This post contains affiliate links which provides us a commission at no cost to you.
Read the full disclosure here.
If you are a wood handyman, you shouldn’t lack a portable table saw at this day an age. Otherwise known as “jobsites” the table saws have great power, while they are designed to be easily portable. They work great while you have a larger pile of wood to work on, or where long cuts are needed. They come in a compact and portable design, while they deliver cut widths and depth, just like those of conventional table saws. Having the best portable table saw is crucial for handymen or Even DIYers who like to experiment at home. It will enable you great precision and perfect fitting for your woodwork.
Many people like to get handy at home. The demand for portable table saws is high. Manufacturers are many too. A good portable table saw, is compact, powerful and has great precision. Unfortunately, there are many substandard models out there in the market. Some have weak motors, while others have shaky frames or even uneven cuts. Even a wood handyman, might find it difficult to identify the best portable wood saw. Many people do not know the technical aspects behind, the development of a table saw.
No reason to worry though! Our team of experts has carefully explored different portable table saws in the market. The following is a comprehensive review of several portable table saws that we have established are effective. The review highlights the features, pros, and cons of each table saw, to give you an understanding of what a good portable table saw is supposed to be. The review aims at putting you on a better pedestal to choose the best portable table saw for yourself. First, below is a comparison table of the various tables saws reviewed.
Best Portable Table Saws
1. Dewalt DWE7491RS 10-inch Table Saw
The Dewalt DWE7491RS portable table saw is one of the top range saws on the review. The saw has a wide rip capacity and comes in a compact fence design. The design helps it save on space, while not compromising on power. The table saw is equipped with a powerful motor, that cuts through hardwood with amazing ease. The motor is smooth and hence high cut precision. Portability is key on these table saws. The Dewalt DWE7491RS is equipped with a convenient rolling stand, that is easy to set up and disassemble. You can buy the table saw to wherever you need it. The saw comes with a dust collection vacuum chamber, to ensure all the wood dust is trapped and does not interfere with its operation.
- Your purchase includes one Dewalt table saw, 10inch 24-tooth carbide blade, rolling stand, push stick, miter gauge, rip fence, 2x blade wrenches, blade guard assembly manual
- Other Specs: Max rip to left of blade – 22inch | Max rip to right of blade – 32-1/2inch | Max width of Dado – 13/16inch | Arbor size – 5/8inch | Amps – 15 | Depth of cut at 45inch –...
- The table saw weighs 110 lbs
- The motor is powered by 15Amps and 120V
- It has a maximum blade speed of 4800 RPM
- Rip capacity is 32 ½’’
- Maximum cut depth is 3 1/3’’ at 90 degrees and 2 ¼’’ at 45 degrees
- The table saw comes with a wide working space
- It has a high blade speed hence works faster.
- It has a sturdy construction, hence high precision
- It has a wide rip capacity. You can cut thicker wood with the table saw.
- It has a flip over fence design, that allows you to make narrow rip cuts conveniently
- The vacuum dust trap keeps dust away from the inner component of the saw. This means fewer chances of damage.
- The Dewalt DWE7491RS makes a lot of noise. Be sure to use some ear protection while using it.
- The table saw though portable is very heavy. You can roll it around by pushing the stand, but you might have a challenge is you are to load it on a truck.
The Dewalt DWE7491RS does fall short of a great portable table saw. It does have some misgivings, but they do not weigh in on its performance. The table saw is one of the most compact, and its power is great. Its reviews on Amazon are fantastic too. There are several complaints about difficulty in making adjustments, and the noise on many tables saw reviews. As far as the adjustments are concerned, the table saw comes with instructions booklet that you can always consult.
2. Dewalt DW745 10-inch Portable Table Saw
We encounter yet another Dewalt table saw. This one is a bit smaller than the one above. The table saw comes in a simple and compact design. Most of its features are similar to those of the Dewalt DWE7491RS above. It comes in a steel roll cage that protects the saw against job site drops and impacts. It comes with clearly calibrated scales, which help you make very accurate cuts. The saw is very sturdy too. It is equipped with an 1850-watt motor, that delivers good adequate power. Its fence system, provides 610 mm of rip capacity, to conveniently cut through large pieces of wood.
- 22 kilograms unit weight and optimized footprint make this the most portable saw in its class. Shoe bevels 0 to 45 for beveled cuts
- Steel roll cage protects saw against jobsite drops and impacts, rack and pinion fence system, front and rear fence lock and large, clear scales combine to give an extremely accurate and easy to use...
- The table saw weighs 45 lbs
- It has a 15Amps 120V, 1850-watt motor
- Maximum blade speed is 3850RPM
- Rip capacity 20’’
- Maximum cut depth is 2 ¼’’ at 45 degrees and 3 1/8’’ at 90 degrees
- The table saw is lighter than many others hence easy to carry around.
- The motor delivers ample power for a table saw that size
- The smart fence design allows a wide rip capacity
- The table saw cuts with great precision
- It has a vacuum dust trapping chamber to keep the dust away from the saw.
- Unlike in the Dewalt DWE7491RS above, the vacuum dust trapping chamber in this table saw is not very efficient.
- The factory blade that comes with the saw is not very durable. You might have to change it immediately.
The Dewalt DW745 portable table saw appears to be a value pack from the Dewalt series. It is designed to cost less, without sacrificing too much on the power. The convenience is kicked a notch higher from that of the Dewalt DWE7491RS, thanks to its lightweight. The dust collection chamber is not very great though. The table saw has acceptable power levels and great convenience. It is arguably the best portable table saw for someone on a tight budget.
3. Sawstop CNS175-TGP36 Portable Table Saw
The Sawstop CNS175-TGP36 is yet another powerful table saw. The table saw is designed for professional applications. The tables saw comes with an extension table to give you more space to work with. It has a 40 HP motor, and a professional T-glide fence system. The fence system allows the saw to have a greater rip capacity. The motor delivers great power, and smooth operation. The table saw is well calibrated to ensure precise measurements and cuts. It also has a lockdown system, that ensures the piece of wood being cut does not deflect. The saw has a well-designed mobile base cart. Pushing it around is easy. This is arguably the best contractor table saw.
- SAWSTOP PATENTED SAFETY SYSTEM: Stops a spinning blade on contact with skin. The blade stops in less than 5 milliseconds, and drops below the table, minimizing a potentially life-altering injury to a...
- UNMATCHED QUALITY: The trunnion and arbor are built for precision, strength and stability. Poly v-ribbed belts reduce vibration and help ensure a great cut. Table flatness is measured diagonally at 0....
- The table saw weighs 341 lbs
- It has a 40 HP motor
- Rip capacity is 36’’
- The table saw has high power levels
- It has a wide rip capacity thanks to the fence design
- It has high precision
- The base cart design makes it easy to push it around.
- The table saw is extremely heavy. You would have a challenge if you were to put it on a truck.
The Sawstop CNS175-TGP36 is a very powerful table saw designed for professional and heavy-duty applications. The saw is very heavy and loading it on a truck would be a challenge. This is to be expected from a table saw of that caliber though. The base cart is well-designed to roll smoothly, even under the enormous weight. Moving it around the job site is easy. The table saw delivers one of the highest power levels we have seen in the review so far. This is the best portable table saw for fine woodworking.
4. Bosch Portable Table Saw
The Bosch portable table saw is one of the most popular we have on the list. The popularity is out of the amazing performance delivered by this table saw. The table saw comes with an innovative gravity rise and collapsible table, that allows you to adjust the height according to your preference. The table saw comes with 8’’ treaded pneumatic wheels, which roll around smoothly, even under the large weight of the saw. The table saw has an anti-kickback system and a square lock feature that ensures precise cuts.
- Powerful table saw – has 15-Amp saw with 4. 0 max HP and 3, 650 rpm, for rip-cutting and cross-cutting of fine and rough materials
- Dimensions: 37.7" D x 29.4" W x 19.4" H | Product Weight: 110 lb
- The table saw weighs 124.2 lbs
- It is equipped with a 15 Amps and 120V motor
- It has a maximum blade speed of 3650 RPM
- Rip capacity is 25’’
- Maximum cut depth is 2 ¼’’ at 45 degrees and 3 1/8’’ at 90 degrees
- The gravity rise system offers great convenience
- The pneumatic tires make rolling the saw very easy
- The motor delivers high power levels
- The square lock system ensures precise cuts
- The anti-kickback system enhances your safety while using the saw
- The fence on this table saw is not very efficient. Notice it has a rather low rip capacity as compared to other table saws of the same caliber.
- Though the table has high power levels, the blade speed is not the best. We have seen better blade speeds with a less powerful motor.
Comparing the Bosch table saw with the ones above, the Bosch table saw falls a bit short concerning its power. It is still a powerful table saw though. The same cannot be said about the convenience levels. The gravity rise design is an absolute winner. The tables saw also guarantee you the most precise cuts. These latter features make the saw stand out. The saw’s portability is better than that of the Saws top above. Though it is still heavy, the pneumatic wheels work magic.
5. Skilsaw 3410-02 Portable Table Saw
The Skil 3410-02 table saw comes with a cast-aluminum table. It has a heavy-duty steel construction for fast set-up and easy transport too. The table saw has a self-aligning fence system that ensures a wide enough rip and very precise cuts. It comes with the EZ view measurement system for precise measurements and cuts. The operation of the Skil 3410-02 is heavily banked on its accuracy. The table saw comes with a 12’’ T-slot bar, which is the longest on the review. This makes it a great option for mitering wide stock.
- 20-inch x 26-inch cast aluminum table extends to 20-inch x 32-inch for longer work pieces
- 3-1/2-Inch cut height capacity for cutting through 4x materials
- The table saw weighs 67 lbs
- Its rip capacity is 25’’
- It has a 15 Amps, 120V motor
- It comes with a foldable steel stand
- The table saw has high accuracy levels
- It is not very heavy hence more portable
- The 12 ‘’ T-slot bar is very convenient for mitering applications
- The motor delivers high power levels.
- The table saw has rather high noise levels.
- It is not very portable as the stand cannot be rolled around.
The Skil 3410-02 portable table saw appears to be a moderate performance table saw. The power and speed levels are good enough, and the convenience level is just fine. The table saw has great accuracy though. Most of its features are optimized towards ensuring maximum accuracy. That is very desirable. The table saw is not as portable as one would want it to be, but it is rather lightweight as compared to other table saws. The portability is, therefore, moderate too. The Skil 3410-02 table saw is yet another budget table saw. It may not be a top range table saw, but it will deliver an impressive performance, while it costs much less.
6. Makita 2705 Portable Table Saw
Lastly, we look into the Makita 2705 Table Saw. The table saw is yet another powerful, and very convenient table saw. It comes with a tool-less modular guard system and adjustable dual-size guards. The guards allow easy and precise measurements. The guard design also allows the operator to inspect the revolution of the blade, in case it is coming into contact with the body material. It is also fitted with the anti-kickback system to ensure you remain safe. It enables height adjustments, to allow three cutting positions for though, no-through and dado-cuts.
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Powerful 15.0 AMP motor delivers 4,800 RPM
- The table saw weighs 82 pounds
- It has a maximum blade speed of 4800 RPM
- It is fitted with a 15 Amps, 120 Volts motor
- It has a Rip capacity of 25’’
- The motor delivers a powerful and smooth performance
- The table saw has very high blade speeds
- The anti-kickback keeps the operator safe
- The table saw allows easy tool-less adjustments.
- The Rip capacity is rather low as compared to that of other table saws.
- The table saw is not very portable. It is rather heavyweight, and its stand does not have wheels.
The Makita 2705 table saw is very powerful. It still appears to be a moderate performance table saw though. The rip capacity is not the largest, and the level of portability falls below par. The blades speed is the largest we have seen so far. That is impressive considering it has the same motor as most of the other table saws. The table saw is designed to allow three cutting positions. This is its selling point. It allows a variety of cuts. The table saw also allows easy and tool-less adjustments. We have had complaints about difficult adjustments on the other table saws. The latter two features enable the table saw to stand out, and hence its appearance on the review.
Best Portable Table Saws – Buyer’s Guide
You probably now have a better understanding of what entails a great portable table saw. The table saws above are similar in some aspects and different in others. As you may have noticed, each of them has been established to have a particular strength. As such, the best portable table saw for you, is subject to your particular circumstances. Having understood the technical features of a table saw, what is supposed to inform a choice between several saws that you have established are great? Let’s look at various factors, that you are supposed to consider before settling on a particular table saw.
Whether you are a professional craftsman or just a handyman who likes to work with wood at home, having the best table saw is fantastic. However, your usage of the table saw as a professional is bound to be different from that of a DIYer. Therefore, before settling on a particular table saw, evaluate whether it can meet your requirements. For instance, a DIYer would just need a table saw that can cut wood into the pieces they require. On the other hand, a professional craftsman saw table should have high accuracy and power levels to ensure his work is top notch.
These saws use electrical power, and they have a sharp, fast rotating blade. You are bound to cringe every time you try to think of the injury they can cause if mishandled. The table saws also make noise. The noise could damage your hearing system too. Table saws come with various safety measures, such as the anti-kickback system, and noise insulation. It is also paramount that you ensure you know how to operate the table saw you get. The table saw with more safety features, is the best, in this regard. The saw should also have certifications of quality. Ensure the saw you get has been certified as efficient and safe to use.
The whole review is about portable table saws. It would, therefore, be a shame if you ended up with a table saw that you find hard to move around. These table saws have varying weights. They also come with features such as wheels to ease their movement. It is upon you to decide how portable a table saw is for you. Lightweight table saws are not very powerful as the heavier ones. You will have to find that delicate balance between the portability and power. For instance, if you have the necessary machinery to lift heavy items, you shouldn’t be concerned about the weight.
These portable table saws differ widely in prices. Value for money is always a good thing. It is, therefore prudent to compare various table saws within your budget and find which one delivers more value. In as much as you may want to buy the table saws at a lesser price, it is best that you never compromise on the quality. Ultimately, the table saw you buy is dependent on your budget. Strive to get the best table saw for the money you have.
The review above should put you in a better position to make an informed choice. The buying guide should help you narrow down to your exact choice. The aim is to ensure you get the table saw that will serve you well and for long. The review is very detailed though. You may find it difficult to recall all the detail in it. These details may seem trivial, but they make a big difference in the performance of the table saws. As such, below is a summary table of the various table saws featured, with their respective features and prices.