Tea tree oil is an essential oil extracted from the leaves of the Melaleuca Alternifolia tree. Skin conditions such as acne and other bacterial infections can be very disturbing. They are particularly difficult to remedy. The best tea tree oil comes in handy in such circumstances. The oil, though toxic when orally ingested, has been proven to be able to soothe skin irritations and treat fungal infections. It is also commonly used for aromatherapy and in home-cleaners such as shampoos, soaps, and deodorants. Whether, it’s your clothes, carpet or couch, tea tree oil will do the trick. It will eliminate bacteria and fungus, which cause foul smells in your home.
There are many manufacturers and vendors of tea tree oil on the market. The oil has many undeniable benefits. However, the processing processes of the oil might make a difference on how effective it is. Finding the best tea tree oil may not be very straightforward. We desire to ensure you get the best tea tree oil though. As such we have compiled a review of various tea tree oil brands on the market, which have been hailed as effective. The review will put you on a better pedestal as far as making the right choice is concerned. First, below is a comparison table that contains all the tea tree brands featured in the review.
Best Tea Tree Oil for Acne
1. Eden’s Garden Tea Tree 120ml
The essence of using tea tree oil is to purify and heal. Eden’s garden is the most popular maker of tea tree oil. Their tea tree oil can be used a treat various skin conditions and in cleaning activities around the home. It is an essential addition to your first aid kit. The Eden’s garden’s tea tree oil comes in an amber glass bottle and a convenient euro-style dropper-cap. Tea tree oil is used in drops. The dropper helps administer the correct amounts conveniently. The tea tree oil from Eden’s garden has been GC/MC tested and certified as a pure and therapeutic grade oil. It comes with noGMO component or additives.
- It kills bacteria hence a great addition to homemade cleaning products
- It remedies various skin conditions such as acne, rashes fungal infections and many others
- It can be used to eliminate foul smells in your space
- It fights infectious organisms in the air
Directions of Use
- For cleansing purposes, add 2 – 3 drops to the shampoo or soap.
- For skin care applications, add 1-2 drops to an appropriate carrier oil, the massage on the required areas.
- For aromatherapy purposes, add one drop of water or a suitable air purifier and spray.
- The oil is toxic when orally ingested. Care should be taken, where there are children around.
- The oil is harsh on cats.
- Proper dilution should be done before use to avoid any harsh reactions and ensure effectiveness
- The tea oil has no additives. It is 100% pure tea tree oil
- The amber bottle protects it from too much light which could potentially affect the composition of tea tree oil inside
- The tea tree has a harsh reaction to pets, especially cats.
The Eden’s Garden tea tree oil comes with clear and concise directions of use. This is very desirable. Normally, all the tea tree brands will have almost identical benefits as the main ingredient is the same. The difference is informed by the measure taken to ensure the oil reaches the consumer in good condition. Eden’s garden has distinguished itself by ensuring that their oils do not pass through any third party. That’s encouraging about their tea tree oil. From the reviews available, it seems this is the best tea tree oil on Amazon.
2. Eden’s Garden Tea Tree 10ml
The only difference between this tea tree oil and the one above is the quantity. This comes in a smaller 10 ml bottle. This is convenient for someone who does not want to purchase a lot of the oil. This could be the best tea tree oil bottle for a first aid kit. The benefits, directions of use and everything else about the tea tree remains similar to those highlighted above.
- The tea tree oil can treat several skin conditions
- It has strong antiseptic properties; it can soothe cuts and burns
- You can add it to your cleaning agents for a more effective cleaning
Directions of Use
- Add 2-3 drops into your cleaning agent for cleaning purposes
- For skin care, add 1-2 drops to your shampoo or appropriate carrier oil and apply
- For aromatherapy applications, add i-2 drops to water in a humidifier.
- The tea tree oil contains 100% natural Melaleuca Alternifolia tree extracts
- The oil is multipurpose
- It comes in a convenient sunlight-protective dropper-cap bottle.
- The tea tree reacts harshly on pets, especially cats
Eden’s Garden tea tree oil has proven itself has an effective oil. The kind of positive reviews it has on various vending platforms are overwhelming proof of its effectiveness. You are also assured of receiving a fresh oil from the processors themselves. They ship it to you when you order it. There is no shelf life for this oil. All these are indications of tea tree oil that will serve you with great efficiency. This oil should be one of your options.
3. Now Foods Tea Tree Oil 4oz
The Now foods tea tree oil is 100% pure and natural. The oil has myriad of uses within your home and other spaces. The oil can be used for aromatherapy, remedying skin conditions. It is great for giving first aid on cuts, bruises, and burns.
- The oil works magic in aromatherapy applications
- It has antiseptic and germicidal properties
- It is a good addition to your cosmetics; though in controlled amounts
Directions of Use
- For aromatherapy applications, add one drop of grapefruit oil and ten drops of lemon oil.
- For applications related to skin care, add 2-3 drops to carrier oils such as grape seed oil or almond oil.
- Dilute according to the directions since the concentrated oil could have harsh reactions to the body. The concentrated oil does not smell very nice either.
- The oil is not for internal use.
- The oil is placed in a dark bottle to keep the sunlight out.
- It works great for aromatherapy applications
- The tea tree oil is expensive per ounce, as compared to the other brands.
The Now Foods Tea tree oil comes well packaged, and it has all the signature benefits of tea tree oil. Its price per ounce is not favorable though. You might have to incur more costs to buy the dilution oils too. It does work great if the reviews about it on Amazon are anything to go by. It qualifies to be one of your options if you are planning to buy some tea tree oil soon.
4. Eve Hansen Tea Tree Oil
Eve Hansen is yet another popular manufacturer of tea tree oil. Their tea tree oil is said to work with great efficiency in treating fungal infections and providing rejuvenating aromatherapy results. The essential oil also improves the health of your scalp and eliminates lice, dandruff, and flakes. The tea tree oil is 100% natural and organic.
- It treats fungal infections
- It has worked great in aromatherapy applications
- The tea tree oil treats toenails, acne, skin tags
- The oil can be added to homemade cosmetic for deep cleaning
- It kills mods in the air
- It can be sued to remedy colds and flu through a diffuser
Directions of Use
- For colds and flu, add 2-3 drops in a diffuser
- For topical use, add 1-2 drops in an appropriate carrier oil and massage on the affected areas
- The tea tree oil is multipurpose
- It is fully natural and organic
- You may have to incur extra costs in purchasing the diffusing oils
The Eve Hansen tea tree oils have multiple functions. This is very convenient. It is a natural and organic tea tree oil.The directions need to be adhered to though. The concentrated oil could be harsh on some people. The directions are very simple and straightforward to follow though. The oil enjoys positive reviews across many platforms, and it seems like an effective tea tree oil. The Eve Hansen oil is a good tea tree oil for acne treatment.
5. ArtNaturals Tea Tree Oil
The ArtNaturals Tea Tree Oil is hailed as one of the oils with the highest quality. It comes from Australia, which is the origin of the Melaleuca Alternifolia tree, from which the oil is extracted. The properties of the oil have been renowned in Australia for centuries. The oil is multipurpose, with the uses ranging from cleansing applications to facial and hair treatments. This could be the best tea tree oil brand for hair. The oil is not for internal use. It comes with 100% natural ingredients.
- The tea tree oil has antiseptic properties; it helps soothe burns and cut
- It helps fight skin irritations and acne
- It eliminates dandruff and lice
- It is great for home or office aromatherapy
Directions of Use
- For Skin and hair applications, dilute with an appropriate essential carrier oil and apply to the affected places
- Add 2-3 drops to facial washes and shampoos
- For aromatherapy, add 1-2 drop to water in a diffuser or humidifier
- The tea tree oil has many applications
- It contains natural and ingredients
- The directions of use are simple
- The concentrated tea tree oil has a strong and uncomfortable smell
The Art Natural Tea Tree Oil seems great. It is multi-purpose, and the directions of use are simple. It enjoys impressive reviews on Amazon too. The oil should not be ingested, and for aromatherapy, only topical and inhalation use is recommended. The oil can be used in facial therapies too. This Australian tea tree oils appears to be very effective and qualifies to be at the top of your list of options. This is a great tea tree oil for skin care.
6. First Botany Tea Tree Oil
The First Botany Tea Tree oil is yet another popular brand of tea tree oil. The oil is certified as pharmaceutical grade and is made in Australia, the origin of the Melaleuca Alternifolia tree. The oil is made of 100% pure and natural Melaleuca Alternifolia tree extracts. It has no artificial additives. It soothes sunburns and regular buns as well as cut and bruises.
- The tea tree oil works great with kitchen cleaners
- It has antiseptic properties
- It keeps your bathroom fresh
- It eliminates bacteria in clothes when used in laundry
- It eliminates molds from the air
- It helps eliminate body odor
Directions of Use
- For cleaning purposes, add a few drops into the water, shampoo or soap
- As an antiseptic, place a small amount directly to the affected area with a piece of cotton wool or your fingertip
- The tea tree oil is very effective as an antiseptic
- The oil is multi-purpose
- It contains 100% natural Melaleuca Alternifolia tree extracts
- The concentrated oil has an unpleasant smell.
The First Botany Tea Tree oil does not seem to disappoint in any aspect. It has all the great signature features we have already observed in Tea tree oil products. The reviews it has on Amazon further cement its effectiveness. It has been particularly hailed for its antiseptic properties. It quickly soothes burn and cuts. Many would find this tea tree oil very useful.
7. First Botany Tea Tree Oil with Terpinen
This tea tree oil from First Botany is almost similar to the one above, only that it contains 45% Terpinen. Terpinen has been hailed for its antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. The tea tree oil can treat toenail, dandruff yeast infections. It has been certified as pharmaceutical grade. It has no additives or preservatives. It is great as a skin care, home cleaning and a garment cleaning product.
- The tea tree oil has antiseptic properties
- It has 45% terpinen which is effective in fighting bacteria and fungi
- It eliminates lice and dandruff
- It can be added to home cleaners for a deeper cleaning
Directions of Use
- For home cleaning applications, add a few drops of the oil to the cleaning agents
- For skin care and other body applications, apply a small amount to the affected area with cotton wool or fingertip
- The tea tree oil has natural ingredients
- It is multi-purpose
- Terpinen is a strong anti-bacterial and anti-fungi agent
- The concentrated tea tree oil has an unpleasant odor
This tea tree oil, just like its sibling above seems to be very effective. It is even more exciting that it has a strong anti-bacterial and anti-fungi agent. All indications from the tea tree oil point at an extremely efficient oil. Its antiseptic properties are particularly strong. This has been highlighted by its numerous positive reviews on Amazon.
8. Majestic Pure Tea Tree Oil
Finally, we close off with the Majestic Pure Tea Tree Oil. Just like its name, this tea tree oil is majestic. It has premium quality Melaleuca Alternifolia tree extracts, and it is made through steam distillation. The distillation ensures 100% pure tea tree oil. No additives or preservative are added to it. It has also been certified to be of therapeutic grade.
- The tea tree oil soothes sunburns and bruises
- It can be added to home cleaners for better cleansing
- It can be used with soaps, cream, and lotions for better skin care
- It fights lice and dandruff on your head
- It remedies skin rashes, skin tags, and acne
Directions of Use
- First, always put a small amount of the oil on the inside of your elbow to find out whether you would have an allergic reaction
- Only use it externally
- Dilute 1-3 drops with an appropriate carrier oil before applying to your body
- The tea tree oil contains 100% pure ingredients
- It is multipurpose
- The oil is made of premium extracts
- The concentrated oil has a pungent odor
The Majestic Pure Tea Tree oil is made with majestic processing processes to produce one of the most effective tea tree oils. The oil is multipurpose and can remedy a myriad of skin conditions. It is also a strong anti-bacterial and anti-fungi agent. It could be the best tea tree oil for skin tags. The tea tree oil is very concentrated and hence the pungent smell. Its concentration also requires that you take extra care while using it as it could react harshly to allergic people. The recommended dilution directions should be adhered, Overall, the Majestic pure tea tree oil could arguably be the best tea tree oil we have on the review.
Best Tea Tree Oil for Acne – Buyer’s Guide
We have gone through some tea tree oils and explored their different features. You may not know where to buy tea tree oil. Amazon is a great place to buy from. All these products are almost the same. The main component, the Melaleuca Alternifolia tree extract, has the same effects regardless of the brand in which it comes.
What then should inform a choice between the brands? Also, issues such as order delivery and packaging could play a role in making that decision. Let’s look at the factors that are supposed to inform your decision of buying a particular tea tree oil.
The packaging of the tea tree oil is very important. The oil is sensitive and should be used in controlled amounts. The packaging should be in a way that makes it easier to adhere to these directions. For instance, all the packages should come with a dropper. Tea tree oil is used in drops. Administering these drops without a dropper might be difficult. Tea tree oil composition is affected by direct sunlight. As such it should be stored away from direct sun rays. The bottle the oil is in should not allow in sun rays. A dark bottle is desirable as it will not let the rays in. It also means that the oil has not been exposing to sun rays before you get it.
As mentioned before, the processing processes of the different brands of Tea tree oil are different. Therefore, the composition of their oils is different too. The best tea tree oil should be 100% natural with no additives or preservatives. Any other component available apart from the Melaleuca Alternifolia tree extract should be natural too. For instance, we have encountered a First Botany tea tree oil with Terpinen. The Terpinen is a natural compound and helps the oil become more effective.
All these oils seem to have the same effects, but they have different prices. Therefore, it is important that you get value for the money you pay. Using the exact features of the Tea tree oil, and the factors highlighted above, you would be able to tell which is the best oil, among those that are within your budget. Ultimately, you can only purchase the oil that you can afford.
Having gone through various tea tree oils, you are now in a better position to judge which would work best for you. Tea tree oil has many health benefits. However, the oils are not advanced as a treatment or cure for any ailment. Therefore, it is important that you do not use them as a treatment for any symptoms you might experience. If you experience any persisting symptoms after using the tea tree oils, you are advised to seek the advice of a Doctor as soon as possible. The review is meant to help you choose among the many brands available. It is a long one though. You most likely can’t remember all the details in it. Below is a summary table of the contents of the review.