Smoking is one of the most popular methods of cooking meat. If you have never had a piece of smoked briquet, then you have not explored the art of meat grilling to the fullest. Smoked meat might be the tastiest meat you have ever tasted. Offset smokers come with classic vintage looks, but they incorporate all aspects of modern grills. Smokers have been around for ages. They have gone through tremendous improvements. Modern offset smokers are very efficient and easy to use. The best offset smokers are used in commercial applications. You should plan to get one for your next party. Your guests will certainly be a happy lot if you made them some smoked meal.
There are many types of offset smokers in the market. Getting the best offset smokers among the many types might prove to be a daunting task. Many people would not know what to look for in a great offset smoker, especially if they have never used one before. You might be wondering, what is the best offset smoker? You do not have to wonder anymore! We took out time to explore various offset smokers in the market. We compiled one of the best offset smoker reviews. The review will highlight the respective features of the offset smokers as well as their pros and cons.
The aim of the review is to ensure you get the best offset smoker next time you go shopping for one. The best offset smoker should offer you ample cooking space, be convenient to use and be durable. Shopping for the best offset smoker does not have to be such a daunting task. You should be able to get a great offset smoker for the money you have. Tag along and let’s get you the best offset smoker. Below is a quick comparison table of the various offset smokers featured in the review.
|Offset Smoker||Cooking Space (square inches)||Power Source||Weight (pounds)||Price|
|Classic Pit Barrel Cooker Package||30 gallons||Charcoal||57||Check PRice|
|Oklahoma Joe’s Longhorn Reverse Flow Smoker||1060||Charcoal||196||Check PRice|
|Dyna-Glo DGO1176BDC-D Charcoal Offset Smoker||784||Charcoal||57||Check PRice|
|Char-Griller 1224 Smokin Pro 830 Square Inch Charcoal Grill||580||Charcoal||113||Check PRice|
|Oklahoma Joe’s Highland Reverse Flow Smoker||900||Charcoal||180||Check PRice|
|Smoke Hollow PS9900 Charcoal Smoker||–||Propane/Charcoal||218||Check PRice|
|Dyna-Glo Signature Series DGSS962CBO-D Barrel Charcoal Grill||962||Charcoal||169.4||Check PRice|
The Classic Pit Barrel offset smoker comes in a unique cooking pot design. The smoker is designed for cooking for a few people. It is a great option for your day to day home-based smoking needs. The smoker comes as a package of an 18 ½ inches deep and 8 stainless steel hooks that hold up the meat. The package has a detachable wood chip and charcoal rooms at the bottom. The miniature size of the smoker and the pot design ensures it locks a lot of smoke inside a small space, giving you meat and amazing Smokey flavor. Take a look at some of its features below.
• The offset smoker has a hook remover tool
• It comes with a standard grill grate
• The smoker is fitted with 8 stainless steel hooks
• It is fitted with 2 hanging rods
• The smoker gives the meat an authentic natural Smokey flavor
• The smoker has no assembly hassles. It arrives while fully assembled.
• The smoker is quite easy to use and operate
• It is lightweight and very portable
• The smoker has limited cooking space. You may not be able to cook for many people with it.
The Classic Pit Barrel offset smoker is indeed a classic cooker. You will not be disappointed if all you are looking for in an offset smoker for your day to day home use. It has some of the best-smoked meat results. You will not be able to cook a lot of food in it though. The cooking space is limited. It is the best home offset smoker. You will certainly love having this offset smoker in your kitchen.
The Oklahoma Joe’s Longhorn reverse flow offset smoker is a vintage offset smoker that has modern aspects incorporated into it. It is a large smoker with ample cooking space and a couple of control features that make it easy to use. The smoker also features the unique reverse heat flow technology that ensures heat is distributed evenly in the cooking chamber. The end result is a piece of juicy piece of smoked meat. It is the best custom offset smoker. The offset smoker has an array of very impressive features. Some of these features are listed below.
• The smoker grill features a heavy-gauge all-steel construction
• The smoker has optional smokestack locations
• The smoker comes with a Series of 4 baffles to guide heat and smoke through the main chamber
• The smoker has 1,060 total Square inch
• The smoker has ample cooking space
• It has a great heat distribution system that helps cook the meat evenly
• The smoker has a strong and durable construction
• The smoker is quite easy to use and clean
• It is a very bulky smoker. You may not be able to move around with it
The Oklahoma Joe’s Longhorn offset smoker does not fall short of anything as far as a great offset smoker is concerned. It offers everything you need to ensure you have a seamless meat smoking session. It is a great option for commercial applications. It is without a doubt one of the best offset smokers that you can get. The smoke should feature at the top of your list of options if you intend to get one soon. It is the best high end offset smoker.
The Dyna-Glo DGO1176BDC-D is yet another top-rated offset smoker with an impressive performance. The smoker grill has ample cooking space and it is quite easy to use. It is a robustly built smoker grill that will last for ages. The smoker is fitted with an electronic ignition system that will ensure you have no problem light it up. It comes at a pocket-friendly price too. You will most likely not get a better offset smoker for less than $200. It is the best inexpensive offset smoker. The offset smoker has a myriad of incredible features. Check out some of them below.
• The smoker has up to 784 square inches of cooking space
• The smoker delivers up to 15000 BTU of heat
• It features a Heavy gauge porcelain enameled steel wood chip box
• The smoker features a dual door design that minimizes heat loss
• The smoker has ample cooking space
• The smoker grill has a strong and robust construction
• It heats up very well
• The smoker has a front thermometer that makes it easy to monitor temperatures
• It is a heavy and bulky smoker. It is not easily portable
The Dyna-Glo DGO1176BDC-D is a great offset smoker. It delivers great meat smoking results and it is very convenient to use. The smoker may not be the ultimate offset smoker, but you will certainly love its performance. It a great option if you are on a tight budget. It is the best affordable offset smoker in the review. It qualifies to be one of your options if you will be getting an offset smoker soon. It is the best entry level offset smoker. It is one of the best offset charcoal smokers in the review.
The Char-Griller 1224 Smokin Pro is a top of the range offset charcoal grill smoker. It is one of the best smokers in the review. The smoker comes in a classic vintage design and delivers some of the most impressive performances you can get. The smoker grill is surprisingly not costly. It strikes a great balance between great features and price. It is not necessarily cheap, but it is quite affordable. It is the best budget offset smoker. It comes with an array of incredible features. Some of these features are outlined below.
• The smoker offers up to 580 square inches of cooking space
• The smoker has a heavy-gauge powder-coated steel construction
• It comes with removable charcoal drawers
• The smoker features a traditional design with side firebox
• The smoker offers ample cooking space
• The smoker has a compact and durable build
• The removable drawers make it easy to clean the smoker
• The smoker comes with non-stick cast iron cooking grates
• It is a bit difficult to maintain the steady temperature on the smoker
The Char-Griller 1224 Smokin Pro does not fall short of much as far as a great offset smoker is concerned. It is an effective and affordable offset smoker. It may be nowhere close to the ultimate offset smoker, but you will certainly love its deliverables. It is the best cheap offset smoker grill in the review. It is the best beginner offset smoker too. It will allow beginners to conveniently learn the basics of smoking meat. It is the best heavy-duty offset smoker. It is one of the best-offset pellet smokers in the review.
The Oklahoma Joe’s Highland offset smoker is yet another incredible smoker from Oklahoma Joe’s. It is a top-rated offset smoker with some of the best deliverables you can get from an offset smoker. Just, like its sibling above, it features the reverse heat flow technology that helps distribute heat evenly in the smoker. It is one of the best-offset bbq smokers in the review. Some of its impressive features are outlined below.
• The smoker offers up to 900 square inches of cooking space
• It comes with a heavy-gauge all-steel construction
• The smoker features a large stainless-Steel fuel basket
• It comes with a series of 4 baffles to guide heat and smoke through the main chamber
• The smoker grill has a compact and robust construction
• It offers ample cooking space
• The smoker grill is very easy to use and clean
• The reverse heat flow technology ensures even distribution of heat
• The smoker is quite bulky and not easy to move around.
The Oklahoma Joe’s Highland does not fall short of much as far as a great offset smoker is concerned. It has a few misgivings, but they do not affect its performance in any way. It is one of the best offset smokers that you can get on the market. The smoker is available on Amazon, and it has attracted very impressive reviews. It is the best offset smoker for under 500.
The Smoke Hollow PS9900 is an incredible smoker grill. The smoker grill has some of the best features you will find on any smoker. It is a multifunctional smoker that can uses either charcoal or liquid propane. You can use it to smoke, grill or bake your food. It is the ideal offset smoker for a commercial kitchen. This 4-in-1 grill will ensure you are able to prepare your food exactly the way you want to. It is the best expensive offset smoker. Check out some of its impressive features below.
• The smoker has four grilling options
• The grill comes with an adjustable charcoal pan
• The smoker grill features a ceramic infrared side burner
• The smoker has an adjustable charcoal pan
• The smoker grill has a strong and durable construction
• It offers ample cooking space
• The smoker heats up very well
• The smoker is versatile and multifunctional
• It is a very heavy and bulky grill.
• Assembling the grill is a challenge for many people
The Smoker Hollow PS9900 is indeed a phenomenal smoker grill. It is without a doubt the best smoker grill in the review. The grill is not too expensive either. It cannot be said to be cheap either, but it is offered at a fair price. It is the best offset smoker under 1000. You will most likely not find a better offset smoker for less than $1000. It is the best commercial offset smoker. It is one of the best offset smoker and grill in the review.
Lastly, we review the Dyna-Glo DGSS962CBO-D. Dyna-Glo is one of the most popular brands of smokers. The Dyna-Glo DGSS962CBO-D is one of their best offset smokers. It has a traditional design with a side firebox and it’s quite spacious. It is a convenient and functional offset smoker. It is one of the best large offset smokers in the review. Some of its impressive features are listed below.
• The offset smoker offers up to 962 square inches of cooking space
• The smoker delivers a Cool-touch spring lid handle
• The smoker has a removable charcoal grate & ash pan
• It has a heavy-gauge Steel body construction
• The smoker grill has a compact and durable construction
• It is easy to control the heat on the grill
• The removable charcoal grate is very convenient
• The smoker offers ample cooking space
• The smoker grill is quite heavy and bulky
The Dyna-Glo Signature Series DGSS962CBO-D lives up to the good name of Dyna-Glo smoker grill. It delivers some of the most impressive features you will get from a smoker grill. The smoker grill may not be perfect, but you will certainly love its deliverables. It is the best competition offset smoker since it has ample user convenience.
Offset Smoker Buying Guide
The reviews above are meant to give you a better picture of what a great offset smoker is all about. Before you settle on any of the offset smokers above, you need to consider a few factors first. The factors include.
1. Cooking Space
The cooking space of the offset smoker is very essential. It determines how much food you can cook in the smoker at a go. It is important that you do not stuff too much food into a small space in a smoker. Ensure you get a smoker with ample cooking space is you will be cooking for many people. The small smokers are ideal for personal home use.
The prices of the smokers above will be the ultimate determinant of the offset smoker you are going to get. You can only get the offset smoker that you can afford. Take time to explore the various smokers that are within your budget and get the best one among them.
The reviews and buying guide above should help you narrow down to your best-suited offset smoker. Shopping for the best offset smoker does not have to be a daunting task anymore. Get one of these smokers and make amazing barbeques.