Buying the right backpack can be one of the best things you can ever do to ensure a perfect outdoor experience. Easy as it may sound, it doesn’t entirely come in easy as there are some things you need to know to make sure you don’t miss out on your best fit. This comprehensive guide is dedicated to providing you with the necessary information you need to make sure you don’t go about blindly to buy your backpack. The guide will ensure you get the best waterproof backpack next time you go shopping. Brace the loins of your mind and join us on an adventure to consider the best waterproof backpacks in 2018.
- 1 Best Waterproof Backpacks 2018
- 2 1) Aqua Quest STYLIN – Best Waterproof Backpack For Travel, School, Laptop, Outdoors
- 3 2) Dry CASE Masonboro (BP-35) – 100% Waterproof Backpack
- 4 3) Back-Sak 500D PVC, 35L Best Waterproof Backpack
- 5 4) Chaos Ready Heavy Duty Best Waterproof Backpack For Travel
- 6 5) OverBoard Pro-Sport Waterproof BackPack
- 7 6) VITCHELO Waterproof Dry Bag Backpack with FREE Waterproof Phone Pouch
- 8 7) COR Best Waterproof Backpack For Travel, Rafting, Camping,Surfing, Hiking
- 9 8) The kaka – Best Waterproof Laptop Backpack
- 10 9) Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil Dry Day Waterproof BackPack
- 11 10) Rockagator GEN3 RG-25 40L Best Waterproof Dry Bag Backpack
- 12 11) Oxking – Waterproof Outdoor, Sports, Hiking Climbing, Camping, Backpack
- 13 Best Waterproof Backpack 2018 – Buyer’s Guide (DEEP INSIGHT)
- 14 Final Words
- 15 FAQ
Best Waterproof Backpacks 2018
|Aqua Quest STYLIN 30L Backpack||Black and Reflective||30 litres||Yes||Check Price|
|Dry CASE Waterproof Backpack Masonboro BP-35||Blue||20 litres||Yes||Check Price|
|BackSack waterproof Backpack 500D PVC with Welded Seams||Black||35 liters||Yes||Check Price|
|Chaos Ready waterproof Backpack with Padded Shoulder Traps||Gray||22 liters||Yes||Check Price|
|Overboard Waterproof Pro-Sport Backpack||Blue||20 liters||Yes||Check Price|
|VITCHELO for Outdoor water Sport Kayaking Camping||Reflective Trim and Black||30 liters||Yes||Check Price|
|COR Waterproof Bag Roll-Top with Padded Laptop Sleeve||Green||25-45 liters||Yes||Check Price|
|KAKA Backpack for Laptops Casual School Book Bag for Men and Women||2020Black||35-20 liters||Yes||Check Price|
|Sea to Summit Ultra-Dry Day Pack||Black||22 liters||Yes||Check Price|
|Rockagator GEN3 RG-25||Camo + Covert||40 liters||Yes||Check Price|
|Oxking Outdoor Sports Hiking Climbing Camping Backpack||Black||70 liters||Yes||Check Price|
1) Aqua Quest STYLIN – Best Waterproof Backpack For Travel, School, Laptop, Outdoors
Whether you belong to the aggressive outdoor adventurer or the average activity type, the aqua quest stylin furnishes a great option that brings the solidity and waterproof flair that you may need to keep your belongings water free. This backpack reflects Aqua Quests passion and commitment for designing top performance bags that won’t wreck your adventure in the face of rain, snow, dust, sand, heat and other adversities. Aqua quest provides a blend of fabrics and coatings that are proven to be 100 percent waterproof and also adds other exciting features that we will explore in this guide. Let’s see if this backpack deserves any of your valuable consideration.
Design And Other Key Features
- General design: The Aqua Quest comes with an overall look that speaks of simplicity of design while maintaining the flair and solidity of a typical modern backpack. For those who care, there is an array of colors that you can choose from. Concerning pockets, you have the main compartment, the front zip pocket, and the large front zip pocket. Both zip pockets provide splash resistant properties while giving you great access to your smaller sized belongings. This can come in handy especially when you are on an adventure that requires you to get dirty as the front compartments will handle your dirty stuff and keep them from a mix-up with your other stuff in the main compartment.
- Capacity: The pack features a capacity of 1800cu or 30 liters which is quite a decent amount of space for most adventurers.
- Weight: The backpack offers a weight of 860 grams or 1.9 pounds.
- Material: Aqua quest chose a 420D Rip Stop fabric which is more than capable of standing in the way of any abrasions. Also, it offers TPU lamination, DWR coating, Double bar-tacked stress points and Heat taped seams.
- Adjustable hip, chest and shoulder straps.
- It has an Air mesh back panel.
- It has an impressive volume capacity.
- Great weight at 1.9 pounds that won’t break your back and shoulders.
- Highly durable.
- It offers a good option for both extreme adventurers and moderate activity users.
- May not be as long-lasting as other high-end backpacks when tested with optimum loads on a daily basis.
- Zippers may present a problem when filled up.
- The sewing design and quality may not appeal to those who care a lot about backpack sewing designs.
The aqua quest stylin is a great option that offers versatility along with quality and durability at a reasonable price. It offers a lot for the price and unsurprisingly enjoys a good star ratings on Amazon. Definitely worth your consideration.
2) Dry CASE Masonboro (BP-35) – 100% Waterproof Backpack
Do you like to go outdoors and prove your mettle through some rough terrains? Whether you are an extreme hiker, climber, biker or just the casual nature enthusiast, you need a solid backpack that caters to all your needs for a memorable experience. The dry case waterproof backpack Masonboro is one of the gurus in this area commanding respect from other packs and probably your attention. Let us have a look at the details and see if there is any truth in this.
Design And Other Key Features
At a glance, this backpack puts on a rugged look that is representative of the toughness and boldness that resonates across the adventurous outdoor lifestyle. It comes in a black and blue color and incorporates some exciting features that place it among the elite. The backpack incorporates the main compartment, a zippered waterproof compartment and a front mesh pocket that keeps anything wet out of your waterproof area. It also includes a side water bottle holder, bungee cords for holding extra items and back support for the best possible comfort.
- Capacity: The main compartment has a volume of 35 liters plus extra space housed in other compartments and the bungee cords.
- 100 percent waterproof to ensure maximum water protection
- Overall dimensions: 24x18x18 inches.
- Weight: It has 8.3 ounces that preserve the much needed ergonomic value
- Contains a two-way purge valve which offers a rare property of being able to be inflated or deflated.
- Material: The top-notch Marine grade waterproof vinyl provides the durability and protection to handle both external and internal loads.
- Offers an external zippered mesh pocket to house the wet gear while keeping it out of touch from the impervious area.
- It contains waterproof straps for both the shoulder, the waist, the hip and the lower back.
- It offers exceptional capacity for most adventurers needs.
- Durable material that won’t leave you wondering if it can hold up with constant heavy loads.
- It provides the two-way valve for compression and deflation which is quite a rare fit in the backpacking community.
- The great ergonomic design which includes low back support.
- The external zippered mesh provides an efficient solution for handling wet belongings
- Provides a reasonably affordable option
- It has a central pocket that can be too deep for some users.
- The sewing of the sides may not be as impressive as the other main features. Not as perfect.
Finally, the Dry Case backpack masonboro BP35 doesn’t fall short of any excellence and is definitely worth your money and being your adventure companion. Its strengths far outweigh its weaknesses a thousand-fold, and it is no wonder it holds an overall good user ratings. What a great design from Dry Case.
3) Back-Sak 500D PVC, 35L Best Waterproof Backpack
The Back Sack waterproof backpack should be one of the most elegantly crafted and efficient packs you will ever meet on the market today. An impressive array of features adorns this adventurers darling forcing an average customer rating that is higher than all the previous backpacks we have considered. Let’s not waste more time and look at the highlights of the backpack.
Design And Other Key Features
The backpack comes in quite an attractive modern design that goes out of the box of the traditional backpack designs. The 500d PVC gives it a unique solid look that will command your trust in it as an impregnable fortress housing your cherished adventure items.
- The dimensions of the backpack offer a combined 12x6x19 inches. To be more specific, it is 19 inches tall, 12 inches wide and 6 inches deep.
- Weight: It offers you a weight of not more than 2.5 pounds on top of the weight of your belongings.
- Material: A great and innovative choice of design from the manufacturers adopting vinyl-coated woven polyester with welded seams for enhanced water resistance properties.
- It has a sternum clip and back support plus adequately cushioned straps for optimal comfort.
- Includes D-rings for holding water bottles and other smaller belongings.
- Houses a splash-proof outer pocket to secure smaller items like IDs and keys and an interior zippered pocket to handle your electronic equipment.
- Contains a reflective patch and trim that keeps you visible at night thus increases your chances of being found when the adventure gets tough.
- Exceptional waterproof properties due to a great selection of build material.
- Ample space for a wide range of adventurers.
- It has an exceptional ergonomics that provide the comfort everyone needs. The back support along with padded sternum clips and shoulder straps saves you the backaches and headaches to stay focused on the adventure.
- Excellent night time safety measures through the visible night patches.
- While the PVC might provide exceptional waterproof properties, it may not necessarily be the best regarding durability.
- The interior pocket does not provide ample space for medium to large electronic devices in case you need them.
This is a great backpack for a range of outdoor activities including hiking, sports, kayaking and myriad others. It certainly won’t disappoint you considering the price range, performance, and the design. A 4.6 average user rating from leading sites like Amazon tells the whole success story behind this innovation.
4) Chaos Ready Heavy Duty Best Waterproof Backpack For Travel
Now let’s get to the Chaos ready backpack. Well, from our research and experience, it lives up to its name. Just get your gear ready, grab the backpack, and you are ready for any chaos without worrying about whether your stuff is secure. This prodigy is one of the most impressive packs out there with an exceptional durability and flexibility. Let’s try to put it on the beam balance and see if it’s anything close to being penny-worthy.
Design And Other Key Features
Thanks to the designers they made the look of the bag an exception to the chaos-ready philosophy that guided its design. It is quite an elegant design that combines simplicity and superior safety features. In principle, it is made of the main compartment, an easily accessible front pocket and mesh sides. Along with these, you have shoulder straps that provide a good fit and comfort. Let’s look at a few more specifics;
- Size: It houses a 22-liter main compartment, two mesh side pockets and a front pocket thus extending the capacity.
- Class 3 rated 100 percent waterproof.
- Material: It boasts of heavy duty 500pvc tarpaulin material enhanced with high free welded seems to come up with durable build quality.
- It has an efficiently sealed fold system to make sure the main compartment stays air and watertight.
- Comfortably padded shoulder straps for optimal shoulder comfort.
- Highly durable and water-resistant material.
- It comes at an affordable price.
- The flexibility makes it fit in a wide range of on-water and land-based outdoor activities.
- Provides enough compartments for all the essential belongings you need for an outdoor experience.
- A reasonable weight that won’t put too much on top of the already heavy items you may put in the bag.
- The shoulder straps are not adequately padded.
This backpack provides almost everything one needs for a memorable experience. The material is unbelievably great and offers the safety, security, and durability that is hard to ignore if you are looking for a top-notch experience. The statistics speak for themselves; a healthy average star rating isn’t a simple fit to achieve from any great designer’s perspective.
If you are in for a backpack that you would throw in a puddle and go about your business without worrying about your precious items safety, the Overboard Pro Sport should make it into your top three list. Safety, durability and extra handy features seem to permeate through this product with excellent clarity. Let’s see why it is a regular in most top ten backpack product reviews from the actual users.
Design And Other Key Features
The rugged look and build up reflect the boldness, creativity, and macho that gets you out of your cubicle for an adventure that puts your toughness to test. The overall height gets to 43 cm while the depth and width are 9.5 cm and 24cm respectively. Additionally, here are the special features;
- Material: It is made of PVC coated 600D nylon which is, in essence, a combination of PVC and nylon.
- Capacity and weight: It houses a massive 20+ liter main compartment along with a large internal zip pocket, front mesh zip pocket, and a large mesh side pocket. The weight gives a stunningly light 1.27kg on the beam balance. Additionally, you can secure the main compartment upon rolling the top down for three times. After that, you have the option of closing the ends together on top; buckling to the side buckles, or fastening the rolled top in properly using a grey nylon Velcro strap closure situated on the top.
- It has a back panel with a mesh design for effective airflow.
- It provides for padded lumbar support and shoulder straps.
- It features a melded shut system
- It is made of incredibly durable material.
- It has a surprisingly lightweight for a heavy duty bag. You might as well forget about the backaches.
- Great ergonomics incorporating comfortable back and shoulder straps capable of keeping you focused on your adventures rather than back and shoulder issues.
- Affordable price range. Great value for a price tag that won’t blow your water and electricity budget.
- Some first-hand testimonies seem to worry about the strength of the bottom thus raising questions of its integrity. On the other hand, this bag seems to be one of the best you can ever find.
You will have to work very hard to find any seams for this backpack. It is a personal best and one of the best you will ever find out there. The good customer rating. Definitely another gem for your consideration.
6) VITCHELO Waterproof Dry Bag Backpack with FREE Waterproof Phone Pouch
Vitchelo brings another masterpiece in both design and performance in the Vitchelo Waterproof Dry Bag Pack. The versatility it offers accommodates users with a wide range of preferences. Whether you are a high octane adventurer or a more modest nature lover, this backpack proves a handy companion throughout your adventure. Let us get through the features, the high and the lows of this important addition to your adventure gear.
Design And Other Key Features
The moment you have your first glance of the backpack, you will have the familiar experience that comes with beholding anything that blends solidity and security with a fair sting of pure craftsmanship. It comes in a beautiful black and yellow exterior made of rip-resistant tarpaulin. Let’s have a look at the specific details:
- Material: The tarpaulin material build includes a strong welded seam along with a sturdy roll-top closure mechanism that provides the necessary security against any water infiltration.
- Capacity: The backpack includes a main compartment with the capacity of 30 liters and a front webbing which is elastic. Additionally, it also includes some mesh webbing on the sides to provide for more storage space.
- Straps: An adequate number of straps for proper security including the chest, waist, one-handed shoulder strap and another shoulder strap that is cleverly designed to avoid impinging on your breathing mechanism. The padded back also adds to your comfort by furnishing a padded backrest to minimize the risk of backaches.
- Possess buoyant properties for ease of transportation in waterbodies and can be used as an improvised floater in case of emergencies.
- The material offers exceptional resistance properties to a range of threats to your more delicate belongings.
- It provides more than enough storage space for most outdoor enthusiasts.
- The buoyancy properties provide an extra advantage when traversing various waterbodies.
- Provides enough storage space to complement the space offered by the main compartment.
- Excellent ergonomics. Your shoulders back and the body at large are properly protected by the cushions and the padded back.
- It is within an affordable price range.
- The volume of the backpack may not be enough for some of the heavy duty users.
- Additional customizable back support would make even the ergonomic design even better.
To be fair, the backpack provides a lot more for a price tag. The durable and water-resistant design coupled with the adequate space and near perfect ergonomic design should be enough for one to pull out forty five dollars. The customer ratings speaks a lot in support of its inclusion in our top backpacks guide.
7) COR Best Waterproof Backpack For Travel, Rafting, Camping,Surfing, Hiking
The COR waterproof Dry Bag Roll provides a portable backpack that won’t fall short of standard expectations through a range of outdoor occupations. Whether you are into basic travel, hiking, rafting or any activity that won’t tolerate you having a crushing weight on your back, this backpack affords a lot of features to fuss about. A few minutes of consideration should get us to establish whether it is worth your penny or not.
Design And Other Key Features
The first sight or feel will captivate your mind with an above average modern design. Let’s have a few moments of a little more detail.
- Capacity: The pack exists in two available sizes of 20L and 40L of the main compartment with additional space offered by the front pocket, the side pocket and the interior sleeve for housing electronics.
- Ergonomics: The backpack offers a padded backrest for comfort along with adequately cushioned shoulder straps.
- It also contains reflective patches on the front and the shoulder straps to provide better visibility at night and other low visibility situations.
- The high-quality material affords adequate buoyancy to keep it floating when in water or other situations.
- Great water repelling capabilities to ensure short-term protection for your electronic devices.
- Great safety features evidenced by the presence of reflective patches on both the front and the shoulder straps.
- It has an extra-large side pack that is big enough to accommodate a hydro flask.
- Highly affordable
- Enough space to cater for most of the essentials for camping or other adventure related items.
- Its ergonomic properties lack a waist or low back strap to ensure maximum back safety.
- It may not be able to handle long-term submersion under water.
This is one of the best backpack choices for a modest budget as it provides excellent value for your money. Feel free to tread, hike or run through the rain without raising questions on the safety of your laptop, iPod or tablet. Definitely a great option worthy of your consideration.
8) The kaka – Best Waterproof Laptop Backpack
Looking for a stubborn backpack and yet practical and adorned with a little touch of looks? Consider the Kaka pack and see if it’s worth your coin. It holds one of the complete designs for daily practical endeavors and basic outdoor physical activities. Ample capacity for a range of items including laptops, books, containers and other stuff along with the craftsmanship has bought it a place on our exposition of the best waterproof backpacks around. Let us see if we can witness any great qualities related to this product.
Design And Other Key Features
- Capacity: The backpack houses a capacity of up to 35L in the main compartment which embodies a laptop compartment that can hold laptops or books extending up to 15.6 inches.
- Dimensions: Overall, the backpack can eat up a space of up to 22.4×11.8×5.9 inches, that is, 22.4 inches for the height, 11.8 inches in Length and 5.9 inches in width.
- Material: The designers chose a 100 percent oxford fabric to cater for durability and water resistance.
- Overall build: It contains two side meshes, four zipper pockets, a laptop sleeve, two inner smaller pockets and two pen loops.
- Ergonomics: The bag incorporates adjustable shoulder straps, a buckled chest strap, and mesh padded backrest for the best possible comfort.
- It has an above average capacity to make you trust it regarding whether your overnight items will fit or not.
- Great choice of material to provide reliable protection and durability.
- Solid zippers and plenty of pockets and other accessory storage areas.
- Furnishes an adequate number of customizable straps for your comfort.
- Greatly organized pockets to assist with the order.
- The solitary disadvantage common with this bag is that its weight is on the higher side when compared with other travel backpacks.
This is a great multipurpose bag that won’t disappoint you from almost all angles. The affordable price tag adds on to the joys that come with the practicality and durability of the bag. It enjoys an impressive user rating on Amazon thus testifying of its greatness through customer’s experience.
This backpack offers an incredible lightweight option that provides durability and enough space for a range of outdoor preferences. The material is key to its light weight making it one of the most sorted backpack, on the market today. In addition to this, it includes other awesome features like the compression lacing system and high-density PU seam tape for protected storage. Let’s look at the highlights of this splendid bag.
Design And Other Key Features
Upon your first encounter with this bag, you will notice an unusual build and material that will leave an impression of it harboring something special. Consider the following points:
- Dimensions: It offers a height x length x width combination of 18.1×11.8×9.4 inches
- Capacity: 22L main compartment volume.
- Weight: An incredible 2.9 ounces definitely won’t break your shoulders or back.
- Material: The designers made a clever choice of making the backpack from siliconized CORDUBA fabric which is both lightweight and water resistant. Furthermore, the backpack has a sack into which it packs through the hyperon key ring attachment.
- It has double stitched seams which are sealed with high-density PU seam tape.
- It has a unique double Hyperon® roll top which assists in creating a reliable seal up top.
- It incorporates compression lacing systems which solidify the storage for security.
- The backpack is the Ultra-light weight which will prevent any extra weight in addition to the items being carried.
- Its flexibility and small size make it highly practical as it can be folded into its small sack and even be carried as an extra bag for an emergency.
- Exceptional water resistance properties.
- Descent capacity
- The capacity might not be good enough for some heavy duty adventurers
- The number of compartments may not be enough for some users.
The Sea to Summit Ultra lives up to its name in some ways. The designers nailed it on the perfect weight that comes with the bag alongside the durability of the material. Such innovation at this price should make one consider this gem of a bag. No wonder the general customer rating gets all the way to a 4.4 out of 5 figures.
10) Rockagator GEN3 RG-25 40L Best Waterproof Dry Bag Backpack
This guide wouldn’t be complete without spending time on the Rockagator GEN3 RG backpack. The backpack harbors a lot of features that support an Amazon price tag of ninety dollars. This newest release from the Rockagator offers a superior combination of functionality, durability, and form. As soon as you have it behind your back, you are sure to face any aggressive water environment. Let us take a deeper look at what makes this backpack an elite status material.
Design And Other Key Features
A simple look at this backpack leaves a lasting impression of a design effort that wanted to make a statement of unparalleled durability, capacity and waterproof properties. Let’s get a little deeper into the details.
- Capacity: The bag incorporates a 40Litre main compartment along with a splash proof front zipper pouch, a removable laptop storage pouch, an interior zipper pouch, two side pockets and Elastic meshed pockets on the sides for other items.
- Weight: 3.4 pounds
- 100 percent water resistant capacity.
- It has an internal Carabiner Loop Strip where the gear is attached inside the bag close to the top for an easy reach from outside.
- It has a welded construction which provides watertight seams
- Ergonomics: It includes shoulder, waist and lumbar straps which are nicely padded.
- It incorporates a top carry handle and an elastic bungee.
- It has a reflective strip for enhanced safety.
- Excellent capacity with additional pockets for a wide range of items.
- Almost faultless water resistant capacity.
- Holds a great buoyancy capacity
- Solid straps ensure optimal security.
- It offers an advantageous internal carabiner pouch.
- The weight is on the higher end when compared to other backpacks.
This backpack is probably one of the very best you can ever find on today’s market. It boasts of a seamless array of features that will justify your choice of buying a backpack at a price tag of ninety dollars. A customer rating speaks volumes about what the experience has been like so far.
If you are into mountain hiking, sports hiking and other activities that require a long stay outdoors, then this big boy should trigger a natural interest in you. The capacity is on the point and reflects the backpacks purpose. Along with the large capacity, an array of great features adorns the product. Let’s look at the product and judge if it’s worth every penny.
Design And Other Key Features
Everything about this pack is about size, power, and efficiency. The backpack exists in an assortment of colors including Black, Blue, Purple, Red, Yellow, Sky-blue, Green, and Orange. It comes with a gigantic dimension combination of 80x35x30 cm by height, length, and width respectively. The pockets include one pack in a pocket, large front pocket enhanced with elastic bands. The net weight lingers within the 2-2.4 kg range. Let’s consider a little more details.
- Material: It is made of water-resistant polyester and nylon.
- Weight: 4.41 pounds.
- It includes a rain cover as part of the package.
- Harbors a strong plugin system. The system includes anchors for sleeping bags, walking sticks, and tents.
- It contains a reflective stripe design for enhanced night safety.
- It has a TCS suspension system for weight adjustment.
- It has mesh shoulder straps, a waist strap and a waist belt with a pocket on the sides.
- It has an exceptional capacity for long-term outdoor activities.
- It has a suspension system that offers an advanced weight management system.
- Durable fabric with water resistance properties that make the backpack impregnable to water.
- It has an array of additional pockets which provide the much-needed room for the outdoor experience.
- It has excellent ergonomics with high resistance straps and great padding.
- Durable zipper system.
- May not always be ideal for everyone as it is a highly specialized bag.
- The weight may be a bit on the higher side for some.
This is, without doubt, an excellent bag pack if you are much of an outdoor enthusiast. There is a lot of thought that went into this design thus warranting a strong recommendation. The user ratings backs up its practical reality.
To put it in a nutshell, buying an ideal backpack comes down to striking the right balance between your outdoor adventure need and what you have in your pockets. The first thing to do is to define your lifestyle and preferences, then tailor your needs to the best available option on the list we have provided. We hope this review empowers you on your journey to an informed decision.
Best Waterproof Backpack 2018 – Buyer’s Guide (DEEP INSIGHT)
Here is a comprehensive buying guide for best waterproof backpack 2018 to have a deep insight for a better decision.
Getting the right waterproof backpack is much more than a simple matter of getting anything that can hold your belongings on a cherished adventure. Having provided you with the best backpacks around, we realize you need a few guidelines to assist with the choosing. By the end of this guide, you should have enough tools to make the right choice for your needs. Let us have a closer look at what you should look for when choosing a best waterproof backpack.
Any personal investment should begin with one thing, and that is defining your intentions with the product. You need to have a clear idea of what sort of activities you will be using it for. When it comes to backpacks, there is not such a thing as a general fitter. These bags are designed differently, and they are adapted towards different consumer preferences. There is a wide range of activities requiring different types of bags and these include traveling, hiking, rafting, fishing, cycling and carrying belongings to work or school.
Having defined your purpose as a starting point, you need to get further and consider the following points:
Is It Really Waterproof?
There exist three waterproof levels that you need to know before you buy a waterproof backpack. The first level is what is considered as just being water resistant. This implies that the backpack is capable of being exposed to light rain or water sprays without letting the water in but cannot offer much more beyond that. These bags are not bad for more basic uses like going to school and cycling while keeping the necessary caution of staying away from anything more intense.
Waterproof backpacks have much more resistance to put on the table. You are assured of safety regarding keeping your belongings dry in wet conditions such as heavy rains and wet grounds. These backpacks can let you hike or cycle inside considerably wet environments but may have reservations when it comes to going through rivers and swimming, as they may not hold the water off completely.
If you are into extremely wet activities or sports such as rafting, there is a genuine need for what is known as a 100 percent waterproof backpack model. These are at the extreme level as they simply can manage to shut the water out completely no matter how aggressive the wet conditions are. In addition to having exceptional water resistance properties, they house buoyancy properties which enable them to float when they happen to fall into the water body.
Is It An Appropriate Size?
Now let us move on to size as an important factor worthy of your consideration. You do not need to be an Einstein to know that you should select something that is capable of holding all your belongings. Make sure you have an idea of the bags volume in liters before buying anything, and you can find this information in our best waterproof backpack in 2018 guide.
But, if your adventure is something that will take you a single day like a short hike or a one day cycle, you can do with a small sized waterproof backpack. For those who are more extreme, for instance, long hikes and extended travel periods, bigger bags serve a great deal of convenience.
No one fancies a backpack that will add a load on top of the already heavy stuff they are carrying. This makes it a must for everyone to look at the kilograms or pounds a particular bag is holding before any purchase.
Choose something that is as light as possible in conjunction with other factors otherwise brace for the annoying back and neck aches.
You cannot buy a waterproof backpack without considering the material as it affects a lot of the bags properties including durability and comfort. The following are the common materials used to make backpacks and their properties:
Cotton canvas: Canvas is a heavy and rough weave cotton material made from synthetic and natural materials. Its advantages include enhanced waterproof capabilities, less weight, and low price.
Pack-cloth Nylon: This is a slick and shiny version of backpack material. Its advantages include excellent abrasion and puncture resistance and enhanced waterproof properties.
Corduba: It is, in essence, a nylon fabric that is specially treated with air. It has the lightweight and resistance to abrasions as its main advantages.
Rip-stop nylon: This goes a long way in providing extra protection and enhanced waterproof capabilities and lightweight.
Polyester: This famous material provides high resistance to UV degradation when compared to nylon. Its strength is also exceptional, and it proves an affordable option as well.
Compartments And Pockets
Another factor you cannot afford to ignore is the way the compartments and pockets are organized inside and outside the bag. You don’t want a backpack that can hold all your stuff while at the same time making it a pure hustle to access your belongings. More pockets inside and outside allow for better organization of the stuff you are carrying and save you a lot of time in the long run.
If you are up for a long trip out, it does a lot of good to avoid backpacks that don’t offer you much more than just the main compartment and a front pocket. Choose something that helps with keeping you smart and organized.
An obvious factor indeed is the price tag associated with your bag. You surely want something that provides good value for your money whether it is a substantial amount or not. The more expensive a particular bag is, the more the features it can offer.
If you are more of a casual user, you don’t need to break your bank account for a gargantuan priced bag. With under 50 dollars, you can still get something that provides a lot of appreciation for your coin. For those who are more of stern adventurers or daredevils and love to brave extreme weather conditions and a good number of days out, you need something that offers a bit more. You need something that offers durable material, a lot of storage options and an overall prolonged lifespan. This translates into a hike regarding the number of coins you will have to fish out of your pockets.
All in all, never settle for something because it’s considerably cheap as you may get nothing but mediocrity. On the other hand, a bigger price does not always give you the quality you are looking for, make sure every penny counts.
Consider The Egornomics
One of the things you don’t want in life is having a backpack that wreaks havoc on your back and shoulders. A backpack that is more of a constant pain can spoil the fun in the adventure, and that is why you need to check for all the features related to your comfort. Firstly, make sure the backpack makes a provision for adequately padded straps. Straps keep your bag properly aligned with your body to make sure the weight is properly transferred to the ground with minimal muscle effort. A backpack that combines shoulder, waist and lower back straps provides the strongest support and saves your back and shoulders a great deal of pain. Along with the straps, the lighter the weight of the backpack, the more stressful it is on the body which translates into extra comfort. Another factor you need to consider is the material over the padded back area. Most bags have a mesh backrest that helps with efficient circulation of air.
No matter how cool it may look, never settle for a backpack that sacrifices your safety and comfort for looks. You will end up locking it up in a closet.
Learn From Others
If you limit yourself to technical specifications and base all your decisions on a set of specs, you might be missing something crucial. Experience almost always counts, and a glimpse of it through other people’s views can give you some subtle strengths or weaknesses you may not see in product specifications.
Get out of the comfort zone and have a look at reviews mentioned on Amazon for each product. In general, terms, if a product is getting an overwhelming avalanche of negative feedback, then it will serve you well to ignore it. On the other hand, if a product is getting a considerable rate of positive reviews, it is a logical decision to consider it. Never make a decision based on one positive or negative review.
In a nutshell, these are some of the useful guidelines that will make your backpack choice better a thousandfold. In short, take a deep breath, define how you will be using the backpack, look for the right specifications as outlined in our best 2018 backpack guide and then get what is best for you.
- What is a 100% waterproof backpack?
A 100% waterproof backpack can be submerged underwater completely with no water leakages inside the backpack. It is not limited to providing resistance to rains and splashes; it is optimized for extreme conditions.
- What are some of the most durable backpack materials?
There exists a range of materials including leather, polyester, nylon, and Corduba.
- What are some of the safety features I need to look for when purchasing a backpack?
Firstly, you need to see if the backpack makes a provision of adequate straps to distribute the weight effectively. These include waist straps, lumbar straps, and shoulder straps. Additionally, you need to see if the straps are adequately padded so that you avoid the discomfort that comes with unpadded straps.