We always take knives for granted until we want to cut something, especially in the kitchen, or any other culinary art space. The significance of knives in human lives cannot be underestimated. Fish is one of our most beloved food. Well, at least for those who are not vegetarian. A part of preparing fish involves filleting. Filleting can be a difficult task if you don’t have a good knife. It is a great thing that we have electric fillet knives today. If you arm yourself with the best electric fillet knife, filleting fish will no longer feel like such a daunting task.
Electric knives are many on the market today. They come in different designs. Choosing the best one might not be very straightforward. There aren’t many electric fillet knife reviews available. For a flawless fish filleting session, you need to be armed with the best electric fillet knife. Many people do have the technical knowledge about the electric knives though. They, therefore end-up buying ineffective electric fillet knives. If you are one of such people, you have come to the right place. We aim to ensure you get the fillet knife that will serve you to the fullest. Below is a detailed review of electric fillet knives. It will help you choose the best fillet knife for your kitchen. First, below is a comparison table of the various fillet knife we are going to review.
Best Electric Fillet Knife 2018
The Cuisinart CEK-40 is a top of the range electric fillet knife. It comes with high-quality stainless blades and a BPA free plastic handle. The knife is equipped with a powerful motor that ensures it cuts smoothly through your fish while filleting. It comes with a durable and attractive block wood storage tray. It has an on/off and blades release buttons, which make the control of the knife very simple. The knife comes with two full-size blades. It also has a blade lock feature, to keep little children safe. The knife is developed with strict adherence to the North American electrical standards.
- The knife has two stainless steel blades
- It has a one-touch pressure-activated trigger
- The knife has a 4ft cord
- The materials used are BPA-free
- The double blades enable versatile used of the knife. It is a great option for fish filleting.
- The control buttons are easy to use
- It has a safety, blade-lock button. You are less worried about your children handling the knife
- The blades have good reciprocating power.
- Both the knife and the woodblock storage tray are very attractive. They’ll look great in your kitchen.
- The plastic handle of the knife is big and may feel uncomfortable for many people. The plastic is not very high quality too. It breaks up easily.
Except for the rather big and low-quality plastic handle, the Cuisinart CEK-40 electric knife comes with great features. Ultimately, the handle’s comfort depends on the size of your handle and how well you maintain it, respectively. If you have big palms, it should feel very comfortable. Similarly, if you don’t knock the handle against other surfaces frequency, there is no reason to be skeptical about it. The Knife delivers a great performance and deserves to be one of your options if you are considering getting one soon.
Rapala is an industry leader in the production of culinary equipment. Their heavy duty commercial electric fillet knife comes in high-quality and durable materials, as well as a powerful performance. The great performance is made possible by the heavy-duty motor. It delivers high reciprocating speed and power, to easily and swiftly cut through the fish. It comes with a convenient one-touch on/off button. It comes in a moderate size, making it convenient for many people to handle. The knife is dishwasher friendly and you, therefore, do not have to worry about it getting dirty.
- The knife has a 7 ½’’ blade
- It has an 8’’ power cord
- It has a one-touch on/off button
- It has high speed and power
- The knife is very powerful
- The ergonomic design allows comfortable handling
- The power cord is long; it gives you more freedom
- The knife is dish washable hence convenient
- The plastic material is not very durable.
- The knife’s handle might feel small to some people.
The Rapala heavy duty knife is a great option for many people. Its power is not questionable. The only concern is the size, though it will be comfortable for many people. It might feel too small if you have large palms. The control is easy and the reciprocating speed and power of the blades in great. It is one of the best we have in the review. Its reviews on Amazon are also quite encouraging. This one could be the best electric fillet knife for walleye.
American Angler is yet another popular brand in the culinary equipment industry. This knife comes with the 32352DS blade. The blade is designed specifically to make the process of filleting very easy. It comes with the pro-series motor, that delivers amazing power. The power delivered by this knife is most likely incomparable to any other. The knife has an 8’’ curved blade and an 8ft cord. It also comes with handling gloves to enhance safety.
- The knife is equipped with a pro-series motor
- It has an 8’’ blade
- It comes with an 8ft cord
- It is equipped with a venting system with a cooling fan
- The knife is very powerful
- It has great ergonomics on the handle that allow comfortable handling
- The power cord is long; it allows more movement
- The gloves are a great addition to enhance the safety of the user
- Though the knife has a venting system, the handle gets hot in a short while
- It comes with no user instructions
This American Angler electric knife seems like a great option. The power is amazing. Your fish filleting session cannot be the same again with such a powerful knife. The handling is very comfortable and the controls easy to operate. It could use a user manual for a person who hasn’t handled an electric knife before though. The knife gets hot after a short while. This is rather concerning. It seems like the high power comes causes to much heat. Overall, if you are looking for a high-performance, heavy-duty electric knife, this is your knife.
We have yet another electric knife from American Angler. The only difference between this knife and the one above is the blade. This knife comes with the 323250DS blade. All the other features are similar. The knife appears on the review as it still features the high-power and convenience we have seen above.
- The knife has an 8ft Cord
- It comes with an 8’’ blade
- It has a pro-series motor
- It has a venting system and cooling fan
- The knife is very powerful
- The handle allows a firm and comfortable grip
- The cord is long enough to allow easy movement
- It’s a great option for filleting
- The knife generates too much heat, despite having a cooling system
There isn’t much difference between this American Angler electric fillet knife and the one above. The only difference is the blade type. This knife is a great option for filleting, though it has some misgivings.
The Black Decker comes with blades designed for cutting slices of bread. It has double 9’’ serrated blades. The blade is made of high-quality stainless steel. The handle allows a comfortable and firm grip. The knife is dishwasher friendly too. It features the safety lock button and blade release buttons that ensure the blades remain in good conditions for longer.
- The knife has 2 9’’ serrated blades
- It is dishwasher friendly
- It has a safety lock and blade release button
- The blade is made of high-quality stainless steel
- The knife is made of high-quality and durable materials
- It is dishwasher friendly hence convenient
- The handle allows comfortable handling
- The blades though long and serrated are not the strongest. They get dull in a short while.
The black decker electric knife seems like a moderate performance knife. Though it can be used for fish filleting, it is best suited as a bread cutter. The knife has long blades, which makes it rather effective for filleting. The blades are not very strong though. They tend to bend. This might affect their effectiveness as far as fish filleting is concerned. The knife comes at a lower price as compared to the other knives on the review. It is, therefore, a great option if you are on a compressed budget.
We feature yet another electric knife from the Rapala brand. This knife one is cordless though. Your freedom of movement with the knife is unlimited. That’s very convenient. The cordless fillet knife is powered by a 110v lithium-ion battery. It has an 80 minutes charge retention time, with less than two hours charge time. It comes with a 7’’ stainless steel blade.
- The knife is cordless
- It is powered by a 110v lithium ion battery
- The battery powers the knife for 80 minutes
- It has a less than two hours charge time
- It comes with a 7’’ blade
- The knife has high portability hence very convenient
- It is powerful
- The handle has great ergonomics that allow easy handling
- The battery drains too fast
- The knife becomes dysfunctional when the battery refuses to charge. There are numerous cases of the battery becoming dysfunctional after a short while.
The Rapala knife is a great option for anyone looking for a portable electric knife. It has several shortcomings though. The battery seems not to be very durable, and the knife cannot function without a functioning battery. It is not a very reliable knife. However, the convenience brought along by its convenience warrants its appearance on the review. We can only hope the battery system of the knife can be improved. A fully portable and reliable electric knife would be desirable.
The Hamilton Beach 74250 electric fillet knife comes with a stainless-steel blade, and a convenient storage case. You can disassemble the knife and carry it conveniently. The blade is curved and serrated, making it great for cutting bread, meat and fish filleting. The knife is developed as per the North American electrical standards. It comes with a fork to help you firm hold whatever you are cutting.
- The knife has a storage casing
- It comes with a non-slip trigger
- It has a stainless-steel blade
- The blade is curved and serrated
- The knife is very powerful
- Its handle has ergonomics that allow easy and comfortable handling
- The knife needs no sharpening
- It is easy to disassemble and clean
- The knife suffers overheating
- The cord is rather short
The Hamilton beach 747250 appears to be an above average electric fillet knife. Its features are exactly what you expect from a good electric knife. It has power and some level of convenience. The cord is rather short, and it might affect your maneuverability with the knife. The overheating is concerning too. The knife has many encouraging reviews on Amazon though. It is also a budget electric fillet knife. It serves the purpose while costing less. It may not be among the best, but it delivers a good performance within its limits.
The Mister twister electric fillet knife comes with a stainless-steel blade. It is powered by a 120 v mains power connection. The knife delivers high power levels. It generates high torque levels to power through the item being cut with ease. The knife features heavy-duty gears and bearings. It has great ergonomics on the handle that allow you a comfortable and firm grip.
- The knife has a stainless-steel blade
- It has the safety lock feature
- It comes with heavy-duty gears and bearings
- It is powered by 120 v mains connection
- The knife delivers high power and torque levels
- The safety lock guarantees you the safety of toddler and pets in the house
- It has a well-designed handle
- The blade can be easily disconnected from the handle for easy washing
- The knife makes humming sounds while in operation
- The power cord is short
The mister twister is yet another top of the range electric fillet knife. It may not have very many fancy features, but it delivers great power, which helps you fillet your fish with ease. The power cord is a short one, so your movement with it might be limited. This electric knife deserves to be one of your options, as its effectiveness cannot be called into questions. It is among the best electric fillet knives we have on the list.
We close off with the Proctor Silex electric fillet knife. The knife comes with a one-touch on/off button and a stainless-steel blade. The handle has finger contours to allow a comfortable and firm grip. The knife is designed to be handled comfortably by both left and right-handed people. It comes with double blades which are easily removable for easy cleaning. The knife is also dishwasher friendly. It can be easily cleaned in a dishwasher.
- The knife features 2 7’’ stainless-steel blades
- It has a one-touch on/off button
- It has a hand-contoured handle
- The blades are removable
- The knife can be comfortably handled by both right and left-handed people
- It can be conveniently washed with a dishwasher
- It delivers high power levels
- The handles are designed to ensure comfortable handling
- The blades are a bit short compared to other electric knives. Short blades may not be very convenient for filleting activities.
The proctor silex electric fillet knife has good power levels and amazing convenience. The blades are rather short, but they do not take much toll on the effectiveness of the knife. It is, therefore still a very effective fillet knife. Its price is also bound to be a bit favorable than the others. It is a great option for your filleting activities. It has mixed reviews on Amazon, though most of them are encouraging. Ultimately, you need to know how to use the knife for it to serve you well. Overall, the proctor silex electric fillet knife is an above-average fillet knife.
Best Electric Fillet Knife 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
After going through various electric fillet knives, you are probably now better informed about what entails a good electric knife. Some of the knives might appear very similar. The knives reviewed above are carefully selected among many because they have been established to have a certain edge over others. Each has a strength in a particular aspect. So, how do you narrow down to your actual choice? There are some factors that come in to play, when deciding which electric knife to buy, among various knives that you have already established to be great. They are;
The reciprocating power of the knives’ blades determines how well they cut through stuff. Filleting requires a powerful knife. The type and size of the fish also determine the level of power you need on the knife. Check to ensure that the knife you get can deliver enough power to satisfy your cutting requirements. If your cutting and filleting activities are light, a less powerful knife will do the trick. It doesn’t hurt to have a powerful electric knife though.
The blades of the knife are central to its effectiveness. The blades are commonly made of stainless steel. They come in different designs though. Some are serrated or curved, while some are not. Some strong and thick, while others are light and thin. A strong, thick and serrated blade, is the most appropriate for fish filleting.
Filleting fish with ease is desirable, but your safety is also paramount. The electric knives are powered by electric current. This puts the user at the risk of electric shock. The knives are sharp too. Having them around toddlers and pets put them at risk too. The knives come with several safety features and certifications. The safety lock feature locks the blade in the handle, reducing the risk of injuring anyone while it’s not in use. Check to ensure that the knife you get has safety certifications from the relevant authorities. Any additional safety measures should be a plus too.
The electric fillet knives come in different designs. You expect their prices to be different too. Ultimately, your budget will get to determine the knife you get. It is prudent to compare the different knives within your budget, to find out which has the most value for your money.
You are most likely now better placed to make an appropriate choice. The review above aims at ensuring you get the best electric fillet knife for yourself. It is a detailed and long chronology. You might not be able to recall every aspect of it. As such, below is a summary table of all the details in the review.
|Cuisinart CEK-40 Electric Fillet Knife||Check Price|
|Rapala Heavy Duty Electric Fillet Knife||Check Price|
|American Angler 32352DS Electric Fillet Knife||Check Price|
|American Angler 32350DS Electric Fillet Knife||Check Price|
|Black & Decker EK 700 Electric Fillet Knife||Check Price|
|Rapala Cordless Electric Fillet Knife||Check Price|
|Hamilton Beach 74250 Electric Fillet Knife||Check Price|
|Mister Twister Electric Fillet Knife||Check Price|
|Proctor Silex Electric Fillet Knife||Check Price|
- Best spinning reels for bass 2018
- Best fishing backpack reviews 2018
- Best fishing rods for bass 2018
- Best military watches 2018
- Best fish finder for kayak 2018
- Swimming caps that keep hair dry 2018
- Best arch support for flat feet 2018
- Best car wash soap for black car 2018
- Best alarm clock for heavy sleepers 2018
- Best wireless earbuds for running 2018