Did you know that a water pitcher removes over 2000 water contaminants that could cause diseases when ingested? A water filter pitcher is a simple, kitchen-appropriate gadget that can ensure every drop of water you take is clean and contaminant-free. Tap water will always have some contaminants. The water companies may not be able to purify the water to a desirable high percentage. The pipes through which the water reaches your home might contaminate the water too. Having the best water filter pitcher in your house is therefore in your best interest and that of your family as well.
Water filters come in different shapes and sizes. They also differ in their functions and performance. Once you spend money to buy one, you want it to be very effective. The many types of filters in the market might leave you confused about which one is the best.
We reckon that most people do not know the technical features of such items. If you are one of them, you do not have to worry as looking for the best water filter pitcher no longer has to be such a daunting task. The following is a careful review of some water filters. It will indicate the distinct features of each of the filters. The review will also give pointers on what exactly should inform your decisions as far as choosing the best water filter pitcher is concerned. Let’s dive right in and find out which are the best water filters.
Best Water Filter Pitcher for Home Reviews
1. Aquagear – Best Water Filter Pitcher
Your welfare and that of your family should always come first. As such the water purifier you buy should guarantee you pure water for drinking. The Aquagear is one such water purifier. The purifier has been tested and certified as up to standards by the NSF. It will make sure your drinking water has no traces of lead or fluoride. Lead and fluoride are harmful to your body when ingested in large amounts or for a long time. The pitcher is made with safe and high-quality materials that guarantee the health of your family. The materials enable the pitcher to be:
- 100% BPA-free.
- 100% vegan – no animal products.
- 100% recyclable.
- 100% food grade.
The other exciting aspect of this water pitcher is that; for every pitcher that you buy, the manufacturers will donate six months’ supply of clean water to a vulnerable person in a developing part of the world. You get to give clean water as you ensure clean water for your family as well. How cool is that?
- Premium design for health and sustainability. Filter made in USA, BPA-free, recyclable.
- Removes 20x more contaminants than leading competitor, including fluoride, lead, chromium 6, chloramines, mercury, and chlorine. The filter keeps healthy trace minerals like calcium and magnesium in...
- The pitcher is rigorously tested and certified by NSF.
- It has triple capacity filters.
- It is capable of filtering over 2000 contaminants.
- It is made of food-grade materials.
- Its ability to purify water is guaranteed.
- It is suitable for everyone; It takes into consideration the needs of vegan people.
- It guarantees your health through its food grade materials.
- It has an attractive, ergonomic design.
- It can filter off all water contaminants.
From the descriptions above, the aqua gear water pitcher seems like an extremely effective purifier. It delivers all that is expected of a water purifier except that it is slow. Well, it is better for it to be slow and guarantee you clean water, right? The pitcher suffers a few negative comments on Amazon though. The complaints are about its ability to eradicate fluoride and chloride. They do seem like isolated cases though. Another complaint indicates that the water flow was too speedy leading to doubts about the pitcher’s ability to purify. This one is interesting because the filter works pretty slowly. It could also be an isolated case. The pitcher comes with warranty and the manufacturer promise a lifetime guarantee of free filter pitcher replacement if they break. You do not have to worry about a faulty pitcher.
2. pH RESTORE – Best Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher
It is exciting to have a filter that instead of just purifying your water, it last adds nutrients and minerals that are helpful to your body, to the water. Right? That is exactly what you get with the PH Restore Alkaline water pitcher. As the name suggests, the pitcher restores healthy pH levels to the water. It also adds helpful nutrients and minerals in the form of ions. The pitcher also comes with two long-life filters. This filter turns tap water into more than just drinking water. Water from this pitcher improves your immunity and works to detoxify your body and make your skin healthy.
- HUGE FILTER CAPACITY - MUCH LONGER THAN OUR COMPETITION = 1500 cups/360 litres/96 gallons per PH001 filter. Saving 720 bottles of filtered water, and $1080, at an average cost of $1.50 per bottle.
- INCLUDES OUR MULTI-STAGE PH001 FILTER – Increases pH up to pH10. Remineralization adds minerals such as selenium & calcium. Filters fluoride, chlorine, and chloramine. Filters heavy metals in tap...
- It comes with two long-life filters.
- It has water alkalinity and ion adjustment abilities.
- It has a big filtration capacity. It can purify 360 liters in one go.
- It removes free radicals to your water. These cause fast aging.
- It has an LCD-display panel.
- The pitcher gives you water that improves your health and overall well-being.
- Water from the pitcher improves mental clarity.
- Water from the pitcher slows down the aging process.
- The water also acts a detoxifier and improves skin health.
- It has a nice ergonomic design that is attractive and allows easy handling.
- The pH is just adjusted to neutral not to the slightly alkaline levels desired.
The manufactures of this seem to have believed that pure water was not good enough. They added amazing features to the pH restore pitcher that makes the water it produces have more health benefits than expected from pure water. This is the water you want to carry in your bottle and sip all day long. The pH adjustment is not as per they may advertise it though, but the pitcher is still effective since the water does not remain acidic at all. This pitcher works to improve your overall health. This warrants its appearance on this review and makes it a solid contender for the title, “the best water pitcher.”
3. Brita Large 10 Cup Water Purifier Pitcher
The Brita Large is a simple water pitcher, which is designed to be easy to use. The features of the Brita large are straightforward as it is simply designed to provide clean drinking water with less hassle. It reduces bad taste and odor in water. It also reduces copper, mercury, chlorine and cadmium levels in your water. The water from this pitcher is BPA-free. It comes with an easy-fill top cover and a sticker to indicate when you need to change the filter. The filter can replace 300 plastic bottles of water. The weight of such bottles adds up 16.9 ounces. Eliminating such an amount of plastic garbage would mean conserving the environment, right?
- LARGE WATER PITCHER: This large, clear plastic pitcher has a soft-grip handle which makes pouring easy along with the locking lid for convenient refilling. Height 10.16\"; Width 5.77\"; Length/Depth...
- CLEANER AND GREAT TASTING: The BPA free Brita filter reduces chlorine taste and odor copper mercury and cadmium impurities found in tap water. Substances reduced may not be in all users’ water
- It removes chlorine and metal elements from water.
- It has a sticker that indicates when you need to change the filter.
- It comes in an oval design.
- Its filter should be replaced after every 40 gallons of water.
- It comes in plastic and stainless-steel materials.
- It is easy to use.
- It can remove harmful elements from water.
- It has a sticker to indicate when to replace the filter hence convenient.
- The oval and simple design allows it to fit comfortably in most fridges and other compartments as well.
- The filter does not hold on too strongly. It falls off, especially when trying to pour out all the water.
- It is rather small; it will take multiple refills when you want to purify a lot of water at once.
The Brita Large is supposed to be a simple water filter. It, therefore, lacks a lot of pomp that we might probably see with other filters. It is however still an impressive filter considering the quality of water it produces. It might not be suitable if you have a large family. Its capacity makes it suitable to be used by possibly one or two persons. Its simplicity and possibly cheap price, while remaining effective, warrants its appearance on this list.
4. Nakii – Best Long-Lasting Water Filter Pitcher
The Nakii water filter pitcher comes with probably the best technology in water pitchers. It has a patented military-grade technology that promises nothing but the cleanest water. This pitcher works to ensure that your water is cleaner, tastier and healthier. It reduces the levels of chlorine, mercury, rust, and other undesired elements from your water. It also removes solid particles and other sediments that might have accumulated in your tap water. It reduces water hardness and lowers its limescale levels, leaving your water tasting better and odorless. The pitcher’s design has considered the user’s ease of handling. It comes with an easy to fill top cover, a well-placed handle with a great design to allow a firm grip. It comes in a good size that can fit in most spaces.
- LONGEST LASTING – 150 GALLONS – 4 TIMES MORE THAN OTHERS! The NAKII pitcher filter is created with high quality material that handle water contaminants on a higher level hardly comparable that's...
- ADVANCED FILTRATION TECHNOLOGY- HIGHEST RATE CHLORINE AND MERCURY REMOVAL! The Nakii filter is the first in the USA to use the newest innovation for water filtration, using Activated Carbon Fiber...
- It filters 1.8 liters in one refill.
- Each filter filters 150 gallons before replacement.
- It is made of Japan’s activated carbon fiber material.
- It can remove chlorine and other metal elements from water.
- It removes over 90% chlorine in water, that is an impressive feat.
- The carbon fiber material is strong hence long lasting.
- It is a sleek and attractive design.
- Its design also allows easy handling and storage.
- It has a relatively big capacity.
- It filters last long.
- The filtering speed is rather slow.
- The pitcher lid keeps falling off especially when the pitcher is full.
If you’re concerned about bacteria and other harmful compounds that filters 5 cups of water in 2 minutes then Nakii also has this A500 water filter pitcher.
- EXCLUSIVE TECHNOLOGY: Unlike all Pitcher Filters on the market that work with gravity, the J.SHMIDT A500 is a portable active filtration system that employs a custom micro-pump to combine the...
- THE ONLY PITCHER THAT FILTERS BACTERIA: Aquaphor’s patented technology removes practically all toxic pollution, bacteria (Escherichia Coli 1257, Enterobacter Cloacae, Pseudomonas Aeruginosa) and...
The Nakii filter is a well-designed and attractive pitcher. It does purify water to the desired levels. The filtering technology is different and delivers amazing results as compared to others. It does not add any minerals to the water though. The lid falling off could be annoying too. It is designed to last longer and be less prone to breakage though. This is a great feature. Its durability warrants its appearance on this list.
5. ZeroWater ZP-010 Water Filter Pitcher with Water Quality Meter
The ZeroWater ZP-010 pitcher is yet another water filter with a straightforward design. The simplicity should not let you think any less of it though. It purifies water to acceptable levels and adds much-needed minerals and nutrients to your water to keep you hydrated, healthy and energetic. It comes with a 5-stage filtration system that ensures your water is pure and crystal clear. It removes odor and bad taste from water. The water pitcher has been certified by NSF guaranteeing you the cleanest water possible. This pitcher has a filter that is made using a patented ion-exchange filtration technology rather than the usual gravity-based technology common in other filters. This technology delivers better results and adds useful nutrients to the body.
- 10 CUP WATER FILTERING PITCHER: You'll always have cleaner, pure tasting water on hand with our BPA-Free, water filter pitcher in your fridge. The included, free water quality meter lets you test your...
- FIVE STAGE WATER FILTRATION: Unlike many water filters & pitchers, ZeroWater filters use 5 stages of filtration, to bring you cleaner, better tasting water. Instead of carbon filtering only, our...
- It has a five-stage filtration system.
- It uses ion-exchange technology to purify.
- It is certified by the NSF.
- It removes over 99% of dissolved elements.
- It comes with a free meter for water quality testing.
- The ion-exchange technology is effective in purifying water.
- The NSF certification assures you of pure water from the pitcher.
- The pitcher has a relatively big capacity.
- The pitcher has a well-contoured handle that allows a firm grip.
- It has a great design and appropriate size that can fit in most compartments.
- The 5-stage filtration ensures no sediments or dissolved substances are left in your water.
- The plastic materials used to make the pitcher are fragile and prone to breakage.
- The filter, though it works better than most of the others, is not long-lasting.
If you need a larger pitcher then the ZeroWater ZD-018 holds up to 23 cups of water. Its not quite as portable as the ZP-010 as you’ll want to fill it up and leave it in the fridge to use the knob to pour.
- Included Components: Zerowater Zd-018 23-Cup Water Dispenser And Filtration System;Electronic Tds Water Testing Meter;1- Zerowater Filter Cartridge That Removes Contaminants That Cause Water To Have...
The ZeroWater pitcher is simple in design but delivers very impressive results in water purification. If you are tired of foul tasting and smelling water, this is probably the pitcher for you. It uses the ion-exchange technology to add some much-needed minerals in your water, making every sip you take a shot of energy into your body. It suffers from a few complaints on Amazon though. The concerns are on its ability to remove odor from water and its durability. Ion exchange filters are not very durable as compared to their gravity-based counterparts. The odor removal case seems like an isolated case.
6. Brita Ultramax 18 Cup Water Filter Pitcher with Longlast Filters
If size matters a lot to you, then the Brita 18 Cup Ultramax could be the water pitcher for you. It is large and acts as a dispenser too. You do not have to keep pouring out the water once it has been filtered. Apart from that, the Brita large lives up to the good reputation of the Brita brand of water purifiers. It has amazing features that will guarantee you clean and healthy drinking water. This pitcher is ideal for a home with a large family. The filter filters up to 40 gallons before it wears out. The filter user the gravity-based technology to effectively remove chlorine, mercury, cadmium and other metal elements in the water. The filter is BPA-free, and it is certified as effective by the NSF.
- The BPA-free UltraMax water dispenser holds 18 cups of water, enough to fill 6 24-ounce reusable water bottles
- Get great tasting water without the waste; by switching to Brita, you can save money and replace 1,800 single-use plastic water bottles a year
- It holds 1.13 gallons of water.
- It has a filter change reminder.
- It requires no pre-soak.
- It has no black flecks.
- It filters up to 40 gallons per filter life.
- It has a big capacity.
- It doubles up as a dispenser hence convenient.
- It requires no pre-soak. This means less hassle.
- It can eliminate all harmful elements within the water.
- The size might hinder it from fitting in numerous spaces
Are you tired of refilling your water pitcher multiple times? If you are, the Brita large is the solution. It has the biggest capacity we have encountered in this review so far. It doubles up as a dispenser to making it convenient as you do not have to pour out the water every time. This pitcher is all about convenience. Its size will be appropriate for a large family house, ensuring availability of clean water to drink. This convenience is what warrants its appearance on this review.
7. Propur ProOne-G 2.0 – Best Fluoride Water Filter Pitcher
The last entrant into this review is the Propur ProOne-G 2.0 water pitcher. This is yet another water pitcher whose design is very simple. It does deliver the required results though. The Propur water pitcher prides itself on long-lasting filters. Other filters we have reviewed require replacements as often as every two weeks. The Propur pitcher filter can last up to two years. It works with the pro1 DMTM technology that is very effective in removing fluoride from water. It removes other metal elements present in tap water very effectively too.
- BPA and PVC free plastic. Ideal for refrigerator storage. Great for camping and RV travel!
- Transform ordinary tap water into clean, fruit-infused(optional), filtered drinking water.
- It works with the ProOne DMTM technology.
- It can completely remove fluoride.
- It has a simple ergonomic design.
- The filters can last up to 2 years.
- It removes metal elements from the water.
- The ProOne DMTM technology is effective in removing fluoride which is always a concern with many pitchers.
- The ergonomic design is simple but well contoured to allow easy handling.
- It is small in size hence can easily fit in many spaces.
- The filters are long-lasting. This is convenient.
- It works very slow.
- It is small hence not suitable for use by many people.
- The lid does not hold on tight. It tends to fall off often.
The Propur pitcher is meant to be small simple and convenient. I guess its designers had a one or two person use, water pitcher in mind. It works well in its role of eliminating contaminants from drinking water. It is a small pitcher though; it might not be very appropriate in a situation where there are many people involved. The most impressive feature of this pitcher is the long-lasting filter. You do not have to worry about replacing the filter now and then. This pitcher enjoys impressive reviews on Amazon. It might, therefore, be the best water pitcher for you.
Best Water Filter Pitcher for Home – Buyer’s Guide
Here is a comprehensive buying guide for best water filter pitchers to have a deep insight for a better decision.
Having looked at some water pitchers that could be the best for you, you should realize that the best water pitcher for you is not necessarily the best for the next person. This is because of personal tastes and preferences as well as the situations. This review is a fantastic tool for helping you arrive at a decision on which water filter is best for you. It is a very long review though. As such, below is summary comparison table of the mentioned water pitchers. From the table, you can easily skim through and compare the different types of water filters next time you are out shopping for one.
|Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher||
|pH RESTORE Alkaline Water Pitcher||
|Brita Large 10 Cups||
|Nakii Long-Lasting Water Filter Pitcher||
|ZeroWater 10 Cup Pitcher||
|Brita Large 18 Cup||
|Propur Water Filter Pitcher||
Are you looking for a water filter to meet your home or office water filtration needs? Then the water filter pitcher is the ultimate solution. Featuring small size and low price, this filtration option offers a convenient way of converting poor quality water into clean and safe drinking water.
In today’s world, technology use reduces the instances of waterborne diseases through its wide range of water treatment options. Among the most common treatments is chlorine, which is a preference by the local authorities. Despite being used in small quantities, chlorine has a strong odor and taste thus even after passing through several plumbing systems; it will come out of your tap with these features. Other chemicals that you are likely to find in your water include mercury, fluoride, and lead among others. While this may seem impossible, with pitchers, you can attain tasty and healthy water for your household use. The following is thus a guide on the best water filter pitchers and how to buy them through an analysis of their special features.
Types and how to buy
Pitchers are available in different brand types. The major types, however, include Brita, Aquagear and alkaline pitchers. Due to their diverse brands, before actualizing your purchase, you will need special consideration of the following factors:
Budget: unlike the water filtration system, the water filter pitcher features an affordable price. However, during purchase, you need to special focus on the replacement filters price. If these filters initial costs are high, then there is the likelihood that your unit’s long run operating costs will be high. Thus, for a wallet-friendly pitcher, ensure the replacement filters costs are affordable. However, while doing this, do not adequately settle on your purchase with the cost factor only as this may in some instances, compromise the quality.
The water you intend to filter: before buying your filter, you need to understand the type of water you want to filter. This includes an understanding of the contaminants present in the water. The type of contaminants will offer a guide to the specific pitcher that can efficiently remove them. Most filters can easily remove chlorine. However, when it comes to more complex contaminants and impurities, you will need special consideration for more advanced and quality pitchers.
Special features to look for when buying
To ensure you settle for the best water filter pitcher, you need a special focus on its unique features. Among the features you need to consider before actualizing your pitcher purchase include:
Capacity: the pitcher capacity is in terms of the amount of filtered water the pitcher can hold in cups. On average, pitchers have a capacity of 8-10 cups. With higher capacity, you will need to buy fewer filter units, in the long run, saving on operational costs. However, while purchasing a pitcher with high capacity, you need to be sure of its safe transportation in case you need to move it.
What chemicals does the filter remove from the water: on average, filters should remove common contaminants like chlorine, copper, mercury, and zinc. However, advanced, high quality priced pitchers should remove additional complex contaminants like lead and fluoride to ensure you gain value for your money. Also of importance during filtration are the components that your filter leaves in your water. Your filter should only filter the unhealthy chemicals and ions in your water and leave in the healthy ones such as magnesium and calcium.
Pitcher design: in analyzing your pitcher design as a smart buyer, consider how the design simplifies your work during use. This includes a removable lid and the ease of pouring water from the pitcher courtesy of a good spout such that you will not end up pouring water on the floor during use. The pitcher’s handle should also be easy to hold preferably, an open handle with a firm grip so that you do not drop it on the floor when pouring the water into your cup.
Pitcher material: most pitchers are plastic. When it comes to their purchase, therefore, you need to ensure that the plastic is either BPA free or has an FDA approval. BPA is a dangerous plastic that can easily leach into water and the human body resulting in brain problems, heart conditions or even cancer. Thus, as a smart buyer, avoid pitchers made with BPA containing plastic. FDA approved products on the other side are safe to use with food products. The pitcher material should also be environmentally friendly and recyclable, posing no threat to the environment. Also, if possible, the material of your pitcher should feature high-quality thick plastic. This thickness, besides the warranty, is a guarantee for durability. Thick plastic is less likely to break and can withstand regular washes. The lid should also be thick with an easy on/off mechanism to allow easy refills.
Life indicator: in their make, some pitchers embrace a monitoring mechanism, either digital or a sticker, which will notify you when you need a replacement. The digital life indicator features a light on the unit’s top that captures the number of cycles of refilling the pitcher and alerts you upon the expiry of the ideal cycles. These indicators do this with respect to the amount of water they filter or the duration since the last change. In some cases, this life indicator can also signal the current condition of your pitcher. While this may seem like a luxury feature, it is important in ensuring optimal timings to change your filter hence minimize the chances of owning defective filters.
Size: the size you pick for your filter will depend on the size of your family and storage space. A bigger family may force you to buy a big pitcher. However, if you have small kids, you may want to purchase a smaller size to enable them to pour water easily into their cups. Also, you will want to buy a pitcher that easily fits in your storage space which in most cases is the fridge, hence a smaller size pitcher is ideal. However, whether you buy a small or big pitcher, the difference is only in terms of the number of refills.
Accessories: the most common attachment that comes with pitchers is the filter. This accessory allows for pitcher use. It is an essential feature if you want to invest in a quality advanced pitcher. With more filters at your initial purchase, you will incur fewer expenses in the long run on your unit.
Filtering speed: this speed dictates the amount of time you will have to wait before the water you put in your pitcher is fit for consumption. If you have a big family, then consider a pitcher with fast speed to save up on the waiting time. On the contrary, if your pitcher serves some few people, then speed is not a matter of concern. To settle for a product that suits your speed needs, therefore, considerable prior review on the pitchers is ideal.
Warranty: pitchers have a warranty that extends up to a lifetime. The warranty also guarantees product durability. Thus as a rule, only buy pitchers with warranties to ensure maximum service and performance at low operating costs.
Certification: the best water filter pitchers undergo strict tests and procedures after which they get certification. Thus, during purchase, always check for pitchers with the NSF certification which is a proof of the manufacturer’s compliance with the national and international quality and safety standards.
Choosing your water filter pitcher for your lifestyle
Lifestyle needs vary among different people. For this reason, the following is a compilation of three water pitchers with their special qualities that make them suitable for specific lifestyles.
The best pitcher with high performing filters: your body requires water for proper functioning. In fact, 60% of the body is water. Thus, a clean supply of water is important to facilitate this. If you live in the areas where hard or contaminated water is a problem, then Aquagear is what you need. With this pitcher, you will be able to convert your tap water from unhealthy to healthy and enjoy the excellent taste. This pitcher features five high-quality stage filters made in the USA with the capabilities to filter lead, fluoride, chloramines and chromium 6. Accompanied by its 2 microns pores feature, this pitcher offers a safe way to filter your water, protecting you from unhealthy contaminants while retaining the healthy calcium and magnesium minerals. Thus, the water from this filter is not only healthy but also refreshing to the body. In its operation, this filter embraces quality filters that last up to three times longer than the Brita type. Also, it has a large filtering capacity of 150 gallons hence stays for a long time before requiring replacement.
Besides the maximum filtration efficiency, Aquagear also features high safety standards. In fact, as part of its certification process, this pitcher passed several third-party safety tests. This includes adherence to the 42 and 53 NSF contaminant reduction standards. Also, its filters pass the Flint, Michigan test hence ideal for removing the heavy lead and, copper components from drinking water. Besides being safe, this pitcher features a lifetime guarantee such that in the event of a breakage, you will get another replacement at no extra charges.
This pitcher also features quality materials in its design. This includes its 100% BPA plastic material that ensures no leaching of the material into the water, FDA certification that allows its usage in water for human use and it’s 100% recyclability that makes it an environmentally friendly product.
The best pH restore water pitcher: to improve your overall health, you need to detoxify your body. Among the cheap detoxifying options to consider is alkaline pure and ionized water. To access this water, you need a pH restore pitcher which is why the invigorated living brand is ideal. This pitcher restores the pH levels in your water by adding iron, calcium and zinc minerals to the water, giving you alkaline, healthy and tasty water. This water offers health benefits to your body including immunity, increases metabolism, slows down aging and improves weight loss. The water molecules from this pitcher feature in microclusters hence easy absorption for high energy levels, performance, and mental clarity.
To facilitate this filtration, this pitcher features micro nets, KDF and coconut activated carbon filtration methods which reduce the number of contaminants in the water. The filters advanced features remove heavy elements such as chlorine, fluoride, and chloramines thus increasing the alkalinity levels. At this high pH, the water remains pure for long without the possibility of a bacterial infestation. Besides removing the heavy metals, this pitcher also eliminates odor, organic and inorganic matter from the water. Where the watercolor has a taint, this pitcher also removes it attaining clear, refreshing and good tasting water. To facilitate portability and handling, this pitcher has a rubber handle that facilitates easy handling.
PH restore pitcher also features a modern design. Its lid system is easy to fill, making it easy for anyone to refill the water. Also, to monitor its lifespan, this pitcher features a digital gauge that signals to you the replacement time. As part of the filter design, the pitcher embraces an anti-block technology which is the latest trending technology in water filters. The pitcher features two durable filters in its package with one filter eliminating 8300 plastic bottles thus an eco-friendly pitcher. Its filtration capacity comprises an equivalent of 96 gallons. Finally, the pitcher’s materials are also environmentally friendly; featuring BPA, ISP, FDA and SGS certifications and its 100% warranty makes it a worthy investment for the money.
The largest pitcher for the money: if you are tired of regularly refilling your pitcher, then consider buying the Brita water filtration pitcher. Featuring an easy to refill and pour jug, this pitcher holds 10 cups on daily basis hence ideal for a large family. The pitcher has an oval shape that fits easily in most freezers hence convenient storage. Despite its simple design, this pitcher removes unwanted metals from water including mercury, cadmium and copper while reducing the smell and taste of chlorine to ensure you drink healthy and tasty water. Its plastic material is BPA free hence no health risks due to leakages. To ensure replacements at the optimal times, this pitcher features a sticker indicator. On average, you will need to replace this filter with 40 gallons refills which run for about two months. This pitcher is also environmentally friendly with its one filter accompaniment featuring the ability to replace 300 plastic bottles.
Frequently Asked Questions About Water Filter Pitchers
- Why should I use a water pitcher yet my tap water is soft?
While your water may be soft, its passage through the plumbing system before reaching you may cause leaching of copper. Thus, to eliminate this metal from water, you need a pitcher. A pitcher will improve the overall quality of your water by removing both the unnecessary metals and other particles.
- How else can I use water from my pitcher?
Besides drinking it plain, you can use the water from your pitcher to make drinks, cook or even water your plants and animals.
- Why do the local authorities add chlorine to water and why can’t they use a pitcher on their end such that I will not need to purchase one?
Chlorine is useful in killing germs that thrive in the water. This is why the local authorities add it to drinking water. However, while it performs this function, its taste and odor are unpleasant. Also, during transfer of water to various household users, some problems may occur along the way hence such that the water may require further treatment even after treatment by the authorities. This is why as an individual; you need to treat your water on your own. Also, with the small amount of water consumption per individual, it is economical for every person to filter the water on their own with the pitchers rather than have the authorities do this for them.
- How do you know it is time to change your pitcher?
Some pitchers feature a sticker or a digital indicator that enables you to identify the replacement time. However, the replacement cycle is more of an estimate than a cycle. You can arrive at this estimate using the 40gallons for two months or 120 gallons for six months. Thus, since usage varies from user to user, you only need to know your water usage then divide the rated capacity with your actual use. The result will be the number of weeks you will comfortably use your pitcher without requiring a replacement.
Number of People it Will Serve
We buy a water pitcher for application in different places. It could be homes offices and many other places. The number of people in these places should be compared to the capacity of a water pitcher before deciding to purchase it. A water pitcher will purify a particular volume of water at a go. If you get one with a small capacity in a situation where many people are involved, you will have to keep refilling, which might be frustrating.
This is yet another aspect of water pitchers that you need to consider carefully. The filters of all water pitchers have to be replaced once they wear off. Different water pitchers have filters that last for different durations. Therefore, it is not convenient to buy a water pitcher whose filter you will be replacing more often. However, you should be careful to ensure that the pitcher is effective in as much as it lasts longer. Normally, filters that last for less durations are more effective in purifying water and adding minerals to the water.
Water is a very sensitive commodity. There are a lot of diseases that can be caused by drinking dirty water. As such you should always be careful to ensure that the water pitcher you get works. You can do this by always ensuring that the water pitcher you intend to buy has been certified as safe for use. Your safety and that of your family is paramount. Do not buy a purifier that has not been certified as effective.
These water purifiers have different features, and so are their prices. The prices differ according to the brand. It is, therefore, important to compare the price and the quality of the pitcher to ensure you get value for your money. Your budget is always the ultimate determinant of the product you get, but you should never compromise the quality for the price. Always go the best water filter pitcher that is within your budget. The prices of these water filters differ widely depending on the features and brand.
In conclusion, water filter pitchers, just like any other product in the market require keen analysis of the features before actualizing your purchase. With the above guide, therefore, you can rest assured of a high-quality pitcher. However, if you still doubt your selection as an individual, consider asking your dealer further advice, but this, you should do only after taking individual time to do your study and reviews on the product to make an informed decision.
You could also look into getting a faucet water filter for additional peace of mind to filter all of your water, including when you wash your dishes.
We have gone through some water pitchers that have been carefully selected. Their features of an ability to filter and purify water have warranted their appearance on the review. We realize that this might not be enough to help you arrive at a definite choice while looking for the best water filter pitchers. You might wonder what the aspects you are supposed to consider while choosing one are. The following are some of the factors that are supposed to inform your decision of choosing a particular water pitcher. These aspects are to be related to the features of the purifies to arrive at a decision.