The bathroom is a haven after a long busy and probably excruciating day at work. It is possibly the place where many people will go to unwind and catch a breath after a tiring activity. We all have bathing soaps, shampoos, scrubbers, and towels that make our showering experience worthwhile. However, keeping these items organized can prove to be a real struggle. Having the best shower caddy in the bathroom will go a long way in ensuring your items in the bathroom remain organized, without a hassle. After a long day at work, you want to come home for a bath in a bathroom that is neat and well organized. You do not want to come and start looking for your bathing items everywhere.
Shower Caddies come in different shapes and sizes. There is a wide variety of shower caddies on the market. In most instances, the choice of the shower caddy is informed by personal preferences. Having the best shower caddy will ensure your bathing items remain organized in a manner that appeals to you. Finding out which one the best among the many varieties, might not be very straightforward though. If you have not interacted with them before, it will be difficult for you to determine which one is the best. Worry not! We have compiled a list of various shower caddies that stand out. We are going to explore their features, merits, and demerits. From the review, you will be able to make an informed decision about which shower caddy is best suited for you. Below is a comparison table of the shower caddies we are about to review.
Best Shower Caddies 2019
|Name||Price||Type||Material||No of compartments|
|Simplehuman Tension Shower Caddy||Check Price||Pole shower caddy||Stainless steel|
|Umbra Bask Shower Caddy||Check Price||Overhead hanging shower caddy||Polypropylene plastic|
|MDesign Bathroom Hose Shower Caddy||Check Price||Suction Cup shower caddy||Stainless steel||8|
|Bino Franklin Shower Caddy||Check Price||Overhead hanging shower caddy||Aluminum||2|
|Maytex Mesh Fabric Shower Caddy||Check Price||Portable shower caddy||Polyester fabric||6|
|Tote 7 Pocket Shower Caddy||Check Price||Portable shower caddy||Polyester fabric||8|
|Vidan Shower Caddy||Check Price||Suction cup shower caddy||Stainless steel||2|
|Zenna 7402AL Shower Caddy||Check Price||Overhead hanging shower caddy||Aluminum||2|
|Vidan Dual Installation Shower Caddy||Check Price||Suction Cup shower caddy||Stainless steel||3|
|Hasko Shower Caddy||Check Price||Suction cup shower caddy||Stainless steel||1|
|SimpleHuman Adjustable Shower Caddy||Check Price||Suction Cup shower caddy||Stainless steel||2|
1) Simplehuman Tension – Best Simplehuman Shower Caddy
The simplehuman Tension shower caddy is a fantastic accessory to have in your bathroom. The caddy comes with an adjustable height. You can adjust it to fit in various spaces in your bathroom. It’s shelves are also adjustable. They slide up and down to create space to place your tall shampoo bottles. The caddy consists of aluminum poles and stainless-steel shelves. Aluminum and stainless-steel are both durable materials. The materials are also rustproof. It has conveniently placed hooks for hanging your razors and other small items. It comes with grippy rubber feet to ensure it stands firm.
- The shower caddy has adjustable shelves
- It is made of aluminum and stainless-steel materials
- It has high-compression springs to support the weight on the shelves
- It comes with grippy rubber feet
- It has hooks for hanging small items
- The shelves are adjustable
- The shower caddy stands firm and is strong; It can support considerably large weight
- The adjustable shelves allow you the freedom of placing your items anywhere
- It is space efficient
- The caddy will fit in most bathrooms; its height is adjustable
- The materials are made to be rustproof
- It has a dispenser feature which is very convenient
- The baskets do not have a level bottom. Items placed tend to keep falling off. This can be annoying.
A shower caddy is supposed to bring some order to your bathroom. The Simplehuman tension shower caddy is a convenient accessory. It allows you to arrange your items in your most preferred manner. The caddy is made of rustproof and corrosion -free materials. You are guaranteed it will last for long. All these are hallmarks of a desirable shower caddy. The baskets are conveniently adjustable, but their bottom is not leveled, which makes bottles keep toppling over. However, it allows you to store the bottles upside down for easy dispensing. Overall, the simplehuman tension shower caddy is convenient and durable. It, therefore, qualifies to be one of your options. It is probably the best tension shower caddy we have on the list.
The Bask shower caddy from Umbra is yet another great option if you are looking for a good shower caddy. It comes with three baskets. These are well designed with a level bottom to ensure your bottles stay steady. The caddy is hanged on a shower head or a shower curtain rod. The baskets are made of a polypropylene plastic material which is strong and cannot rust. The baskets are held together by stainless steel chains. It has conveniently placed hooks for you to hang small items such as razors. The baskets are equipped with vents to ensure there is not scum builds up.
- The caddy has three baskets
- It is made to be hang on a shower head or shower curtain rod
- The caddy measures 36.25’’ in height
- It is made of polypropylene plastic and stainless-steel materials
- The shower caddy is made of durable materials
- It has ample space
- The caddy remains sturdy even when supporting a large weight
- The baskets have holes to prevent scum build-up. This is very convenient.
- The hooks provide a convenient way of storing your razors.
- The baskets are connected with a chain. The chain tends to snap at times, and it cannot be repaired when it does.
This plastic shower caddy has an attractive, ergonomic design. It will add up as a decorative piece in your bathroom. It is sturdy and is made of durable materials. The shower caddy is a bit small as compared to others. It is important that your caddy be strong enough and to hold the weight of you bathing items. The Bask shower caddy has these desired deliverables. It, therefore, ranks well among best shower caddies.
3) MDesign Bathroom Hose Shower Caddy – Best Shower Caddy
The Mdesign shower caddy comes with a very innovative design. The baskets are conveniently placed to allow placing your shampoo bottles and other bathing items easily. The shower caddy works well with both handheld and large-size shower heads on it. It has six angled baskets and 2 level shelves at the bottom. This makes it very convenient as you have two distinctively designed shelves to place differently shaped items. It has a non-slip grip handle to ensure you can move it around easily. It has suction cups with which you can attach it to your bathroom’s wall. The 14-inch caddy is made of rustproof and corrosion- free stainless steel.
- The caddy has six angled shelves
- It has 2 level bottom shelves
- It comes with a non-slip grip
- It has suction cups for attachment to walls
- It is made of steel
- The caddy is 14’’ in height
- The caddy has an attractive design
- It has large spaces lets your items dry up quickly but won’t let them fall.
- The non-slip grip handle is very convenient
- Steel is durable, and it is made to be rustproof in this caddy
- The suction cups are strong enough to hold the caddy on to a wall even when it’s loaded
- The caddy has welded joints that tend to break off easily.
The Mdesign shower caddy comes with a unique design that delivers amazing convenience. The angled shelves allow you to place your bottles slanting and not have to worry about their height. The caddy can also be stuck on a wall to free up space in your bathroom. The welded joints are a concern though. There are several complaints about them on Amazon. Majority of the reviews are positive though.
The Bino Franklin shower caddy is yet another uniquely designed shower caddy. The shower caddy has two hanging shelves. The mesh shelves allow your shower items to drain quickly and stay dry. This avoids scum build up. The shelves are flat and have a level bottom. You do not have to worry about your bottles toppling over. It is made of durable and rustproof aluminum. The caddy is 12’’ in height and comes with a non-slip grip handle. The caddy is equipped with a soap dish. This is convenient as you do not have to place your soap with other items. Soap stains other bath items when placed together. The caddy has two hooks for hanging your shavers too.
- The shower caddy has two shelves
- The shelves are flat and level-bottomed
- The shelves hang from the mainframe
- It has a soap dish
- It comes with two hooks
- The aluminum used to make it is rustproof
- The caddy has two spacious shelves
- It is equipped with a soap dish that separates the soap from the other items
- The materials used are rustproof
- The caddy is easy to mount
- The hanging shelves are removable; this makes them very convenient
- The shower caddy does not work well if your shower head is handheld. The tubing of the shower and the caddy block each other.
The Bino Franklin shower caddy is best suited for an overhead shower. It does have very convenient features though. It is durable and rust-free. The caddy has a unique design and is more spacious than the other caddies we have reviewed above. It allows you to place different items separately to ensure everything stays in good condition. It should be one of your options if you are considering getting a shower caddy soon.
The Maytex shower caddy is a revolutionary bathroom accessory. It is made of fabric unlike the other caddies we have reviewed, either that are made of plastic, aluminum or steel. The caddy has compartments for different items, and the compartments are covered with a mesh fabric that allows quick draining. It has convenient metal grommets that allow you to attach it to your bathroom’s curtain pole. The grommets are rustproof and hence last longer. The caddy is machine washable.
- The caddy is made of a polyester fabric
- It comes with six mesh pockets
- The caddy is machine washable
- It has rustproofed metal grommets
- It is equipped with secure blinding edges
- The polyester fabric is durable
- The caddy is machine washable; this is very convenient
- The materials used are rust-free
- The mesh pockets allow your items to drain fast
- The design makes it easy for you to organize your items
- The caddy has no hooks. You will find it troubling to find a convenient spot to place your razors on the caddy.
- The caddy requires frequent washing
The Maytex shower caddy is a revolutionary one. It takes a completely different approach to its design making it way cheaper than the other caddies we have. This does not affect its efficiency and convenience though. You might have to wash it more frequently, but it is machine washable, so it’s easy to wash. The handling of the caddy is easy, and it can be conveniently hang on your shower curtain rod. That allows your items to drain fast. It has several pockets for different items. Overall, it is a fantastic shower caddy.
The tote shower caddy is yet another shower caddy made of polyester fabric. This shower caddy is most appropriate for swimming pools. It is also the best shower caddy for dorms. It comes with seven spacious compartments and a 6’’ deep main compartment in the middle. It has convenient canvas carry handles that you can also use to hang it on the shower head. The fabric is made to be a mesh allowing all items placed in the caddy after a shower drain quickly.
- The caddy has seven large side compartments
- The middle compartment is 6’’ deep
- It comes equipped with canvas handles
- The fabric is sewn into a mesh
- The polyester fabric is very durable and rust-free
- The large compartments allow convenient placement of large bottles
- The canvas handles allow you to carry the caddy easily and hang it on a shower head
- The fabric mesh allows the items to drain quickly
- The caddy is machine washable
- The caddy requires frequent washing.
- The fabric materials make the caddy prone to easy tear.
- The caddy has no hooks for small items
The Tote shower caddy is yet another fabric caddy that has great convenient. It is designed for outdoor use or shared bathroom situations. It allows you to conveniently move around with your bathing items, no matter how bulky they might be. The large compartments are particularly very effective with bottles. The shower caddy seems like, and amazing accessory and it should be one of your top of the list options when you go looking for one next. This is the best shower caddy for college students.
7) Vidan Shower Caddy – Best Stainless Steel Shower Caddy
The Vidan shower caddy comes with two very spacious baskets. The caddy is made of stainless steels. It has a crisp and shiny finish. It is an attractive shower caddy. The baskets are detachable as they hang from the mainframe. The caddy has suction cups that will adhere firmly to most surfaces. It can hold a load of up to 20 lbs. It has conveniently placed hooks to ensure your small shower items are well arranged.
- The caddy is made of a stainless-steel material
- It can support a load of up to 20lbs
- The caddy has hooks to hang small items
- It has two baskets
- The baskets are detachable
- The baskets are very spacious
- The hooks are very convenient for hanging razor and other tiny items
- The caddy can support a considerably large weight
- The detachable baskets allow you to place long bottles easily
- The caddy is very attractive
- Stainless-steel is rust-proof and durable
- The suction cups are not very strong. The caddy will fall off in a short while when loaded.
The aesthetic beauty of the Vidan shower caddy is unrivaled. It is also very spacious. These two are very desirable features. However, the caddy’s suction cups are not very strong. The caddy does not have any other hanging mechanism. This is very troubling especially if you have weighty items to place on the caddy. There are several complaints on Amazon about this. The caddy works fine if your items are not weighty though. Majority of the Amazon reviews are positive. It is, therefore, still a very effective shower caddy.
Zenna shower caddy is similar to the Vidan shower caddy, only that it has a slip-proof carry handle that can also double up as a shower head hanger. The caddy is made of durable, rustproof, light and strong aluminum. It comes with two very spacious shelves. It also has suction cups to attach it to a wall. The caddy’s frame is 23.5’’ in length, and its installation is pretty easy.
- The caddy has two detachable shelves
- It has a non-slip carry handle
- The caddy is made of aluminum
- It has a soap dish as the bottom shelf
- The shelves are very spacious
- The carry-handle makes it very convenient
- The slip-proof handle makes it easy to move around or hang on the shower head
- The materials used are durable and rust-free
- It has a conveniently placed soap dish
- The caddy is easy to install
- The space between the bottom shelf and the upper one is not enough to store tall shampoo bottles even when fully adjusted.
The Zenna shower caddy delivers all the basic requirements of a shower caddy. The baskets are spacious, and it has a hanger in case the suction cup fails. The space in between the shelves is too small though. It cannot fit most shampoo bottles. The top shelve is rather high and placing the bottles on it makes them come toppling down every time you try to pick them. Durability and the slip-proof handle are the desirable features, which make the caddy a great option.
We encounter yet another shower caddy from the Vidan brand. This shows that the brand is superior to other in its shower caddies. The Dual Installation shower caddy from is almost identical to its counterpart on this review. The only difference is that this one has three shelves. All the shelves are detachable. The caddy is made if stainless steel. It has a shiny, crisp finish and the materials used are rust and corrosion free.
- The caddy has three detachable shelves
- It is made of stainless-steel
- It has hooks for hanging small items
- The caddy has suction cups
- The stainless-steel material used is corrosion and rusts resistant.
- The shelves are very spacious
- The materials used are durable
- The hooks make it very convenient
- The shelves are detachable to create space for long shampoo bottles
- The caddy has an exquisite and elegant appearance
- The suction cups fail when the caddy is loaded.
The Vidan dual installation caddy can be attached to a wall or hang on the shower head. This makes it very convenient as the suction cups usually fail especially when the caddy has a load. The caddy has various desirable features, including being durable, spacious and adjustable. It has an exquisite finish that makes it a decorative piece in your bathroom. This shower caddy has a bit of everything expected from a great shower caddy. It is, therefore, a favorite for many as proven by the many impressive reviews on Amazon.
The Hasko shower caddy comes with a one-basket design. The basket has a space for a soap dish though. You get to conveniently place all your items in one basket without mixing them with the soap. The caddy has strong vacuum suction cups that will adhere strongly to your wall. The suction cups do not work well with porous surfaces though. The caddy is easy to install, and it is made of stainless steel which is corrosion resistant, rustproof and durable. The suction system can support a weight of 22lbs. This allows you to place weighty items on the caddy without having to worry about it falling.
- The caddy is made of stainless-steel
- It has a one-basket design
- The single basket is equipped with a soap dish
- The caddy has strong vacuum suction cups
- The caddy can support a weight of up to 22bs
- The stainless-steel material of the caddy is durable, rust-free and corrosion resistant
- The caddy has a crisp and attractive finish
- The vacuum suction cups adhere strongly to a non-porous wall
- The caddy is easy to install
- The one basket means you have to keep all your items together; this is not so hygienic.
- It has no hooks for hanging tiny objects.
The Hasko Shower caddy comes with a unique design, though it is similar to most caddies regarding the materials used to make it. The one-basket design is attractive, but it might not be ideal for people who have numerous items for their bathing sessions. The vacuum suction cups are powerful though. They hold on strongly to the wall even when loaded. The load limit is also relatively high. The cups cannot hold on to a porous wall though. For a person who does not have a lot of bathing items, this is a pretty fantastic shower caddy.
Finally, we review a second shower caddy from the Simplehuman brand. The Simplehuman adjustable shower caddy has all the features of its counterpart in the review, but its baskets are adjustable sideways. This means tall shampoo bottles can be placed conveniently on the caddy. The caddy allows you to place your bottles upside down for easy dispensing. The caddy is made of stainless steel and is corrosion free and rustproof. The caddy has a mesh design that allows the items to dry up quickly after use. It has hooks for tiny items and a rubberized clamp and screws to ensure every compartment remains intact.
- The shelves slide up, down and sideways
- The caddy is made of corrosion resistant and rustproof stainless steel
- It has suction cups
- It has rubberized clamps and screws for a secure grip on the mounting surface
- The shelves have a mesh design
- It is equipped with hanging hooks
- The shelves sliding sideways is very convenient as it creates more storage space
- The rubberized clamps and screws ensure the caddy holds on tight on to the wall
- The mesh design ensures the items drain fast
- The hanging hooks are ideal for hanging tiny items
- The material used is corrosion and rust free hence durable
- The baskets of the caddy do not have a level bottom. Items placed on the shelves, especially bottles, easily topple off. This can be quite annoying.
- You cannot use this caddy with a hand-held shower head. The caddy gets in the way of the shower head’s tubing.
The Simplehuman adjustable shower caddy is made to have more storage space without necessarily making the caddy too large and bulky. It achieves this with impressively. The materials used are durable, and it has other convenient features such as the hanging hooks and the rubberized clamps. The unleveled bottom is a concern though. You do want your bottles falling off and possibly spilling the contents now and then. Overall, the caddy has great convenience and is sturdy and firm. It has above average deliverables, and it is a great option for many people.
Best Shower Caddies 2019 – Buyer’s Guide
We have gone through some shower caddies, and you are now probably informed about what a good shower caddy entails. However, the review might seem inconclusive on which one of the featured caddies is the best. The caddies come in different designs and are designed to be used under different circumstances. Therefore, the choice of the best shower caddy is informed by personal preferences. Some of the shower caddies we have reviewed compare the same regarding their features, and the tiebreaker would probably be the aesthetic looks. There are a number of factors that are supposed to inform your exact choice of a shower caddy. Let’s dive in and discuss these factors.
1) Type of Shower Caddy
As mentioned before, shower caddies come in different designs and for use in different ways. It is important to consider these distinctions in comparison to your bathroom setting to know which caddy is best suited for you. The shower caddies come in the following types;
- Pole Shower Caddy
These types of shower caddies are supported by a tension pole and placed on the corner of a bathtub. As such, they are only suitable for use with bathtub. Therefore, if you do not have a bathtub, this caddy would not be the best option for you. You need to ensure that the pole shower caddy you get is sturdy and has rubber feet. The pole is the sole support of the caddy and all the weight placed on it. If it is not strong enough, the items placed on it might come crumbling down at any instant. The rubber feet prevent the metal pole form coming in to contact with water spilled in the bathroom.
- Overhead Hanging Shower Caddies
These are designed to be hang on overhead shower heads as you shower. The design of your shower will inform how suitable such a shower caddy is for you. Some shower heads do not have space for you to hand anything. Therefore, getting an overhead hanging shower caddy would not be appropriate. These caddies cannot be used with handheld showerheads too. The tube of the shower head tends to collide with the caddy making it a nuisance.
- Door Caddies
These are caddies meant to be hang behind the bathroom door. Bathrooms come with different designs, and some have the door at a far distance either from the bathtub or the shower. You should consider such factors before getting a door caddy.
- Suction Cup Caddy
These caddies are equipped with vacuum suction cups that enable you to mount them on the wall. The vacuum cups are not effective on porous wall though. These caddies are ideal to most people’s situations, but you need to ensure that the suction cups of the caddy you intend to purchase are strong enough to support its loaded weight. The suction cups tend to get overpowered over time. It is important that you ensure the caddy you get has an alternative method of mounting in case the suction cups fail.
- Portable Shower Caddy
These shower caddies are meant for situations where you have to move around with them. The most popular among these are the fabric shower caddies. These come with convenient carry handles that allow you to carry them. There are caddies made of other materials that are portable too though.
Caddies come in different materials. They can be stainless steel, aluminum, plastic polyester fabric. These materials are crucial determinant of the durability of the caddy. Plastic materials are durable but are prone to breakage. Stainless steel and aluminum are strong and durable, but they are prone to rusting especially in bathrooms’ humid conditions. Polyester fabric is durable, though not as plastic or steel, and lighter. It is prone to tear though. Your specific situation will inform which caddy is best for you.
The caddies come in different shapes and sizes. They have different finish technologies and colors. These aesthetics appeal to different people differently. You want a caddy that looks good in your bathroom or while you are carrying it. The designers of the caddies put a lot of work in ensuring the caddies have exquisite looks. The final choice is based on personal preferences though. Choose the one that appeals to you the most. You should be careful not to compromise on the quality for aesthetic look though.
4) Where to Use It
Bathroom caddies are designed with specific situations in mind. For instance, shared bathrooms require that you have a portable shower caddy. Therefore, most of the mount caddies would not be ideal for such situations. Mount cadies are ideal for a home bathroom, where you do not have to take your bathing items outside the bathroom. Fabric shower caddies are popular for their portability. There are the most appropriate places such as swimming pools and college dorms.
5) Compartments/ Baskets/ Shelves
Different caddies have different numbers of compartments. The compartments also have different adjustability levels. You have to carefully consider the amount and size of your bathing items. Some will fit some won’t. For instance, if your bathing items include long bottles of shampoo, chances are high that they will not fit in a caddy that has many compartments and they are not adjustable. Shower caddies with less number of compartments which are adjustable will comfortably accommodate large-sized items. The shower caddies made of fabric are different though. They have no adjustability aspect. You just need to consider the size and the number of pockets, to deduce whether your items can fit in.
The shower caddies we have reviewed differ widely in prices. The prices differ according to the brand or the material used to make the shower caddy. Pricey caddies are normally more durable and have greater convenience. However, it is important to compare these prices with the features that the caddies have. The caddies could have their prices informed by other market forces rather than just the quality. Comparing the price of the caddy against it feature and those of other caddies of a similar price range will ensure you get value for your money.
We have reviewed several shower caddies that we established are among the best. The review outlined the features, merits, and demerits of each caddy. We have also developed a buying guide. All these efforts are aimed at aiding you to choose the best shower caddy for yourself. The factors in the buying guide are to be compared with the features of the caddies in the review, to deduce which one is the best for you or in a particular situation. The review is quite long though. It would be difficult to recall every aspect of it while looking for a shower caddy. As such below is a summary table of the contents of the review. The table also highlights the respective prices of the various shower caddies.
|Simplehuman Tension Shower Caddy||Check Price|
|Umbra Bask Shower Caddy||Check Price|
|MDesign Bathroom Hose Shower Caddy||Check Price|
|Bino Franklin Shower Caddy||Check Price|
|Maytex Mesh Fabric Shower Caddy||Check Price|
|Tote 7 Pocket Shower Caddy||Check Price|
|Vidan Shower Caddy||Check Price|
|Zenna 7402AL Shower Caddy||Check Price|
|Vidan Dual Installation Shower Caddy||Check Price|
|Hasko Shower Caddy||Check Price|
|SimpleHuman Adjustable Shower Caddy||Check Price|
- Best Sump Pump – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Electric Wall Heaters – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Infrared Heaters – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Baseboard Heaters – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Air Purifiers – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Fish Finders – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Water Filter Pitcher – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Bladeless Fans – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Faucet Water Filters – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Glue For Leather – Buyer’s Guide