This post contains affiliate links which provides us a commission at no cost to you.
Read the full disclosure here.
One of the biggest challenges facing humankind in this 21st century is unfitness as a result of lack of exercise. Many people find it hard to squeeze in time for a workout routine, in the midst of their extremely busy schedules. Skipping is a work out activity that does not require heavy resources or time investment. Getting a few minutes of skipping rope daily will greatly boost your overall health status. Having the best crossfit jump rope is central to a productive skipping session.
The benefits of skipping rope as far as working out are concerned, and undeniable. The best skipping rope will help you increase your mental and physical body coordination. It also aids your cognitive body functions. The benefits are felt more on your lower limbs muscles. The muscles become firm and more resilient, hence more power and reduced risk of lower limbs injury. Athletes, especially those in MMA and wrestling, find jump ropes very resourceful. You may also want to buy the best jump rope for weight loss exercises.
There are many manufacturers of jump ropes today. If you went looking for one today, you would be left confused about which is the best among the many available. The skip ropes come in different designs. These designs work differently for different people. A good skip rope should be durable. It should also have the required weight and height. Durability is also key. You don’t want a rope that wears off after two skipping sessions. Finding the best jump rope for crossfit might not be very easy. You need not worry though! The following is a detailed review of carefully selected jump ropes that we established to be great. The review will inform you on the features of a good jump rope. You’ll be able to make an informed choice next time you go looking for a jump rope. Below is a comparison table of the various jump ropes reviewed.
Best Crossfit Jump Ropes
1) Pulse Weighted – Best Crossfit Jump Rope
The Pulse weighted jump is a versatile, high-performance skip rope. The rope comes with adjustable weighting to allow you to build some muscles while skipping rope. The weights can be adjusted to suitable levels for anyone. The rope has a height of 10ft, which is adjustable downwards to be fit for people of different heights. It has a high-quality 6mm underwire. The rope has fantastic ergonomics on the handles that allow you a comfortable and firm grip. The handles are covered with memory foam to ensure your palms remain free from sweat. The skipping rope is appropriate for fitness workouts, MMA and boxing warm-ups, cardio training and many other workout routines. It is appropriate for both adults and children.
- ✅ LIFETIME WARRANTY- We back your jump rope for life. If ever there is an issue, contact us for a replacement free of charge always.
SIZE ADJUSTABLE - Recommended for anyone 6ft 6in and shorter. Easily adjustable jumprope from 10ft down to your desired length within seconds! Jump rope comes with easy to understand...
- The rope measures 10 ft
- The height is adjustable
- It comes with adjustable weighting
- It has memory foam handles
- The rope has ball bearings on the handle to ensure it is tangle free
- The memory foam on the handles absorbs palm sweat to keep your hands dry.
- The weight of the rope ensures a smooth rotation
- The rope height is adjustable. This means it can be used by almost anyone
- The handle ergonomics ensure a comfortable and firm grip.
- The weights keep falling off during skipping. This can be very inconveniencing and annoying.
- The rope does not have desirable high speeds.
The Pulse skip rope seems like a great rope to work out with. It is built for heavy workout routines. Professional athletes would most likely find such as rope very resourceful. The rope is durable and easily adjustable. It can be used by virtually anyone. The heavy nature of the rope means the speed of the rope is not the best. The rope is designed to help build muscle though. Weightlifters may be very intrigued by this skipping rope. The rope might not find a lot of favor among cardio enthusiasts. The falling weights could be a nuisance too. Other than that, the rope is fantastic.
2) WOD Nation – Best Skipping Rope
If high-speed skipping is your thing, the WOD Nation rope would be as a fantastic jump rope for you. It is lightweight and cuts through the air with amazing efficiency. It will reduce minutes off your overall skipping session. The rope delivers an extremely stable swing that helps you quickly recover from inaccurate swings. The rope is equipped with four bearing systems. It has two of its handles and two on the tips to ensure the steel cable remains in place. The cable is 2.5mm in diameter. It comes with a free carry bag, making it easy to move around with. The rope is equipped with nylon resin coated handles, and the ball bearings allow the handle-cable junction to swivel fully.
- Cut Seconds or Even Minutes Off Your WOD Times : This jump rope is not only fast but also creates a very stable rope swing so you can easily recover from inaccurate swings
- Stop Doing Singles When Everyone Else is Doing Doubles : After customizing this speed jump rope with a quick snip of a wire cutter you will be on your way to stringing together multiple double unders
- The rope has four ball bearing systems
- The cable is made of steel
- The handles are coated with nylon resin
- The handle-cable junction is full swivel
- The rope is extremely lightweight
- The swivel junction ensures the cable is tangle free
- The rope moves at a very high speed
- Its carrying bag makes it very convenient
- The rope can be customized to string multiple unders.
- The rope’s cable is made of steel, which is very durable
- The rope is very lightweight; this might not be appropriate for people who prefer intense workouts.
- The nylon resin material on the handles might get slippery when your palms sweat.
The Wod Nation jump rope is a great skip rope for cardio enthusiasts. The high speeds are great for cardio routines. Track athletes might find this jump rope very useful. The rope is made of durable. The handle-cable junction is also perfectly designed to ensure no tangling. Though it might be too light for anyone looking to build muscles, the Wod Nation is a pretty effective jump rope. It should be one of your options. if the lightweight is not a concern for you.
3) Survival and Cross Jump Rope
The Survival and Cross Jump Rope is a conditioning work-out rope. It is great for pre-MMA or Wrestling workouts. The rope is designed to be tangle-free and lightweight. It has an easily adjustable height. It can accommodate double unders skipping or long cardio sessions. It has ball bearing at the cable-handle junction that ensures smooth and swift swings. The handle is solid and has great ergonomics that ensure a firm and comfortable grip.
- Fully Adjustable - The Survival and Cross Jump Rope is Built with 5 Inch Handles and Ten Foot Cable and is Fully Adjustable to Provide a Speed and Endurance Workout for Adults of All Sizes
- Easy to Use - Great for beginners as well as the most experienced jump rope athletes to rock your first ever double unders or set a new personal record - from casual skipping rope to serious jump rope...
- The rope has ball bearing systems on the handle junctions
- The rope enables double-unders skipping
- It is lightweight
- The height is adjustable
- The ball bearing junctions ensures the rope is tangle-free
- The height of the rope is easily adjustable
- The rope helps you learn double-unders skipping quickly
- The rope is travel ready; you can easily place it in the carry bag and move with it.
- The rope has high speeds
- The plastic handle connector is not very durable. It breaks up easily.
The survival and cross jump is a fit for a pre-conditioning skip rope. Whether you are a track athlete or a wrestler, this rope will get you in good performance form. The rope may not be a very high-performance skip rope, but it seems to have a bit of everything you would desire in a jump rope. You can skip, double unders, crisscrosses and high knees with this rope. That is amazing versatility. It suffers numerous complaints on Amazon about the plastic handle connector, though that depends on how well you maintain your skip rope. Overall, this jump rope deserves to be among your considerations if you are planning to get a crossfit skipping rope soon.
4) Fit Skuad Jump Rope
The Fit Skuad jump rope is yet another versatile rope. It can be used across various workout requirements. Adults and children will equally find this rope very useful. The rope is lightweight and is made of durable materials. The aluminum handles of the rope are attached to the cable with extra-large screws that ensures the junction is tight enough. The handles are also covered with memory foam to ensure you have a firm and sweat-free grip. The jump rope has a ball bearing system on the handle-cable junctions to ensure it is tangle free. The rope maintains a high momentum and has high speeds. The cable is thin enough to travel through the air at amazing speeds.
- Get a Jump Rope Workout that you can Always Trust- While other speed jump ropes are poorly designed with cheap plastic handles that break way too fast, impossible to adjust cables and difficult and...
- We Want to Improve your WOD– Your life will be MUCH EASIER if you can have a smooth, quiet and durable rope skipping, with an efficient ball-bearing rotational system, plus extra long handles, while...
- The rope has 6-inch handles
- The handles have memory foam covers
- The rope has a speed of 320 jumps per minute
- It comes with a carry bag
- The cable is made of steel and is covered with PVC
- It has ball-bearing systems on the handles
- The handle-cable junction of the rope is very firm
- The memory foam allows a comfortable sweat-free grip
- The materials used to make the rope are very durable
- The carry bag is very convenient
- The rope allows double and triple unders skipping
- The rope cuts through the air with great efficiency and high speed
- The shape of the handle is not very convenient. It makes it uncomfortable to hold.
The Fit Skuad jump rope appears to be a top of the range skipping rope. It has impressive features and great efficiency. The rope is versatile and can be used by almost anyone. The reviews on Amazon further cement the jump rope’s effectiveness. The Fit skuad seems like an all-around jump rope. It has numerous desirable features that help it to stand out. It should feature at the top of your list of options if you are planning to get a skipping rope soon.
5) CPOKOH Speed Jump Rope
The CPOKOH rope is made for speed and convenience. It comes with aluminum handles which meet perpendicularly with the cable. This ensures the cable swings swiftly. The cable is made of steel, and it is covered with durable plastic. The cables are made to be sturdy to allow smooth and rapid rotations. The handle-cable junction is 360-degrees swivel to ensure it is tangle free. The height of the rope is 9.8ft, and it is easily adjustable. Shorter people can reduce the height of the rope and skip comfortably. It comes with a carry bag to enable you to carry it around conveniently.
- ❶ FORGED ALUMINUM HANDLES- This isn't your ordinary jump rope! The unique handle design (cord come out perpendicular to the handles) and steel cord covered with durable, long-wear plastic allows for...
- ❷ 360° SWIVEL BALL BEARING DESIGN- 360° Universal Balls Upgrade Version, the jump rope can be rotated 360 degrees.The skipping rope don't need any installation. Seven balls design and comfortable...
- The rope swings with high speed
- The cable is 9.8ft in height
- The height of the cable is adjustable
- It has a 360 degrees swivel junction
- The junction has ball bearings
- The handles are made of aluminum
- The rope is tangle free
- The height can be adjusted to be fit for shorter people
- The rope is made of durable materials
- The carry bag is very convenient
- The rope is high speed
- The movement of the rope is swift and smooth
- The ergonomics of the handle allows a comfortable grip
- The steel wire making up cable tend to get bent for a short while. They generate tremendous friction against each other while skipping.
The CPOKOH jump rope has numerous exciting features that seem very convincing. It has a smooth and fast swing, and it allows easy handling. The cable-handle junction has a perfect design that ensures no tangling. Tangling is very annoying while you are skipping. The bending that occurs on parts of the cable is a bit of a concern though. It might not make much difference to the movement of the rope through. The rope is versatile and can be used by virtually anyone. That is very desirable. Overall, the rope appears to be a fantastic option.
6) King Athletic Leather Jump Rope
King Athletic is a popular brand as far as sporting equipment is concerned. This is one of their most revolutionary jump ropes. The jump rope has a leather cable, and memory foam covered handles. This makes it very comfortable to handle and have swift and smooth movement. The leather is very durable and makes the rope lightweight, hence a great option for cardio lovers. The rope’s height is adjustable between a low of 6’10’’ and a high of 9’4’’. It can, therefore, be used by many people, regardless of their heights.
- ✅ MADE FOR CARDIO FITNESS - This jump rope will help you build cardio endurance, stamina and speed while improving your muscle tone throughout your entire body! It is a classic favorite amongst...
- ✅ TRAINING VIDEO INCLUDED - Workout alongside your personal video trainer and to achieve your peak performance
- The rope has a leather cable
- It has a cable height of 9’4’’
- The cable height is adjustable
- The handles are covered with memory foam
- The leather is a very durable material
- The leather cable is less painful if you accidentally whip yourself with it as compared to the steel cable
- The memory foam covering on the handles ensures your palms remain dry
- The adjustability of the cable makes it suitable for different people
- The handles have great ergonomics that allows easy handling
- The leather and other materials used are very durable
- The jump rope suffers tangling, which can be very inconveniencing.
The King Athletic leather jump rope is a fantastic skip rope. If you are an experienced skipper, you will know how to swing the rope to avoid tangling. The rope is the best jump rope for beginners and kids, since accidental self-whipping may not be as dangerous as with steel-cable ropes. The jump rope is durable and has extremely smooth movement. This is exactly what you desire in a skipping rope. This rope should not miss at the top of your list of options next time you go looking for a skipping rope.
7) King Athletic Speed Jump Rope
We encounter yet another Jump rope from King Athletic. This jump rope is made for speed. Unlike the one above, this rope has a steel cable, that is covered with a PVC material. The rope delivers sharp cutting through the air with amazing speeds. This rope might not be the best for beginners. Accidental self-whipping could turn injurious with this skipping rope. It is lightweight and the materials used are durable. The handles are still covered with memory foam to ensure maximum comfort. The rope has an adjustable height ranging between 6’10’’ and 9’4’’. Many people’s heights fall within this range. It can, therefore, be used by adults and children.
- ✅ FREE SHIPPING for all customers within the USA + 200% Return on Investment. Actually, we offer better than money back. If there are any issues with your skip rope, we will send you a new one and...
- ✅ VIDEO & eBOOK Included *SEE EMAIL ATTACHMENT* (usually $36) Workout alongside your personal video trainer and get two eBOOKS which outline a number of great techniques for taking your jump rope...
- The height of the rope ranges between 6’10’’ and 9’4’’.
- It has a steel cable covered with a PVC plastic
- The handles are covered with a memory foam
- The rope is lightweight
- It is a high-speed rope.
- The rope delivers desirable high speeds, especially for cardio routines
- The adjustable height allows people of different heights to use the rope
- The materials used to make the rope are very durable
- The memory foam covered handles allow a comfy and firm grip
- The jump rope tangles into loops at the handle-cable junction while skipping. This is very inconveniencing
This is a conventional jump rope from King Athletic. It features most of the materials present in all the other jump ropes we have featured. It is made for speed. The tangling issue is concerning, especially for a jump rope with a steel cable. It can be very annoying. The rope is durable and has smooth movement though. If you are experienced enough to know how to avoid tangling, this rope could be a fantastic option for you.
8) 5BILLION Speed Jump Rope
The 5BILLION jump rope is yet another jump rope optimized for speed. The rope comes in great ergonomics on handles, which ensure they are non-slip. The handles have grooves where the fingers comfortably wrap-around. This ensures a comfortable and firm grip. The 10 ft rope comes with large screws on the junction, and it is easily adjustable. It can be used by both adults and children. It allows double unders skipping. It comes with a carry bag to allow you carry it around conveniently.
- ✮Ergonomic Non-slip Handles✮- The Jump rope has a handle with grooves in it for your thumb and index finger to rest, which makes grip comfortable. The sweatband allows you hold your rope without...
- ✮Easily Adjustable✮- This Exercise Training Rope comes with a fully adjustable 10 ft long cable. Appropriate for all ages and for any calorie- burning workout program.
- It has a handle with finger-wrap grooves
- The rope has an adjustable height of 10ft
- It delivers a speed of 320 jumps per minute
- It comes with a carry bag
- The jump rope is appropriate for people of all ages
- It delivers good speeds
- It comes with high-quality construction, hence durable
- It helps you learn double unders skipping
- The height of the rope is easily adjustable
- The large screws enable the junction to remain firm
- The coating on the cable is not durable. It comes off within a short while. Skipping with a rope with a naked cable is dangerous.
The 5BILLION jump rope delivers the speed it promises. It is also convenient as it does not suffer from challenges such as tangling suffered by most ropes. The rope has durable materials, though the cable coating is not very durable. It comes with numerous convenient features, which make it easy to look at it as a great skipping rope. For Cardio enthusiasts, this is a fantastic jump rope. The finger-wrap grooves are a unique feature. They will allow you to hold on strongly and comfortably to the handles while skipping. The jump rope enjoys very impressive reviews on Amazon. Many are particularly impressed by its ability to help them learn double unders skipping. This is arguably the best jump rope for double unders.
9) Powerskip Epitome Jump Rope
Lastly, we review the Powerskip jump rope. We close off with yet another weighted jump rope. Weighted jump ropes are normally heavy. They, therefore, do not have high speed. The Powerskip jump rope is designed for muscles building routines. The cable is weighted. It, therefore, does not need and additional weight attachments. The cable height is adjustable, and it ranges between 5’0’’ and 6’8’’. The junction is also well designed to ensure it is tangle-free. The manufactures of the jump rope have such confidence in the product that they offer a lifetime warranty.
- The handles are covered with memory foam
- It comes with a lifetime warranty
- It is a weighted jump rope
- The height of the rope ranges between 5’0’’ and 6’8’’
- The height is fully adjustable
- The adjustability of the rope allows many people to use it
- The rope is tangle-free
- It is made of durable materials
- The weighted cable is suitable for routines aimed at building muscles
- The memory foam covering ensures a firm and comfortable grip.
- The rope comes to no instructions for adjusting the height. Many may find it difficult to adjust it.
- The highest level of height it has is rather low. Many might not be able to use it.
Skipping with weighted jump ropes is meant to build muscles. Weightlifters are particular fans of jump ropes such as the Powerskip rope. The Powerskip jump rope has exciting features that enable it to perform extremely well. The rope is compact and adjustable. The materials used are also durable. If you are looking to build some extra muscles by skipping, this could be the jump rope for you. Its ergonomic are optimized for comfortable handling and smooth movement. These are very desirable features, considering the rope is rather heavy. Overall, the Powerskip epitome is an above average skipping rope.
Best Crossfit Jump Ropes – Buyer’s Guide
We have looked at various jump ropes and their respective features. The review has not concluded on which one is the best though. The jump ropes are designed to be used in different circumstances. Therefore, the best rope for you depends on your situation. There are various factors that you need to consider before settling on buying a particular jump rope. The factors are supposed to be compared to the features of the various jump ropes we have highlighted when selecting a jump rope. The best jump rope for you, might not be the best for the next person. The factors include;
Your height or that of the person to use the rope is central to how good the experience you have with the rope is. You should compare your height to that of the rope to ensure that you can comfortably use it. Luckily, the ropes come with standards adjustable heights and, therefore, they can be used by many people. This is not guaranteed though. Be sure to check and confirm, as some could be too short or too long for you to use them. Normally a height ranging between 5’’ and 9’’ is appropriate for many people, both adults, and children.
The design of the handle-cable junction of a jump rope is very crucial. This design is central to how smoothly the rope swings. The junction is supposed to either have a ball bearing system or be full swivel, or better yet have both features. These features ensure that you do not have to worry about tangling while skipping. A jump rope with tangling can be very frustrating. You do not want anything that interrupts your skipping session when you are in the heat of it. Tangling is also dangerous. You could fall and get injured.
The materials used to make the jump rope are an important factor to consider too. Good quality materials will obviously make a durable jump rope. A jump rope is made up of the handles, the cable, and the cable coating. Normally, the cable is made of steel or leather, the handles are made of plastic or aluminum, and the cable coating is made of PVC plastic. The materials are sturdy and durable. Other ropes could be made of different materials. It is important that you check to establish their durability though.
Jump ropes are either weighted or lightweight. Weighted jump ropes are made heavy, to be used in the muscle-building routine. Lightweight jump ropes are normally for cardio exercises. Your choice between the two should be informed by what you wish to achieve with the jump rope. For the weighted jump rope, adjustable levels of weight are desirable so that it can be used by many people. One weight level may mean others who cannot handle the weight cannot use the jump rope. Lightweight jump ropes move faster and swiftly, hence the best jump rope for cardio exercises. The jump rope you buy should be optimized towards delivering your desired results
These jump ropes come at different prices. The jump rope you get will ultimately be determined by how much you are willing to spend. Getting value for your money is the ultimate goal. This can be achieved by comparing the different jump ropes that are within your budgets to determine which one has more value. You should carefully inspect the features of the various jump to find out which would deliver better performance and convenience in your specific situation.
Having gone through various jump ropes and come up with a buying guide, you are now better placed to choose the best crossfit jumping rope for yourself. The factors highlighted above, are to be compared with the respective features of the various jump ropes, to help you make a decision. This review’s sole aim is to ensure that you get the jump rope that will serve you best. The review is very long though. It would be difficult for anyone to recall all the details in it. Below is a summary table, with all the reviewed jump ropes as well as their respective features and prices. You can quickly skim through the table and make a quick decision.