Camping is one of the most exciting experiences you can engage in. After long cold periods of winter and autumn, a great camping session in the summer is the best consolation. Showering can be a tricky affair while on camp. It won’t be so for you if you have the best camping shower. Being in camp does not mean people do not have to shower. You need to shower more often because of the intense activity. A camping shower is very convenient as it is portable, and you can use it virtually anywhere. It should be one of your most coveted camping regalia.
Camping has been one of the most practiced hobbies since time immemorial. The methods and tools used during camping have continued to evolve over many decades. Technology has been incorporated into camping activities to ensure the experiences are like no others. There are a lot of camping showers producers out there today. Among the many types of camping showers, it would be next to impossible to tell which one works great. While camping, you need a shower that will not stall when you are all soaped up. Worry not! We tasked ourselves with helping you get the best camping shower.
Our team of experts went exploring different types of showers and came up with a line-up of camping showers that they established work amazing. This is a review of these showers. It highlights the features, pros, and cons of the showers. In the end, you should be able to choose the best camping shower for yourself easily. Let’s jump right in and find out which camping shower would work best for you. First, below is a comparison table of the various types of camping showers featured.
Best Camping Showers 2018
|Nemo Helio Camping Shower||Check Price||7ft||11 Litres|
|Simple Shower Camping Shower||Check Price||None||1 or 2 liters|
|Invation Camping Shower||Check Price||Long||-|
|Summer Shower Camping Shower||Check Price||Short||5-gallons|
|Rinse Kit Camping Shower||Check Price||6’’||2 gallons|
|Sea to Summit Camping Shower||Check Price||None||Small|
|Acetek Camping Shower||Check Price||200 cm||-|
|ProduTrend Camping Shower||Check Price||long||-|
We Kick off with the Nemo Helio camping shower. The shower has a sleek and compact design. It has a capacity of 11 liters and keeps water hot for long hours. You can, therefore, shower according to your schedule. The shower heats water using sunlight. You don’t have to go through the hassles of heating water prior. It comes with a foot pumps that allows simple and convenient flow regulation. The shower is also very versatile. You need not use it for showering only. You can use this portable hot water shower to wash dishes or your pet.
- The shower has a foot pump
- It has a 7-foot hosepipe
- It uses sunlight for heating
- The shower weighs 1lb 60z when empty
- It has 11 liters capacity
- Its size makes it easy to store
- It is made of compact and sturdy materials
- The camping shower is very versatile
- It keeps the water hot for long hours
- The water pressure is low
- It’s difficult to put back the top cap when the tank is full
- The mouth is too small. You need a funnel to fill the tank. This can be very inconveniencing.
The Nemo Helio seems like an effective camping shower. It is very versatile, easy to store and keeps water warm for long. These are some of the most basic features you need on a camping shower. The shower is durable and will, therefore, deliver service over a long duration. Filling up the tank may be a nuisance though. The mouth is a bit too small. It is still a great option though.
Yes, the shower is as simple as it sounds. The last thing you need while on camp is a tool that hassles you to use. The Simple shower is as simple as simple can get. It is a bottle with a spray nozzle cap. It is very easy to use. You just fill up the bottle, leave it in the sun to warm up, and then came back later to take your shower. It comes in either a 1 liter or 2-liter bottles. You can use it to wash dished too.
- The shower is a bottle with a nozzle cap
- It heats water using sunlight
- It is versatile
- It is easy to use
- You can easily carry it around. It saves space on your bad too
- The water capacity is too low. You may not be able to take a full shower.
- You need to lift it over your head to the shower. Though its lightweight, this can be inconveniencing.
The Simple shower is just as simple as it promises to be. You might be wondering whether it is a good camping shower at all. Well, camping presents a situation where you need to save water, and you don’t have a lot of time and space. That’s why we have the Simple shower on the list. Using it is quick and easy. Though you may not be able to take a full shower, you don’t have to stay dirty for the whole camping period either.
The Invation camping shower is yet another revolutionary camping shower. The handheld shower has a rechargeable battery that can run up to 1 hour on a full charge. It is a compact and easily portable shower. The shower pumps water from a bucket. It delivers ample pressure for the water to flow steadily and gently. The shower head has a suction pump that you can attach to any surface and shower conveniently.
- The shower has a rechargeable battery
- It pumps water from a bucket or any other reservoir
- The shower head is fitted with a suction pump
- The shower runs for 1 hour on a full charge
- The rechargeable system of the shower is very convenient
- The shower delivers ample pressure
- The suction cup is very convenient too. You don’t have to keep holding the shower over your head.
- It is easy to charge. It uses a USB port that you can connect to your laptop or car adapter for easy charging.
- You have to go through a prior hassle of heating the water if you want a hot water shower.
- The pressure is too low
- You can’t use it if you don’t have a source of power
The Invation camping shower is a unique one. Its major strength is that it has a shower head that can be attached to a surface. You can have a makeshift home shower. It uses a rechargeable battery to pump water from a bucket. That’s revolutionary for a shower, too. It is easy to carry, and it’s versatile, you can use it for dish or pet washing too. All these features are great and warrant the shower to be one of your options.
The Summer Shower camping shower is almost similar to the Nemo Helio shower. This shower has a bag, and a hosepipe with a spray nozzle at the end. The bag is made of a reflective and insulative 4-ply material. The bag has a capacity of 5-gallons. It comes with an easy to use on and off showerhead, and a large filling valve. It has a side pocket to carry your soap and shampoo and if fitted with a water gauge to help you monitor the level of the water in the bag.
- Extra-large filing valve
- 5- gallon capacity bag
- 4-ply construction
- The empty shower weighs 1 pound
- The shower is easy to fill through the large valve
- It has a big capacity
- The 4-ply construction is strong. It also helps to keep the water hot for long.
- The water gauge is very convenient. You can’t monitor the level of the water in the tank.
- The shower could use a longer hosepipe. It may be difficult for you to get it over your head if you have nowhere to hang the bag.
So far, the summer shower seems like the ultimate portable camping shower. The large capacity assures you of a full shower. The bag is easy to use too. You fill it up, leave it in the sun, and come later for a hot water bath. The short hose pipe is a bit of a concern though. You may have nowhere to hang the bag. Hanging the bag by its Velcro straps is not advisable too. The straps will break off within a short while. The bag appears on this line up for its ability to quickly heat water and keeps it hot for long, and the high capacity. It is easy to look at this shower as the best portable hot water shower.
Rinse Kit camping shower is yet another unique outdoor camping shower. Interestingly, it still weighs less while empty than most of the other shower we have. It is a plastic bucket with a pressure system, attached to a 6’’ hose with an on/off valve and spray nozzle. It has a foldable handle to enable you to carry it conveniently. It is easy to fill up the bucket since it has a large opening. The lid is also easy to remove. The shower comes with seven different water flow settings.
- The shower has a 2-gallon capacity
- It has seven water stream settings
- It comes with a 6’’ hosepipe
- It has a high-pressure system
- The shower delivers a great deal of pressure on the water stream
- The pressure is adjustable hence a variety of water streams
- The hosepipe is long enough hence convenient
- The tank has a rather high capacity
- The pressure drastically reduces as the shower continues to empty the water.
The Rinse Kit Camping shower does not seem to disappoint in most aspects of a great camping shower. The shower is versatile and easy to fill and use. The pressure of the water stream is great too. You have the option to reduce the pressure if you don’t want too much of it too. It reduces drastically when the first quarter of the water empties though. Overall, the Rinse Kit Camping shower is an above average camping shower.
The Sea to summit Camping Shower is a compact, easy to carry shower. It consists of a fabric bag with a contoured shower head at one end. The portable outdoor shower has well-graduated apertures that ensure equal spray dispersion. The shower head is easy to operate. You need to twist it to open the apertures. The shower is multi-purpose, you can use it for many other functions while in camp.
- The shower consists of a fabric bag and a twist-controlled shower head.
- The bag zips into a small pouch while empty
- The shower head is contoured and graduated
- The shower is multi-functional
- The empty shower is very easy to carry
- The shower head is easy to operate
- The shower head has a balanced and steady water flow
- The bag is made of a strong and durable fabric
- You may need to lift the whole weight of the water in the shower over your head. This can be very tedious.
The Sea to Summit is a camping shower with a completely different design form that we have seen of other showers. The fabric bag is strong and durable, and it is very easy to store while empty. It also helps to heat the water in the sun quickly. The shower is also amazingly designed to ensure a steady and continuous stream. The shower has no horse pipe though. You have to lift it if you need the water over your head. The camping shower is a fantastic option if you are on a compressed budget.
The Acetek camping shower is similar to the Invation camping shower. This shower has a longer horse pipe though. It comes with a rechargeable battery, with a capacity of 2000mAh. You can charge the battery through a USB port. The shower pumps water from a bucket. You can also attach the shower head to a surface and use it similar to a home shower. Its installation is easy. You screw the shower head on the hose pipe, and the battery back on the other end.
- The shower works with a 2000mAh USB rechargeable battery
- It has 2-5 hours charge time
- It runs up to 1 hour on a single charge
- The shower head is fitted with a filter that filters the water
- The shower head has a suction cup
- You can attach the shower head to a wall and use it hands-free
- The shower has a long horse pipe
- It is easy to recharge. A USB port is very versatile
- It is easy to install and operate the shower.
- The shower won’t heat the water. You need to go through the prior hassles of preparing the water and putting it in a bucket.
- The installation hassles may be a nuisance to some people. Many camping showers have no installation issues.
The Acetek camping shower is versatile and convenient. It allows you to fit it as a normal home shower. That’s the amazing bit about it. The horse pipe is also longer than most of the other we have seen on the review so far. That’s amazing. All these features point at a camping shower anyone would want to have. This shower should not miss in your list of options.
Lastly, we feature the ProduTrend camping shower. It works similar to the Acetek and Invation camping showers above. It uses a USB rechargeable lithium-ion battery that delivers unbelievably high pressure on the water stream. It has a shower head that has a suction pump attached to it. You can easily have a makeshift shower, just like the one at home. The horse pipe is pretty long too.
- It is powered by a lithium-ion battery
- It is USB rechargeable
- It has 1 hour run time
- It comes with a suction cup
- You can easily hand it on a surface
- The USB rechargeable port is readily available
- It has high-pressure levels
- The horse pipe is long enough.
- You may not be able to use it if you don’t have power
- You still have to go through a prior hassle of preparing the water.
The ProduTrend Camping shower rises above many others because of its impressive pressure levels. The pressure of the water stream is impressively high for a battery powered shower. It has other numerous convenient features too. It could easily be the best camping shower we have on the list. It has some misgivings, but so does all the other camping showers. This shower should not miss in your list of options.
Best Camping Showers 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
Hopefully, the above review put you in a better position to make an informed choice, next time you go looking for a camping shower. It should give you an idea of what entails a great camping shower. The different showers feature on the review have strengths in different aspects. The best portable shower for you is dependent on your specific circumstances. You need to consider some factors before settling on any one of them. A great shower is crucial part of the best camping shower setup. These factors include;
The camping shower has different capacities to hold water. Some have as low as 1 liter, while others have as much as 5 gallons. The shower with low capacities may not allow you to take a full shower. They are easy to carry and store though. They save on space. You don’t need a large capacity if you don’t intend to take a full shower too.
- Horse Pipe Length
The ideal showering situation is having the water stream over your head. A great shower should allow you to have the water stream over your head effortlessly. Those with a long horse pipe and a suction cup on the shower head are a great option in this regard. You still may be able to get the stream over your head with the other shower, but it might be tedious as you may be forced to lift the entire weight of the water.
- Water Stream Pressure
Your shower needs to have a certain level of pressure on the water stream, for you to have an invigorating shower. These showers have different levels of pressure on the water stream. Different people desire different pressure levels on the water. Take time to consider the pressure and find out whether it is suitable for you, before settling on a particular camping shower
Getting the best camping shower should no longer be such a daunting task. The buying guide and reviews above should help you narrow down to your best-suited camping shower. The review is a long one and remembering all the details in it may be difficult. The table below is a summary of all the details contained in the review, and the respective prices of the various camping showers.
|Nemo Helio Camping Shower||Check Price|
|Simple Shower Camping Shower||Check Price|
|Invation Camping Shower||Check Price|
|Summer Shower Camping Shower||Check Price|
|Rinse Kit Camping Shower||Check Price|
|Sea to Summit Camping Shower||Check Price|
|Acetek Camping Shower||Check Price|
|ProduTrend Camping Shower||Check Price|
- Best Swim Caps To Keep Hair Dry 2018
- Best tea tree oil for skin 2018
- Best headbands for running women and men 2018
- Best insoles for flat feet and knee pain 2018
- Cheapest self balancing scooter reviews 2018
- Best crossbow for the money 2018
- Best jump rope for beginners 2018
- Best Electric Fillet Knife 2018