Installing a router can be a challenging task for many people. We seek to ensure you have an easy time while trying to install your Netgear router. We publish objective and factual reviews and guides that seek to ensure you have relevant information about wireless routers. Netgear is one of the most popular brands of wireless routers. Netgear routers are renowned all around the world. They are powerful and efficient. Netgear routers always have impressive connection speeds and ample coverage. The best netgear routers are in use all across the world. Netgear also provides the best dd wrt router USD 2019.
You might have looked around and settled for a Netgear router. One of the most common concerns about Netgear routers is the setup process. So, how do you go about setting up a Netgear router? The following is a detailed synopsis of the setup process of a Netgear router. You should be able to get the Netgear router working right away. The steps are not identical for all Netgear routers, although the frame is the same. Netgear produces some of the Best wireless router for home 2019. Netgear routers have fair prices too. You can get the best wireless router for under 50 USD 2019 or even the best wireless router for under 100 USD 2019.
Netgear routers are installed using the Netgear genie user interface. The set up steps are as follows.
1) Connect your modem or ISP data cable to the internet port of the Netgear router. Connect your computer to one of the LAN ports too.
2) Switch off the computer and the router, and switch them on again. Allow them to finish booting.
3) Open the browser on your computer and key in the routers IP address, which is normally http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 in the address bar.
4) You will be prompted to log in into an administration panel
5) Login to the administration panel using the default credentials of the router. The username is admin and the password is password.
6) You will be logged in to the administration of the router. Click on the setup wizard, and a new screen will appear. Click yes then next. The setup wizard will recognize the type of internet connection you have. Click on next to save the settings.
7) To inspect your internet connection, click on router status under the maintenance tab. The IP address space should have a valid IP address.
8) It should be easy and straightforward. You can access the Netgear genie through an App. You download the Netgear genie App on play store, if all you have is an Android phone. You need to ensure the phone and the router are in the same network.
9) This process applied if you are configuring cable internet connection using a Netgear router that uses the Smart Wizard user interface.
Installing a Netgear router should no longer be such a daunting task. Netgear has different types of routers, and they all have different features. The exact procedures of the individual routers might be a little bit different. The above steps work for all Netgear routers, though the specifics might differ a bit.