
- The speed is adjustable easily without using your feet.
- It is easy to start and stop.
- The table is large enough to handle large projects.
- The machine is portable, hence convenient.
- It lights the work area super bright making it easy to sew.
- The machine sits on a plastic chassis; plastic might not be very long lasting especially under intense use.
The Brother CS6000i is a powerful machine with a wide range of stitches to choose from. The developers of the machine seem to have paid a lot of attention to making it convenient and easy to use. It is a fantastic sewing machine, given its many components that are simply meant to do all the donkey work for you. You will have more time to engage your creative side more make spectacular designs. The plastic chassis is a bit of a concern though. A good machine should be able to last long. Its convenience and user-friendliness warrant its appearance on this review.
The Juki HZL is computerized meaning its convenience and ease of use, are taken to a whole new level. It comes with a well-designed user interface, which allows you to juggle between different sewing modes with ease. It comes with a vast variety of stitches in both utility and decorative functions. The sewer is lightweight making it portable. It comes with a large enough table to allow you enough space to handle even bigger projects.
- It features box-feed technology.
- It comes with an extended sewing table.
- It has free-motion sewing capabilities.
- The large sewing table makes it easy to handle big projects.
- It is computerized hence most functions are automated.
- It has an LCD-display which allows easy interfacing.
- It has a wide variety of stitches for both utility and decorative functions.
- It is lightweight hence portable.
- This machine needs a lot of settings before you begin sewing. It is computerized hence one needs some knowledge of how to set it up. It might not be a perfect fit for a beginner.
The Juki HZL is meant to be automated in almost every aspect. This sends it convenience shooting through the roof. It is a powerful machine with a lot of options for stitches. If you love experimenting and coming up with new clothing designs, you will find this machine short of nothing. You have to be trained on how to use it first before you could start. That’s not a downside though, is it?
The singer 7258 is yet another sewing machine designed to ensure convenience and versatility. The machine comes with 100 utility stitches 76 of them being decorative stitches. Your cloth designs do not have to be dull at any point with the singer 7258. This machine is computerized, and therefore most of the functions are automated. You do not have to do worry about annoying tasks like putting the thread in the needle. You get on it and get straight to work. Allow your imagination and creativity to thrive with the singer 7258.
- It comes with 100 stitches.
- 76 of the stitches are decorative.
- It has an automatic needle threader.
- It has a high sewing speed.
- It features seven fully automated button switches.
- The automatic threader allows easy threading.
- It allows easy loading with its clear cover.
- It has a bright LED light the illuminates your workspace well.
- Has six buttonholes options, just one step involved in choosing.
- LCD-display which allows easy user-machine interface.
- Multiple stitch options.
- The computerized nature of the machine makes it difficult for a beginner to operate.
- It lacks power, can stall under intensive use
The Singer 7258 is an impressive machine when it comes to its convenience. It lacks power though. It has amazing decorative functions that allow it to feature in this review. Decorations are arguably the most important part of clothing design. The machine offers a wide variety of decorative functions making it easier to put decorations.
The Brother project runway is a computerized version of the Brother sewing machine series. This is a more powerful and convenient version. It comes fully automated with exciting interface functions. This machine will quickly make you a sewing enthusiast even if you are not one. It comes with ample table space to allow you to let your imagination run wild. The 70-stitch machine is strong and has a variety of decorative stitches to choose from.
- It comes with 70 options for stitches.
- It has an LCD-display.
- It comes with automatic threading.
- It has a large table with needle markings.
- It comes with seven buttonhole styles.
- It comes with a quick set bobbin.
- It allows easy bobbin winding.
- The automatic threader makes it convenient.
- It has a wide variety of stitches.
- It comes with an LED that lights the work area super bright.
- The needle markings make it easy to sew along straight lines.
- The machine sits on a plastic chassis. Plastic is not a very long-lasting material.
- It cannot be used in countries whose electricity connection does not support 120v AC.
The Brother series of sewing machines is a popular one. It owes this popularity to its power and wide variety. The project runway is an automated version of the earlier Brother sewing machine. It combines the power, variety, and convenience. You might need to read the user manual if you are a beginner so that you know how to operate it. These three aspects warrant its appearance in this list. There are a few concerns on its Amazon reviews about the plastic chassis, but it ultimately depends on how well you maintain and service the machine.
This is the second singer series sewing machine we are encountering on this list. It does not score any less than its sibling Singer 7258. This is a more advanced and powerful machine. The machine is fully automated. It features a whopping 600-stitches making your options inexhaustible. It is a high-speed sewing machine and comes with a variety of cool accessories that make your design work easier and effective. It comes with the electronic auto-pilot, which means the machine will literary do all the hard work for you.
- It comes with the automatic threading system.
- It features 600 stitches.
- It has the electronic auto-pilot feature.
- It comes with a large extension table.
- It has electronic twin needle settings.
- It features a heavy-duty metal frame.
- The Automatic threading systems make it convenient.
- The 600 stitches offer you an expansive variety.
- The auto-pilot feature means you don’t have to use any foot pedal.
- The large-extension table will give you room to handle big projects.
- The metal frame makes it durable.
- It has an easy to use user interface.
- It features an LCD-display which it makes easier for you to control.
- The machine weighs 20 pounds. This is a bit bulky; you might not be able to move with it often.
The Singer 9960 is a revolutionary sewing machine. This machine will let your imagination run wild. It comes with incredible convenience, wide variety, and impressive power. It could easily top the list of best sewing machines you could acquire in 2018. You will be required to go through the manual so that you understand how to operate it. There are a few complaints on Amazon about it not switching on. I bet this could be cases of not understanding its operation. This does not imply that it is difficult to use it. In fact, easy to used once you grasp it operation procedures.
The Janome 2212 is a rather moderate performance machine. It has 12 inbuilt stitches and I four-step buttonhole. The machine is simple and extremely lightweight making it portable. This machine could be the best sewing machine for beginners or training purposes. It is simple to use. This machine will probably cost less than the other we have reviewed. It is designed for simple sewing requirements. It a good machine to have in the house for sewing those annoying torn pieces.
- It comes with a dial pattern selection.
- It has 12 built-in stitches.
- It has width and length adjustment.
- It features one four-steps buttonhole
- It has a maximum stitch length of 4mm.
- It has a maximum stitch width of 5mm.
- It has a free arm which is easy to use.
- The adjustable stitch length and width make it convenient.
- It has a marked needle plate. It makes it easy to sew along lines.
- It is very simple to use.
- It is very lightweight hence portable and convenient.
- The inbuilt stitch variety is a bit limited.
- It requires a 110V voltage input. This input is not common in many countries. It might not be usable outside the US.
The Janome 2212 is a fantastic simple machine for simple home use. It would come in handy in those situations where you want to put on your dress on, only to find out its torn. It is simple to use, and therefore you do not have to be an expert sewer to use it. The 110v voltage input limits where it can be used though. You need to make sure that you have such power supply before you purchase it. It is also a great machine to start your sewing practices with. It simplicity warrants its appearance on this review.
We just reviewed a simple machine, the Janome 2212, above. The Janome 8077 is yet another impressive sewing machine of the Janome series, which tries to combine simplicity and convenience. This machine is computerized, meaning some of its functions are automated. It still strives to keep the simplicity exhibited by its sibling above. It comes with 30 inbuilt stitches, giving you more variety. It features the signature automatic threader and on and off switches button. It has a small and convenient LED display panel, which makes its user interface easy to interact with.
- It has 30 inbuilt stitches.
- It has the automatic threader.
- It has an LED display panel.
- It comes with six one-step selection buttonholes.
- It has adjustable stitch length and width.
- It has a see-through bobbin cover.
- The 30 stitches give you more variety.
- The automatic threader makes it convenient.
- The LED display panels make it easy to operate.
- The adjustable stitch length and width adds on its convenience.
- The see-through bobbin cover ensures you can see every stitch clearly while remaining protected.
- It manual does not offer much information neither does the Janome website. It might be difficult for someone looking for information on how to set it up.
The Janome 8077 is a superior machine than the Janome 2212. The beauty of it is that it manages to retain the same simplicity of 2212 while adding some convenience for the user. Most of the functions are automated, and it has more variety regarding the stitches and buttonholes. It is still easy to use and lightweight. This is a more advanced sewing machine that’s perfect for home use.
8) Brother HC1850 Computerized – Best Sewing Machine For Quilting
The Brother HC1850 is yet another machine from the Brother series that lives up to the high standards promised by the series. It is fully computerized sewing and quilting machine. All its functions are automated. It has a wide variety of functions and comes with many accessories to allow you to work more conveniently. The machine has 130 stitch options. It has special features for both sewing and quilting. This machine is an advancement of the Brother Project runway. The features are almost similar, but the power and convenience levels are high.
- It comes with a wide backlit LCD panel.
- The sewing speed is adjustable.
- It comes with a wide table.
- It has the automatic threading system.
- It comes with a flip-chart for handy stitches.
- The backlit LCD panel allows easy interfacing.
- The adjustable sewing speed makes it convenient.
- The automatic threading system makes it hassle-free and saves you time.
- The handy stitches chart could be a useful guide.
- You have a choice to use the foot controller of set up the automatic controls.
- Brother sewing machines sit on a plastic chassis which tends to break up easily under intense use.
The Brother 1850 is a more impressive machine compared to its siblings that we have reviewed in this review. This machine delivers adequate power and convenience. It has a big enough variety of stitches and has considered the ease of carrying out various functions for the User. The plastic chassis will again on how you use the machine. Overall it is a great machine as far as its performance is concerned.
The Brother series is a reputable sewing machine series that delivers amazing performance. Hence the many entrants are from the series on this review. The Brother SE400 is a machine specially designed to add effective embroidery practices to your sewing. The machine allows 4×4 embroidery. It still features all the other functions synonymous with the Brother sewing machines. Most of them are similar to those of the Brother 1850 reviewed above.
- It comes with a spacious 4×4 embroidery area.
- It comes with seven feed dogs.
- It has a bright LED to light up the die-cast.
- It comes with an LCD-touchscreen display panel.
- It has the automatic threader.
- It has the convenient automatic threader.
- The spacious work area allows you room to work easily and handle large projects.
- The LCD-touchscreen allows faster and easy operation of the machine.
- The LED lights up the work area and provides enough light.
- It has easy bobbin preparation procedure.
- The seven feed dogs allow smooth fabric feeding.
- Just as noted above, the Brother machine has a plastic chassis which breaks up easily.
The Brother SE400 features all the convenience functions one would want on a sewing machine. It delivers amazing performance and convenience. It is powerful and comes with numerous accessories that make your work as the sewer easy and convenient, while not comprising on the quality of the output. The embroidery abilities of this machine also make it stand out. It is the top-most feature that allows it to be part of this review.
The JUKI TL-2000Qi is another moderate performance and convenience machine. It is the second of the JUKI series we are encountering on this review. It has an automatic threader which is a common and very important feature in most machines. It has a control knob for tuning across various settings. It is not computerized, and therefore some of the functions have to be done manually. It is, however, still a very impressive machine considering its performance.
- It features LED lights.
- It has a one-foot pedal operation.
- It has the automatic threader system.
- It comes with a wide extension table.
- It features an aluminum die-cast arm.
- It has 1500 SPM for quilting purposes.
- The automatic threader makes it convenient.
- The wide extension table is good for large projects.
- The aluminum arm reduces vibrations.
- The aluminum material is durable.
- The bright LED lights adequately light up the working area.
- Multiple functions have to be done manually.
- The aluminum material makes it heavy hence difficult to move around with.
The JUKI TL-2000Qi is a moderate performance sewing machine. Its appearance on this reviewed is informed by the need for a small budget machine that can still deliver good performance and an acceptable level of convenience. It is also a simple machine to use and operate, making possibly the best sewing for beginners and trainees.
11) Brother PC420PRW 294-Stitch Professional Computerized Sewing Machine
Are you a sewing professional who wishes to stand out? The Brother PC420PRW 294 is an amazing sewing machine you should be considering to acquire. This machine is made specifically for use in professional environments. Its performance and convenience are amazing. This fully computerized machine has all the features expected in a top-grade sewing machine, making possibly the best sewing machine we have on this list. It does still suffer from the concerns of its chassis made of plastic since plastic is not durable.
- It has a multi-lingual LCD-display panel.
- It has the automatic needle threader.
- It comes with 6-point feed dogs.
- It has a built-in threat cutter.
- It has a very bright LED.
- It features adjustable speed.
- It has the “my custom” feature.
- It allows easy interfacing with the multi-lingual LCD-display panel
- The automatic needle threader makes it convenient
- The 6-point feed dogs make it easy to feed fabric
- The LED adequately lights up the work area
- The adjustable speed allows you to work at your own pace
- The my-custom feature allows you to design your stitches and use them
- This machine is fully computerized, and hence most functions are automated
- It is lightweight. This is great for a machine with such performance.
- The plastic chassis is still a concern on the brother PC420PRW 294.
The Brother PC420PRW 294 is arguably the strongest machine we have encountered so far when it comes to performance and convenience. Its performance is great, and the convenience levels are unmatched. It is a professional grade sewing machine though; it should be able to deliver such performance.
Having gone through some sewing machines that are available in the market, you now have an idea of what a good sewing machine entails. However, you might wonder what is supposed to inform your decision to purchase a particular machine and forgo another. Sewing needs are different for different people. There are those who want machines for professional applications and other for simple home sewing needs. Specific needs and requirements will be the icebreaker in determining which sewing machine is best suited for you. Below are some things you should consider before settling on a particular machine.
The performance of the machine is informed by its speed and ability to handle thick fabric. This is crucial as you do not want a machine that keeps you pedaling while working very slow or one that keeps drawing power without transforming it into adequate speed levels. A good machine should also be strong enough to pierce through thick fabric. The stitches should be strong enough to ensure they don’t come off.
As you might have observed, convenience is a crucial aspect of sewing. Traditional sewing machines involved a lot of manual work, that would leave you tired even before you begin sewing. Modern machines are however computerized and automated. This makes them convenient as they get to do all the donkey work for you. Before you buy any machine, you need to determine the convenience levels that you are looking for. Some are partially automated while others are fully automated.
Some people love to use their feet to pedal, and there are others who will prefer the machine running by itself. The automated threading system should be a necessity though as manual threading could be very intimidating, especially if your eyesight is not so good. These automated features are meant to make your work easier and allow you more time to do design work. A good machine will also have a variety of sewing settings to choose from or allow you to make your custom settings. Look for a machine that has the convenience level that you are comfortable with.
- Intended Use
We will all buy a sewing machine to use for different sewing-related purposes. These purposes should play a role in determining which sewing machine we buy. If you are in a professional environment that has high volumes of sewing activities. You will need a powerful, convenient and fast machine. If you want a simple machine for home use, you can go a simple easy to use a sewing machine since you will be once in a while.
The price always has the final verdict on anything you intend to buy. The prices of sewing machines range from hundreds of dollars to thousands. You can only buy the sewing machine that you can afford. Check the sewing machines that are within your budget first and then compare the above the aspects to arrive at an informed decision.
You probably can’t be able to recall all the details highlighted in this review. We want you to have an easy time next time you are out shopping for a sewing machine. As such below is a summary table with all the sewing machines reviewed above. It contains the respective features of the machines and their prices. You can easily skim through the table and be able to decide on which sewing machine to purchase.
|Brother CS6000i Feature||Check Price|
|Juki HZL-F600 Computerized||Check Price|
|SINGER | 7258||Check Price|
|Brother Project Runway||Check Price|
|SINGER | Quantum Stylist 9960||Check Price|
|Janome 2212 Sewing Machine||Check Price|
|Janome 8077 Computerized||Check Price|
|Brother HC1850 Computerized||Check Price|
|Brother SE400 Combination Computerized||Check Price|
|JUKI TL-2000Qi||Check Price|
|Brother Project Runway PC420PRW 294-Stitch||Check Price|
Best Sewing Machines 2018 – Buyer’s Guide (DEEP INSIGHT)
Here is a comprehensive buying guide for best sewing machines 2018 to have a deep insight for a better decision.
As a professional tailor, you can agree that your sewing machine dictates the extent of your professionalism. For a high-quality neat finish, therefore, your purchase decision should be more than walking to the shop and picking any machine. Instead, it should encompass a review of the special and technical features you want in a machine. Also, you will need to check the top brands in the market and select one that best suits your needs. The following guide is an important tool to ensure you make an informed decision. Keep reading.
Types of sewing machines
Your decision to pick one of the best sewing machines will depend on your skill levels and budget. If you are an aspiring beginner, you may want to consider advancing your skills in due time hence going for a machine with fewer features will limit your growth. Your area of use, whether industrial or home use will also dictate the type of machine you select. For home users, the mechanical machines featuring only the basic features are ideal. However, if you are buying a machine for industrial use, then computerized machines are the best. This is not only because of their advanced features that allow for professional sewing, but also their efficiency bearing in mind the large number of fabrics you are dealing with. For this reason, there exist four major types of sewing machines:
Mechanical sewing machines: these machines rely on manual rather than electric power to operate. They are the best machines for beginners and feature basic features in their make. For effective use, consider sewing only the light or medium fabrics.
Electronic sewing machines: these machines, unlike the mechanical, use electricity to operate. They have more advanced features including an electronic foot pedal that makes them ideal for use with heavy fabrics. Other advanced features include digital displays and dial controls. These machines are costly compared to the mechanical types. If you are an average home sewer or novice sewer, then this machine is suitable.
Computerized sewing machines: these are digital machines. They feature a preprogrammed microprocessor that aids machine functions including stitch selection, forming buttonholes, setting the right tension and programming. To simplify your stitch selection, these machines feature a control touch panel, numerical selection and an LED indication that enable the user see and make selections by just touching the display panel. The memory feature in these machines makes them memorize your past work including the stitches you have worked on before. These machines are appropriate for experienced sewers.
Overlocker sewing machines: Unlike the above three types of machines, overlockers are useful for specific functions including the sewing in of seams and hems. In some instances, you can use them to decorate your fabrics. Besides this, they cut off any fabric that remains after sewing the hems. Despite this, these machines are not useful on their own and should come as an accompaniment to either one of the above types to attain a professional finish.
When selecting the above types of machines, you need special consideration on the following factors:
Who is going to use the machine? The decision to buy one of the above machines should factor in the user’s experience. Depending on whether they are beginners or advanced users, you will be able to identify the ideal machine specifications.
Budget: before walking to a dealers shop, make sure you budget well for the type of machine you want. Remember, your budget highly dictates the features on your machine thus, at a lower budget, you will only find machines with basic features.
Use frequency: The number of times you will use your machine and the type of workload you subject it will dictate the type of machine you purchase. If you are a heavy industrial sewer, go for high quality, computerized machines with the ability to handle heavy fabrics on a daily basis. However, if you are a home user with occasional machine use, then invest in a manual machine with the ideal basic features to handle your workload.
The brands: a proper knowledge of the market’s top brands is ideal to guide your purchase decision. However, while you may think that going for the best brand is the solution, consider other additional features, quality, design and layout, machine lifespan and the ability to handle all types of fabrics and textile, before landing on your final selection.
Special features to consider when buying a sewing machine
Well, upon knowing the basic types of sewing machines, it is time to make your selection. This selection, however, should not be random. You need proper planning, analysis and review of the product brands and features in the market to settle for the best. Among the special features you should consider before making your purchase include:
Bobbin: to complete a stitch, you need two threads: the top and bottom threads. This is the essence of a bobbin, which holds the threads in your machine. If you want the best out of your sewing machine, consider buying one with a top bobbin. In this case, you will not need to disassemble your casing to reach out to the bobbin. Moreover, you can also consider a clear cover bobbin such that you will be able to see when your thread runs out.
Buttonhole: making your buttonholes using the basic manual sewing machines can be cumbersome as you will occasionally need to turn your fabric. Thus, to ease your work, consider the automatic button holder feature. This feature is useful, especially where you are working on many fabrics. With just a dial setting, you will attain perfect and consistent buttonholes. Alternatively, you can reprogram the machine to attain the style and design you want with consistency.
Feed dog: this is the metal teeth that feed your fabric through the machines in the course of stitching. As a smart buyer, consider sewing machines that allow for the deactivation of this feature to allow you sew in thick fabrics.
Presser foot: to hold your fabric safely in the sewing machine, a presser foot is a special consideration for your machine. If you want more than the straight and zigzag stitches, go for machines with adjustable presser feet to include the buttonhole and zipper feet.
Needle threader: if you are a professional sewer, then among the frustrating things you would want to deal with is constantly inserting the thread into the hole especially when you are tired. To deal with this problem, consider buying a machine with an automatic needle threader. This will not only prevent your eyes from the strain but also save your time enabling you to sew faster and more efficiently.
Built in stitches: as a smart buyer, if you want to perform the basic sewing functions and attain a neatly locked seam, consider a sewing machine with at least four stitches. These include the zigzag, button, straight and backstitch.
Lightweight: where you are considering some movement with your machine or your job requires constant movements, buy lightweight machines for their ease of portability. You can also consider machines with handles to facilitate transportation and maintain their working condition.
Free arm: if you are considering sewing small fabrics such as the pants, having a machine with the free arm feature will make your work efficient. This feature, located below the sewing machine with a protrusion above the feed dogs will also allow you to attain any style you want for your clothes.
Twin needle: if you want to attain a strong seam especially on shirt sleeves, then this feature is what you should look for in your sewing machine. With this feature, you can sew in a parallel stitch, using either the same or different color threads.
Tension: as a smart sewer, you sure do not want puckered or loosely stitched fabric. Hence consider a machine with the tension adjustment feature to ensure control over thread tightness.
Speed control: this dictates how fast fabric goes through your machine. The faster the speed, the more fabric you will sew in by the end of the day hence efficiency.
Power: this refers to the sewing machine voltage. For maximum efficiency ensure your machine offers more power for a given consumption.
Sewing speed: a high speed sewing speed per minute is efficient for professional workloads.
Light: to ensure high efficiency during stitching, consider sewing machines with LED lighting for maximum visibility when sewing dark clothes.
Choosing the best sewing machine for your lifestyle
Whether you are a beginner, advanced sewer or you simply want to attain the best stitch for your career; you need to understand the specific features and machines that you should purchase to meet your needs. Among the top reviews we have for you include:
The best sewing machine for beginners: if you are a beginner aspiring to grow your fashion and design work, then Brother CE7070PRW sewing machine is all you need for the success. Fashion requires that you play along with the best stitch and button designs. To achieve this, this computerized but affordable sewing machine features up to 70 stitch styles including the Heirloom and quilting that conveniently feature on the machine’s LCD, enabling you to easily select and bring out elegant, professionally made and customized designs.
The machine also features one-step buttonholes available in seven different styles for perfect and consistently sized buttonholes. As a tailor also, long garments are inevitable as a part of your job. To ensure you handle them effectively, this machine features a wide sewing table. The machine also offers reliability with its top bobbin that allows enables you to come up with consistently high-quality stitches on fabrics. Where you are dealing with dark fabrics whose stitches are difficult to see, you can use the LED lighting feature on this machine. This feature provides adequate lighting to your working area, allowing you to see clearly. The machine also features an automatic needle threader, sparing you the hustles of trying to insert the needle on the hole.
The best sewing machine for both sewing and quilting: well if you want value for your money, then Juki HZL-F600 is the ideal choice. This affordable sewing machine embraces the Box Feed Technology to ensure maximum accuracy in its sewing and quilting functionalities. The technology also ensures high quality, professional sewing on both heavy and light fabric by preventing the shifting or shrinking of the sewed fabric.
To ensure you sew in both small and large fabric garments, this Juki sewing machine features a wide sewing table that adequately fits in your material. Also, the machine has 255 stitching options. Alongside this, the machine features 16 button style stitches that enable you come up with differently fitting but consistent button holes to match your clothes designs. Featuring a big LCD display, this machine enhances user readability and programming in the sewing process. Its stitch selection options including the overlocking and stretch are direct, saving the time you would take typing in the program. This feature combined with the automatic needle threader helps you minimize the overall sewing time hence efficiency. In fact, the machine can sew up to 900 stitches in a minute courtesy of its advanced features. The machine also features special features such as the Knee lifting lever, presser foot, and foot controller.
The best machine for quilting: if you like your fabrics thick, then you need nothing less than the best quilting sewing machine. While the Juki sewing machine is a better choice, Singer 7258 100 offers the best alternative. In fact, this machine is specifically made to handle quilting tasks. Featuring 100 stitches, this computerized machine offers the best finish on garments, bringing out their uniqueness and elegance. This machine is also ideal if you deal with decorative tailoring courtesy of the decorative stitches. The machine’s stitches are easy to select by just pushing the stitch selection button. With this push, you will gain access to some optimal settings including the tension, length and width for your customized sewing. The machine also features a high speed of 750 stitches in a minute. The speed is adjustable with the speed control lever allowing you to work on more fabrics on a daily basis at a higher speed. Also featuring an automatic needle threader, this machine reduces your overall sewing time as you can insert the thread faster.
FAQs about the best sewing machines
- How can I troubleshoot my Singer sewing machine?
For the Singer sewing machines, the most common problems relate to the bobbin. These include either a jammed or inappropriate bobbin. To analyze and solve this problem, first of all, ensure you are using the right type of bobbin for your machine. Next, put the presser down in the down position to avoid thread tangling. If the problem persists, then this is the appropriate time to call a technician for a professional check on your machine as the problem could be complex.
- What is sewing machine oil?
The sewing machine oil is an ointment applied to some parts of the machine to reduce friction and improve machine performance.
- What is the ideal height for my sewing machine table?
The height of your sewing machine table is dependent on your body height. Thus, the taller you are, the longer the height. However, as a rule, ensure that your working position allows you to rest your elbow comfortably on the desk to ensure your comfort as you work on the fabrics.
- Do I need to lubricate my sewing machine?
The decision of whether or not to lubricate your machine is dependent on the type of machine you are using. Some machines are self-lubricated while others will require manual lubrication. In both cases, consult your user’s manual. Also, when it comes to the self-lubricated machines, consider replenishing the lubes with time as they tend. On the other hand, if your machine requires manual lubrication, consider lubricating it after at least eight hours of consistent use. This, you should do using only the high quality synthetic lubricants. Before lubrication, ensure your machine is clean.
- How often should I replace my needle?
While some tailors will insist on using the same needle for many years, this is unprofessional. Needles tend to wear out faster especially when subjected to heavy work. They may bend or wear out resulting in uneven seams or skipped stitches resulting in unprofessional finishes. Thus, as a rule, consider changing your needle after every major project.
- What maintenance practices should I perform on my sewing machine?
Maintaining your sewing machine in good condition will ensure its proper performance. As a routine, ensure you use a high-quality needle for your sewing machine and oil the machine frequently to facilitate smooth operation. Also, when cleaning your machine, avoid canned air as it leaves a lot of moisture on the machine creating room for lint which can jam your machine in the long run. Instead, utilize the cleaning brushes meant explicitly for the machine.
Finally, it is worth noting that the best sewing machines are more than the brand. They comprise the features as well as the ability to give a high-quality standard finish. Thus, whether you are hobbyist or professional sewer, the above guide and review is an optimal solution to your machine needs. With this buying guide and review, you can rest assured of a high-quality machine for outstanding work.
- Best Hair Straightening Brush 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Air Purifiers 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Infrared Heaters 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Hair Dryers 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
- 1 2) Juki HZL-F600 Computerized Top Rated Sewing Machine
- 1.1 3) SINGER | 7258 – Best Computerized Sewing Machine
- 1.2 4) Brother Project Runway
- 1.3 5) SINGER | Quantum Stylist 9960
- 1.4 6) Janome 2212 – Best Sewing Machine For Beginners
- 1.5 7) Janome 8077 Computerized Sewing Machine
- 1.6 8) Brother HC1850 Computerized – Best Sewing Machine For Quilting
- 1.7 9) Brother SE400 Combination Of Computerized Sewing & 4×4 Embroidery Machine
- 1.8 10) JUKI TL-2000Qi Sewing and Quilting Machine
- 1.9 11) Brother PC420PRW 294-Stitch Professional Computerized Sewing Machine
- 1.10 Best Sewing Machines 2018 – Buyer’s Guide (DEEP INSIGHT)
- 1.11 FAQs about the best sewing machines